Windows 10: Realtek built-in mic on my laptop is "hearing" but not recording / nobody can hear me

Discus and support Realtek built-in mic on my laptop is "hearing" but not recording / nobody can hear me in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Flex 2 14 and when in Control Panel > Sound > Recording > Microphone Array shows the green bars clearly going up and down with my voice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Damian555555, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Realtek built-in mic on my laptop is "hearing" but not recording / nobody can hear me

I have a Lenovo Flex 2 14 and when in Control Panel > Sound > Recording > Microphone Array shows the green bars clearly going up and down with my voice

Other apps can also see the green bars going up and down (Line app), but no app can actually record sound or put sound through to the other party.

- I have set everything to default and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers from the manufacturer... Still no go!

- I have checked and Windows has allowed apps to access the mic (Settings > Microphone)

- I have run the troubleshooter and no problem is found

- I have set [Allow apps to have exclusive control] both on and off

I'm going out of my mind. What could the problem possibly be?

:)

Damian555555, Feb 28, 2019

2. Use Earphones with Mic to record and hear at same time?

Hi Everybody! Can anyone help me?

I connected my YU Earphones to a friends computer, and I was surprised that I could hear everything from the earphones and Also record from it at the same time!! Whenever I talked into the mic that the earphones have, I could hear my voice in the earphone. He has a Lenovo All in One Computer and Windows 10.

Any guides on how to do the same on my PC?

My earphones are these (WITH A MIC ATTACHED)

Realtek built-in mic on my laptop is "hearing" but not recording / nobody can hear me [​IMG]

NayamAmarshe, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Windbrand Win User
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Realtek built-in mic on my laptop is "hearing" but not recording / nobody can hear me

Built-in Realtek mic

Cortana doesn't not work with my MSI laptop. It has a built-in Realtek mic. Does that mean I have to buy another external mic?

RichardBailey2, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Realtek built-in mic on my laptop is "hearing" but not recording / nobody can hear me

1. Realtek built-in mic on my laptop is "hearing" but not recording / nobody can hear me - Similar Threads - Realtek built mic

2. mic problem. no one can hear me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic problem. no one can hear me: mic all set but no one can hear me .all drivers already installed and updated.or all application mic access done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-problem-no-one-can-hear-me/e2d0d631-eaf8-4568-a7b0-f7e5fb484d2b
  3. mic problem. no one can hear me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mic problem. no one can hear me: mic all set but no one can hear me .all drivers already installed and updated.or all application mic access done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-problem-no-one-can-hear-me/e2d0d631-eaf8-4568-a7b0-f7e5fb484d2b
  4. Recorded a video and can only hear the mic audio on media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recorded a video and can only hear the mic audio on media player: Please help I've looked all over. I use obs studios to screen record videos for my YouTube gaming channel. At first I thought everything was fine because I hooked my mic TONOR TC-777 up and fiddled with some settings and my mic is working fine and so is obs. I say that...
  5. Recorded a video and can only hear the mic audio on media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recorded a video and can only hear the mic audio on media player: Please help I've looked all over. I use obs studios to screen record videos for my YouTube gaming channel. At first I thought everything was fine because I hooked my mic TONOR TC-777 up and fiddled with some settings and my mic is working fine and so is obs. I say that...
  6. Hearing built-in mic through speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hearing built-in mic through speakers: I always hear my built-in mic, even though all mics except for my external mic are disabled. This is very annoying as I can hear the white noise from it and if I, for example, tap my finger on it I can hear the sound from it. I can hear it as soon as the computer is beginning...
  7. No one hears me on mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    No one hears me on mic: People are unaware that I am speaking on my mic its feels like dead man. External mic works so fine I don't know what's the issue with internal one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-one-hears-me-on-mic/2c69e231-b5e5-462f-b7a6-3aecf97d5374
  8. My friends can’t hear me, but I can hear them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friends can’t hear me, but I can hear them.: I was playing Dead by Daylight when this happened. After I sent a bad message, I got suspended from sending messages. Now I can hear my friends but they can’t hear me. I need help with this please....
  9. I cant hear anybody but they can hear me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant hear anybody but they can hear me: so i tried setting my default device and communications device and stuff, on discord tried using legacy audio system, all of the inputs and outputs are correct, they can hear me, but i cant hear anybody, i can still hear YouTube and stuff tho, i don't remember messing around...
  10. Use Earphones with Mic to record and hear at same time?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use Earphones with Mic to record and hear at same time?: Hi Everybody! Can anyone help me? I connected my YU Earphones to a friends computer, and I was surprised that I could hear everything from the earphones and Also record from it at the same time!! Whenever I talked into the mic that the earphones have, I could hear my voice...