Windows 10: Realtek audio ports are all kinds of messed up

Discus and support Realtek audio ports are all kinds of messed up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My motherboard is a Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, I just bought it last week. When I refer to things that happened "in the past", I mean with Realtek audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vaindil, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Vaindil Win User

Realtek audio ports are all kinds of messed up

My motherboard is a Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, I just bought it last week. When I refer to things that happened "in the past", I mean with Realtek audio on other motherboards.

I keep speakers plugged into the back panel and I have headphones plugged into the front panel. This was never an issue in the past, I could switch between them at will. Now, however, they're both bundled together into one "Headphones" output, and I don't have the ability to split them up. The back panel is used if nothing is plugged into the front panel, otherwise the front panel is used. There should be an option in the Realtek control panel to split them, but there isn't.

The sound control panel window lists the jacks as recording devices, not playback devices, even though it's recognizing the jack as a playback device. I don't really know what's going on.

Realtek audio ports are all kinds of messed up [​IMG]

:)

Vaindil, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Jonatino Win User

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Realtek audio ports are all kinds of messed up

The audio (Realtek) on my Lenovo 320S is not working - both microphone and speakers

Hi,

You need to troubleshoot the Audio Driver, follow these troubleshooting steps:

1. Go to Device Manager>Sound, Video and Game Controllers.

2. Right-click Realtek High Definition Audio and Update Driver Software.

3. Browse My Computer for Driver Software.

4. Under Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select Install High Definition Audio Device.

5. Once it’s finished, repeat steps 1-4, and then install the latest RealTek High Definition Audio Version.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Realtek audio ports are all kinds of messed up

1. Realtek audio ports are all kinds of messed up - Similar Threads - Realtek audio ports

2. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  3. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  4. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Realtek microphone picking up all pc audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek microphone picking up all pc audio: im on windows 11 and my microphone turtle beach ear force recon 200 gen 2 picks up all of the audio that plays through my pc. ive tried checking the sound settings in the control panel and i dont see any other solutions to this problem. this is a pain to deal with when in...
  6. Realtek microphone picking up all pc audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek microphone picking up all pc audio: im on windows 11 and my microphone turtle beach ear force recon 200 gen 2 picks up all of the audio that plays through my pc. ive tried checking the sound settings in the control panel and i dont see any other solutions to this problem. this is a pain to deal with when in...
  7. Realtek audio all messed up need guidance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek audio all messed up need guidance: HELP need help yall, so my left speaker on my XPS 13 was not having audio in zoom, in spotify, or even youtube. For this, I uninstalled realtek from device manager but it's still there???? However that's not my problem, after that I restarted laptop found out it was still...
  8. Audio messed up

Audio messed up: I made a mistake I was listening to YouTube and forgot that my headset with a cord was still on my laptop. The tip of the headset broke and I can't get it out whatsoever. Can I use wireless headphones or USB headphones and still be able to listen to music and stuff. So my...
  9. Realtek Audio Console messing with headphone connection

Realtek Audio Console messing with headphone connection: Hi all, I bought my Acer Aspire 5 laptop in September for school, and it came pre-loaded with the Realtek audio console. Normally when I plug in my earbuds, a popup tells me to confirm what device was plugged in Headphones, mic in, line in. Once you confirm the device it...
  10. Realtek Audio Manager Missing Settings? Messed Up Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek Audio Manager Missing Settings? Messed Up Audio: Ok, so I recently got a new Cyberpower PC. I edit a lot, and prefer to do so through headphones, so I plug them into the headphone jack in the front panel. However, I recently got new speakers as well for when I want to listen through those or watch a show with friends....