Windows 10: Realtek disappeared from device manager and now I have no sound

Discus and support Realtek disappeared from device manager and now I have no sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So recently my computer froze and I had to manually restart it by turning the power off and on again. When it turned back on I discovered that it had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheLimeKiwi, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Realtek disappeared from device manager and now I have no sound

So recently my computer froze and I had to manually restart it by turning the power off and on again. When it turned back on I discovered that it had no sound and Realtek wasn't showing up in my sound menu on the taskbar. I checked in the device manager and Realtek HD audio was no longer there. I have tried manually re-installing the drivers, to which I restarted my pc after and still no change. I have updated to the latest version of windows and still nothing. I've looked everywhere online and haven't found much help.

submitted by /u/TheLimeKiwi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheLimeKiwi, Sep 26, 2020

2. No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager

My sound is now back to normal:

Realtek disappeared from device manager and now I have no sound [​IMG]

Here's a brief summary of all my actions:

• None.

I wasn't offered any Windows updates, but I notice an unsolicited update for yesterday so maybe that fixed everything:

Realtek disappeared from device manager and now I have no sound [​IMG]

Thanks to all volunteers for their assistance and advice.

OldGrantonian, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Device Manager > Sound > Recording "flickering"

Hi,

When you said you disabled it, did you actually disable the device by going to
    Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound
    > Recording, then right-clicking on the device and clicking on
    Disable? Also, have you tried to plug in another recording device to check if it will exhibit the same problem?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problems, and attempt to fix the issues automatically.

• Right-click on the Start button, and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Aileen Alf, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Realtek disappeared from device manager and now I have no sound

Realtek Audio Manager No Longer Available in Device Manager

Funny thing happened after this past Wednesday's Windows 10 update. The Realtek Audio Manager which I've been using for years is no longer listed or available in Device Manager. Anywhere. Realtek HD audio is enabled in startup.

When I select 5.1 sound in the "Configure Speakers" tab in the Sound/Playback window I have no sound other than for the Front Left/Right speakers. The Center, Subwoofer and two rear speakers show the little animation that you get when you test the speakers
    but nothing is heard.

I've used the MSI utility to re-install the Realtek HD Audio Drivers for my motherboard. No change.

Anyone have any ideas?

WilliamMangus, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Realtek disappeared from device manager and now I have no sound

1. Realtek disappeared from device manager and now I have no sound - Similar Threads - Realtek disappeared device

2. Sound devices and Battery disappeared from Device Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound devices and Battery disappeared from Device Management: I have a Mecer A105 LTE. A few days ago after the windows update, my battery icon disappeared. As well as my sound drivers internal speaker completely disappeared. No sound can be played from the device My sound drivers does not even show up under device manager even with...
  3. Sound devices and Battery disappeared from Device Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound devices and Battery disappeared from Device Management: I have a Mecer A105 LTE. A few days ago after the windows update, my battery icon disappeared. As well as my sound drivers internal speaker completely disappeared. No sound can be played from the device My sound drivers does not even show up under device manager even with...
  4. Sound devices and Battery disappeared from Device Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I deleted Realtek R Audio and now i have no sound devices and cant hear any sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted Realtek R Audio and now i have no sound devices and cant hear any sounds.: Not much details,my volume kept changing on its own i deleted the driver and restarted my Laptop and now i cant hear any sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-realtek-r-audio-and-now-i-have-no-sound/dfb054e6-7e0c-4d33-bde0-51451dd70484
  6. I deleted Realtek R Audio and now i have no sound devices and cant hear any sounds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted Realtek R Audio and now i have no sound devices and cant hear any sounds.: Not much details,my volume kept changing on its own i deleted the driver and restarted my Laptop and now i cant hear any sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-realtek-r-audio-and-now-i-have-no-sound/dfb054e6-7e0c-4d33-bde0-51451dd70484
  7. No sound or realtek option in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound or realtek option in device manager: Hello, yesterday everything was working fine with my pc. Today, I have no sound coming from my headset. I really don't know what went wrong, but now realtek is no longer to be found in audio options or device manager, and I my headset doesnt seem to be registered when I plug...
  8. Realtek and sound i can not get realtek installed to my sound in device manager I have blue...

Realtek and sound i can not get realtek installed to my sound in device manager I have blue...: Realtek and sound i can not get realtek installed to my sound in device manager I have blue tooth and wireless but if i delet it i loose my sound. Sound does not work anyway....
  9. No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager

No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager: I have Asus ROG Trix with Win 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1803. Yesterday at shutdown, I had sound from various sources - for example, YouTube. Today I have no sound from any source. When I looked in Device Manager, the entry for Realtek has disappeared. That entry was present...
  10. No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager: I have Asus ROG Trix with Win 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1803. Yesterday at shutdown, I had sound from various sources - for example, YouTube. Today I have no sound from any source. When I looked in Device Manager, the entry for Realtek has disappeared. That entry was present...