Windows 10: Realtek driver confusion

Discus and support Realtek driver confusion in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a clean install i am in the process of installing drivers on my system but i am a bit confused by Realtek audio drivers My motherboard (Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Damun, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Damun Win User

Realtek driver confusion

After a clean install i am in the process of installing drivers on my system but i am a bit confused by Realtek audio drivers

My motherboard (Asus B360M-K Prime) has Realtek HD Audio onboard.
    When i received my MC (pre-built and preinstalled with Win 10) it had an loudspeaker icon in the taskbar. From this icon I could acces Realtek HD Audio Manager or configuration panel). In device manager the sound device was listed as "Realtek High Definition Audio".

After the clean install i downloaded the latest drivers for my motherboard but the autio driver only installs a basic driver (listed in device manager as Realtek Audio, i.e. not High Definition) and i no longer have the icon in taskbar.

I did some searching on the internet and i really got confused: there are Realtek HDA and UAD drivers. What is the difference?
    Is it possible to download Asus Realtek drivers that are High Definition and contain the Realtek control-panel?

:)

Damun, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Damun Win User

Realtek driver confusion

After a clean install i am in the process of installing drivers on my system but i am a bit confused by Realtek audio drivers

My motherboard (Asus B360M-K Prime) has Realtek HD Audio onboard.
    When i received my MC (pre-built and preinstalled with Win 10) it had an loudspeaker icon in the taskbar. From this icon I could acces Realtek HD Audio Manager or configuration panel). In device manager the sound device was listed as "Realtek High Definition Audio".

After the clean install i downloaded the latest drivers for my motherboard but the autio driver only installs a basic driver (listed in device manager as Realtek Audio, i.e. not High Definition) and i no longer have the icon in taskbar.

I did some searching on the internet and i really got confused: there are Realtek HDA and UAD drivers. What is the difference?
    Is it possible to download Asus Realtek drivers that are High Definition and contain the Realtek control-panel?

Damun, Apr 23, 2020
  3. amaan07 Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Please provide step by step installation of Realtek APO driver and Realtek official driver..

amaan07, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Realtek driver confusion

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

PureSoftApps: APO Driver [2.6.9]

alanfox2000, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Realtek driver confusion

1. Realtek driver confusion - Similar Threads - Realtek driver confusion

2. Realtek or Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek or Drivers: So this issued happened out of nowhere a month ago. Whenever I turn on my pc the next day I am met in my headset a horrible screeching or buzzing/warbling noises from my headset. Volume slider doesn't work so I know it is my Realtek Driver. What happens is I use the...
  3. Realtek Drivers

Realtek Drivers: My Realtek audio driver uninstalled itself yesterday when I hadn't Internet for like 30 minutes. I downloaded it from their site but after restarting computer they aren't there. I checked if I see them in Device Manager but all I have is "NVIDIA High Definition Audio". When i...
  4. AMD Driver update confusion

AMD Driver update confusion: I have a laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfxseen from system properties so can I install Auto-Detect and Install Updates for Radeon™ Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipset Drivers for Windows®. Do it update AMD Radeon settings lite software also? Is that safe?...
  5. Realtek drivers confusing problem

Realtek drivers confusing problem: So few days ago i got new headset but microphone wasnt working, so i decided to download latest realtech driver to my lenovo laptop from the official Realtek website. But after installing it the overall sound got much worse, and the realtech audio manager dissapeared, also...
  6. Realtek Drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Realtek Drivers: Having problems downloading Realtek drivers .Is there an easy solution. Regards Neil https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-drivers/748666d7-c40f-4782-a239-5543f33fbb23
  7. Hosted network status : Not available; Realtek 8723BE drivers version confusion.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hosted network status : Not available; Realtek 8723BE drivers version confusion.: Hi, Sorry for complicated title but both problems are related to the same thing : I want to share my W10 laptop's VPN connection with my TV. My platform is Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, on an HP Probook 455 G3. Network WiFi card is Realtek 8723 BE 802.11 bgn. First of...
  8. Realtek driver

Realtek driver: After downloading a few Realtek drivers, I found out that version 8648, 8652 and 8656 and a few others has a folder name (WOV) inside but most of the version did not have this particular file. Anyone know what this file for, is this file necessary ? 139637
  9. Audio driver confusion.

Audio driver confusion.: I have used Cool Edit Pro on Windows 10 before, and on 7 and XP before that. It needs Stereo Mix to be installed. It is installed on this PC, but Cool Edit doesn't see it for some reason. Looking through Device Manager I see information which confuses me. Audio inputs and...
  10. Latest Realtek Driver versions confusing

Latest Realtek Driver versions confusing: My present Realtek audio driver is 6.0.1 8251....when go to Latest Realtek Driver link it shows 6.0.1 8254 version ...but when i go microsoft update download link....the various download options show 6.0.1 8248 ...very confusing. Device manager shows i have the latest...