Windows 10: Realtek Audio will not output any sound suddenly

Discus and support Realtek Audio will not output any sound suddenly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today when I turned on my PC, the Realtek audio will not produce any sound. In the volume mixer it shows that there is not even any sound being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FuzzyWaffle52, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Realtek Audio will not output any sound suddenly

Today when I turned on my PC, the Realtek audio will not produce any sound. In the volume mixer it shows that there is not even any sound being detected by Windows. When I switch devices to my monitor, it has sound, but not with my headphones plugged into my motherboard.

I have updated all my drivers. In my playback devices, sometimes Realtek speakers is there, selected as default device: no audio. Other times it completely disappears: no audio.

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing it? I never had this problem until I booted up today.

submitted by /u/FuzzyWaffle52
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FuzzyWaffle52, Apr 5, 2020

2. Split audio output Realtek HD Audio

Hi Connor,

Not sure if you managed to solve this problem, but I seem to have stumbled on a solution.

The standard Realtek audio processors are able to split different applications to different outputs. I managed to succeed with Music from Google Chrome on my speakers, and CS:GO on my headphones by doing the following:

•Ensured both devices were plugged in and assigned their respective categories (speaker/Headphones out) in
    Realtek Audio Manager

•Went to Control Panel -> Sound and ensured both devices were showing on the list

•Set "Speakers" as my default device

Launched CS:GO and changed the Audio output to
    "Headphones" in the game options.

I hope this helps anyone seeking a solution.

Matthew Retief, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Vivian_S Win User
    Realtek Audio Playing Sound Out of One Side

Hi JoHo3_824,

Thank you posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the Realtek drivers with the sound output on one speaker. I see that you have already tried troubleshooting on re-installing drivers and checking the balance settings for audio. We will certainly look into
    this for you.

For further clarity, please let us know:

1. What is the version of Windows 10 installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    2. How are the headphone connected to your computer?(Bluetooth/USB/3.5mm wired)
    3. Have you tried connecting any alternate speakers/headphones?
    4. What is the make and model of the computer?

You can try the following steps and check.

Method 1: Run the audio troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in
    Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    and check.

Method 2: Install generic drivers manually

• Click on Search on Taskbar and type
      Device Manager.
    • In Device
      Manager, expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers
    • Right click on the RealtekAudio
      and select Update Driver.
    • Select the option Browse my computer for Driver Software.
    • In the next screen, select the option
      Let me pick from a list of available drivers
    • Check the box Show Compatible Hardware and then select the option
      High Definition Audio Device. Click on
      Yes if you get the prompt.
    Check if you are able to hear audio on both speakers.

Let us know how it goes and we will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Realtek Audio will not output any sound suddenly

Movies App kills sound output after 1607 update - Realtek Optical Output

This was a bug that appeared some time back that had been patched, but seems to have re-appeared.

The issue is that when Movies app content is played, the sound card output is muted. Muted for all applications. The movie still plays, just no audio. It remains muted until Movies app is closed, and the other apps are restarted. VLC for instance.

I 'think' this is configuration specific but I have not done any other hardware testing. The PC has a standard Realtek soundcard using their Realtek HD Audio Manager, and is using specifically the Optical TOSLINK output. I believe that is the problem configuration.

My guess is that the Realtek card driver is not compatible with 1607 in the same way. Perhaps they patched it for previous versions so that the bug seemed to go away. But has resurfaced.

Since Windows ultimately must be compatible, I hope you can use this feedback to verify the issue and take corrective actions with Realtek or whatever you did last time.

Hardware Details:

Realtek HD Audio Manager

Audio Driver Version 6.0.1.7535

Audio Codec: ALC1150

using Realtek Digital Output(Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

I remember I used some work around like, opening Movies, then playing something using VLC, then playing Movies.. some combo like that worked until one day that step was no longer needed. Hope that helps.

Chris_sirhC, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Realtek Audio will not output any sound suddenly

1. Realtek Audio will not output any sound suddenly - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio output

2. Realtek Digital Audio output not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Digital Audio output not working: Realtek Digital Audio Output makes no sound, but in the sound playback settings when I play music, change volume, etc it shows its MAKING noise but just not playing it through to my headphones. I have the Razer Kraken X incase that matters....
  3. Realtek Digital Audio output not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Digital Audio output not working: Realtek Digital Audio Output makes no sound, but in the sound playback settings when I play music, change volume, etc it shows its MAKING noise but just not playing it through to my headphones. I have the Razer Kraken X incase that matters....
  4. Realtek Digital Audio output not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Realtek Digital Output isn’t detecting any sound in Control Panel > Sound > Playback

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Digital Output isn’t detecting any sound in Control Panel > Sound > Playback: Hi there, I currently use Speakers (Realtek R Audio) for gaming and for Discord. I got a couple of complaints quite a while ago that my friends can hear my in game audio when I hold down Push to Talk. I learnt that it is because I am using Speakers for playback, however no...
  6. No System Sound Through any Audio Outputs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No System Sound Through any Audio Outputs: I currently use a DAC -X6 for my headphones and have been using this setup for over a year without this issue. I used my PC last night just fine with audio working. However, when I turned on my PC this morning, my computer didn't detect any audio devices and simply had a red...
  7. realtek audio no sound

realtek audio no sound: i have win10 pro and recently had to reset it, though lost most of my apps it is running now but no sound i have realtek audio and everything i tried still no sound and my drivers are up to date. any solutions?...
  8. 5.1 Surround Sound / Realtek HD Audio Manager Outputting 2.1

5.1 Surround Sound / Realtek HD Audio Manager Outputting 2.1: Hey Gents and Ladies! I am new to the forums, brought here by a specific audio gremlin that has been plaguing my system for years. I have been viewing the Realtek Driver thread extensively, but have yet to find a resolution to my issue by updating with the builds...
  9. sound/realtek audio

sound/realtek audio: Reltek driver updated on my laptop, and now the sound sounds weird and has a weird echo like surround sound effect. It plays the sounds in both sides of the headphones but its more vivid in either the left or right side. Ex; if there were drums in a music video it might...
  10. Realtek Audio multi-output tasking

Realtek Audio multi-output tasking: I am having trouble with getting different applications to play through different outputs. I have my speakers plugged into the back and my headset in the front, but I can't figure out how to get my music and game sound to play out of the speakers while keeping the chat audio...