Windows 10: Realtek built in microphone not working Device...

Discus and support Realtek built in microphone not working Device... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have a H.P. Pavilion Laptop 575RH8LC Windows 10 Home 1909 Build 18363.720 Updated 11 April 2020 The speakers are working fine. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bargeman in The Old Lock, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Realtek built in microphone not working Device...

Hi

I have a H.P. Pavilion Laptop 575RH8LC

Windows 10 Home 1909 Build 18363.720 Updated 11 April 2020

The speakers are working fine.

The microphone is not working. Named Realtek High Definition Audio.

The Realtek driver is listed as 6.0.1.8186

I use the "Test" Facility - nothing.

I go to Properties - Events, I get

Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0295&SUBSYS_103C8215&REV_1000\4&20c67dd5&0&0001 requires further installation.

Can someone talk me in simple words what I can do to get the Mic to work please.

Thanks in anticipation

:)

Bargeman in The Old Lock, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Luke06426 Win User
    SurfaceBook built in microphone

All

SB had issue (twice now) where the Realtek built-in microphone didn't work when I was skyped. Rather than shutting down and rebooting the whole SB, I tried in Sound/Properties to disable the device so I could then enable the device.

But when I disabled, the microphone disappeared completely. Tried reinstalling drivers, uninstalled Realtek drivers, and reinstalled. Bluetooth headset works. Plugged in (3.5 mm) headset works - but not the built in microphone as it doesn't even appear
    in the list.

Called MS tech support, but all they know how to do is read off a script. There last suggestion was to re-install the machine. Sounds like a sledgehammer for a fly solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Luke06426, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Realtek built in microphone not working Device...

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Realtek built in microphone not working Device...

1. Realtek built in microphone not working Device... - Similar Threads - Realtek built microphone

2. Built in Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Microphone not working: My built in Microphone stopped working. I noticed it after an update when trying to record something. It said no audio input was connected. I know my computer has a microphone. I've used zoom, discord, and recorded other audio stuff without a headset or separate item. I've...
  3. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working: Out of nowhere, I just noticed the built-in microphone suddenly stopped working. In control panel, I didn't find any issues. Mic is active and turned on.How to fix it? I'm on Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkbook....
  4. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working: Out of nowhere, I just noticed the built-in microphone suddenly stopped working. In control panel, I didn't find any issues. Mic is active and turned on.How to fix it? I'm on Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkbook....
  5. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Built-in microphone not working

Built-in microphone not working: Hello,I have an HP AIO PC running on Windows 11.My built-in microphone is not working. I checked 'Device manager' and it seems the microphone driver has spontaneously disappeared. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance....
  7. realtek built in microphone not working

realtek built in microphone not working: hi i got hp all in 1 in 2019 i got lots of white noise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-built-in-microphone-not-working/5693d622-aaa0-42cf-9b45-e4a8bd99ce9b
  8. Built-In Microphone Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built-In Microphone Not Working: Hello. I am having some issues with my built in mic after a recent Windows update. The mic is picking up my taps and claps when I see it in Settings but it does not record nor pick up my voice, verified via Voice Recorder and Zoom. Below is a summary of everything that has...
  9. Realtek Built In Microphone Not Working

Realtek Built In Microphone Not Working: So, the problem is occurring on an Asus computer, Windows 10. The microphone was recording fine, and suddenly it stopped. Running the test in sound picks up level 0 - 3 at all times. When I try to listen to it through playback, I get a piercing screeching noise, and...
  10. Built in Microphone not working

Built in Microphone not working: Hello, I've been having a problem with my laptop MSI GF63 Built it microphone that it's not picking any sound. It was working the day i bought the laptop few weeks ago and for some reasons it stopped working all of the sudden. I tried to check the privacy setting and it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek microphone not working

2. windows 10 realtek microphone not working

3. zoom microphone using realtek not working

4. microphone not working windows 10 realtek,
  5. asus Q406D laptop microphone doesnt work,
  6. built in microphone not working on laptop in 2020,
  7. troubleshooting app realtek high definition microphone defaul os build,
  8. realtek microphone in laptop not working,
  9. realtek microphone windows 10 not working,
  10. realtek microphone not working windows 10,
  11. why is my realtek mic not working,