Windows 10: Realtek doesn't show up in device manager after I installed it

Discus and support Realtek doesn't show up in device manager after I installed it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've installed Realtek multiple times from both the official website of my motherboard manufacturer and the Microsoft catalog. Both times when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TotallyNotHerro, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Realtek doesn't show up in device manager after I installed it

I've installed Realtek multiple times from both the official website of my motherboard manufacturer and the Microsoft catalog. Both times when installing and then reinstalling Realtek, the driver doesn't show up in my Device Manager. Additionally, when checking the Realtek folder in Program Files (x86) there is no HDA folder. Does anyone know a solution to this issue?

:)

TotallyNotHerro, Jul 8, 2019

2. Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

OK, so this happened to me on my laptop. It wanted to use the realtek drivers no matter what. Let me show you what to do.
    Step 1. Open the start menu and type 'Device Manager' in the search bar. Click on the result.

Step 2.
    Realtek doesn't show up in device manager after I installed it [​IMG]
    You'll see this window appear.

Step 3.
    Expand the 'Sound , video and game controllers' category.

Step 4. Find 'Realtek High Definition Audio' in the list, then right click it and select Properties.

Step 5.
    Click on the 'Driver' tab near the top of the window.

Step 6.
    Now click on the button that says 'Roll back driver'.
    If the button is dimmed, make sure your Realtek drivers are currently installed.

Step 6. If you did it correctly, the system should ask you to restart to finish. If it does then you finished the tutorial correctly!
    Once restarted, Open device manager again using step 1. Expand the 'sound, video and game controllers' category again.

Step 7. If it says 'High Definition Audio Device' then you did it right. Here's a pic for example purposes:

ThatsNiceGuy, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jul 8, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

Realtek doesn't show up in device manager after I installed it

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Realtek doesn't show up in device manager after I installed it

1. Realtek doesn't show up in device manager after I installed it - Similar Threads - Realtek doesn't show

2. Realtek doesn't show up in device manager, no audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek doesn't show up in device manager, no audio: This has been a consistent problem for months now. The past six months these drivers have uninstalled themselves four times, and each time fixes that work in the past don't work now.I have an MSI GS63 Stealth, and Realtek has completely disappeared from device manager.Upon...
  3. Realtek doesn't show up in device manager, no audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek doesn't show up in device manager, no audio: This has been a consistent problem for months now. The past six months these drivers have uninstalled themselves four times, and each time fixes that work in the past don't work now.I have an MSI GS63 Stealth, and Realtek has completely disappeared from device manager.Upon...
  4. Realtek not showing up in device manager nor control panel after installation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek not showing up in device manager nor control panel after installation.: I brought a wired headset recently and went to test it out, plugged it in and it did not work. I used it with other computers and it worked, so I thought it must of been my audio driver. I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it. It did not work considering I had no new audio...
  5. Realtek not showing up in device manager nor control panel after installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek not showing up in device manager nor control panel after installation.: I brought a wired headset recently and went to test it out, plugged it in and it did not work. I used it with other computers and it worked, so I thought it must of been my audio driver. I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it. It did not work considering I had no new audio...
  6. Realtek not showing up in device manager nor control panel after installation.

7. Realtek Drivers are not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Drivers are not showing up in device manager: Realtek drivers are not showing up, speakers are unable to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-drivers-are-not-showing-up-in-device/02b0e7cb-6cde-4694-bfc5-9e1b2667c26a
  8. Realtek Drivers are not showing up in device manager

Realtek Drivers are not showing up in device manager: Realtek drivers are not showing up, speakers are unable to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-drivers-are-not-showing-up-in-device/02b0e7cb-6cde-4694-bfc5-9e1b2667c26a
  9. Realtek not showing up in device manager

Realtek not showing up in device manager: This morning I noticed that my headphones weren't working so I went to device manager and saw that High Defenition Audio Controller had an error sign next to it. I decided to uninstall Realtek audio manager and reinstall it, but once I reinstalled it, I haven't seen it...
  10. Realtek Drivers are not showing up in device manager

Realtek Drivers are not showing up in device manager: Hello, I have a tried both USB speakers, rear port, and front headset port on my desktop tower and still have a red 'x' on my system tray sound icon. The error says no speaker or headphones are plugged in. I've reinstalled the Realtek audio driver both from ASUS website and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek sound driver installed but does not show in devices

2. pc crashes when trying to install realtek legacy from device manager

3. realtek program doesnt show up

4. realtek doesnt appear in device manager windows 10