Windows 10: Realtek doesn't recognize external microphone.

Discus and support Realtek doesn't recognize external microphone. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. Recently I purchased a Logitech h151 headset which has only one single jack, as my ASUS laptop has only one jack used for a headset. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cosmo, Dec 19, 2015.

1. cosmo Win User

Realtek doesn't recognize external microphone.

Hi all. Recently I purchased a Logitech h151 headset which has only one single jack, as my ASUS laptop has only one jack used for a headset. However, upon connecting the headset, although the sound plays through it perfectly and without issue, the microphone doesn't seem to work.

I've tried multiple solutions - I went to the Realtek Audio Manager to try and find advanced options, as I read that a possible fix to this is to go there and select an option to separate all input jacks. However, I cannot seem to find advanced options anywhere. I have also entered the Sound section in the control panel, and under the microphone section my external microphone was not detected, even after showing all disabled devices.

As for the Realtek Audio Manager issue, I read of several solutions to make advanced options pop up - from updating the driver to completely uninstalling it and such. As you can probably understand, I would rather not result to such things as messing with the drivers, as I am not a tech-savvy person and will not be able to claw out of a technical hole should I get into one.

Does anyone have any other solutions to fixing this? If not, is updating/uninstalling the drivers really the solution? An early and useful response would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the internal mic is being used and can be detected (of course).

:)

cosmo, Dec 19, 2015

2. Realtek Not Recognizing a Microphone

My windows 10 laptop s not recognizing my desktop microphone. Realtek doesn't even come up with a microphone check box when i plug it in, only headset, headphones, and output speakers.

Jakab Loomis, Dec 19, 2015
  3. hels Win User
    How do I use sound recorder in Window 10? Thanks

That doesn't help for me. I tried audio troubleshooting, and it asks me "Which of these devices do you want to troubleshoot"? The default was "Microphone-USB PnP Sound Device", when the Microphone being used is the 2nd option, "Microphone-Realtek High Definition
    Audio".

I have no trouble at all using this microphone with Skype or Cortana. It's only the Voice Recorder that refuses to recognize the only microphone I have.

Setting the default to the USB PnP Sound Device means no recording at all.

How do I change the default on Microsoft Voice Recorder to use the Microphone-Realtek High Definition Audio instead of the PnP that doesn't seem to exist?

Wanted to add that I tried disabling the PnP Sound Device in the Sound > Recording setting. It still pulls up in Voice Recorder as an error ("To get started, connect a microphone.")

4. Wullail Win User

Just to make sure...have you plugged in the headset into another device to make sure the microphone actually works , a phone might be a good test.

And when you right click the audio icon in the tray at the bottom right of the taskbar and choose 'recording devices' your headphone doesn't appear as an option?.

Wullail, Dec 19, 2015
  5. cosmo Win User
    Yes, I've tried it on my iphone an it works fine. When i click the audio tray it doesn't pop up as an option. Like I said I've tried to show all disabled devices as well.

cosmo, Dec 19, 2015
  6. MSMPlayz Win User
    You might not have a specific driver installed, where as on a iDevice, Drivers are not required.

MSMPlayz, Dec 19, 2015
  7. cosmo Win User
    Any idea as to what driver I should be installing?

cosmo, Dec 19, 2015
  8. Wullail Win User

Depends what sound controller your laptop uses..

Wullail, Dec 20, 2015
  9. Connie Win User
    The same thing is happening to me, have you found the solution for your concern? I purchased the logitech h151 headset for its noise cancelling microphone, but my laptop doesn't read the microphone and whenever i receive a call, its the laptops internal mic that pics up the sounds and it sucks.

Connie, Apr 10, 2016
  10. kadra Win User
    I had the same problem. My Logitech h151 didn't work with my ASUS notebook. I went through everything you did though I did uninstall the Realtek drivers out of sheer frustration and sleep-deprivation. But they did reinstall after I restarted my computer (though I still wouldn't recommend doing it).

I brought the headset back to the shop along with my notebook, hoping that they could fix the problem. So long story short, the technician told me that my notebook was the problem since the headset worked with a different computer. He suggested to get a headset that has a USB plug instead of a jack but unfortunately, the item wasn't available.

The solution was that I bought a USB sound card and exchanged my h151 for the h150 and it actually worked! I can hear the audio through the headset and the mic picks up my voice recordings when I tested it on Skype and the stock voice recording app.

Hope this helps.

kadra, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Realtek doesn't recognize external microphone. - Similar Threads - Realtek doesn't recognize

2. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...
  3. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...
  4. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek microphone doesn't work: I don't understand why my microphone doesn't work. I can't find any way to fix it. * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-microphone-doesnt-work/39956027-880e-49d5-b4c4-3fb43a3926bf
  6. Realtek microphone doesn't work

Realtek microphone doesn't work: I don't understand why my microphone doesn't work. I can't find any way to fix it. * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-microphone-doesnt-work/39956027-880e-49d5-b4c4-3fb43a3926bf
  7. Headphones have built it microphone, Realtek doesn't recognize it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones have built it microphone, Realtek doesn't recognize it.: Just got a new PC, it has Realtek audio. I have my headphones plugged in but I only have the option to make them headphones, not both microphone and headphones, I'll leave some screenshots down below. Thanks....
  8. Headphones have built it microphone, Realtek doesn't recognize it.

Headphones have built it microphone, Realtek doesn't recognize it.: Just got a new PC, it has Realtek audio. I have my headphones plugged in but I only have the option to make them headphones, not both microphone and headphones, I'll leave some screenshots down below. Thanks....
  9. My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?

My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?: Hello everybody! I've really tried everything. But only the internal micro(input) is accepted and not the external. With the speakers everything is okay! What can I do? Reinstalling the driver does not help! Mein externes Mikro von Kopfhörer wird nicht erkannt?
  10. external microphone doesn't work

external microphone doesn't work: Hey everyone, I recently bought this external microphone:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek recognize external microphone

2. realtek not recognizing microphone

3. realtek high definition audio is not detecting external microphone

4. realtek doesnt detect mic,
  5. realtek recognises headphones but doesnt play sound use the microphone,
  6. asus realtek not detecting mic,
  7. realtek audio driver does not recognize mic input,
  8. driver win 10 logithech h151,
  9. when i seperate my audio jacks my mic doesnt work ,
  10. reset my realtek driver to detect microphone,
  11. realtek hd audio manager doesnt detect external microphone,