Windows 10: Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work

Discus and support Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I realized a few weeks back my headphones stopped working. Realtek HD audio manager does not display a headphone device. They originally worked. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by duff49, Apr 14, 2020.

1. duff49 Win User

Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work

I realized a few weeks back my headphones stopped working. Realtek HD audio manager does not display a headphone device. They originally worked. After digging around all this time, I think the headphones originally worked because the Win 10 driver was originally in use, and I later installed HD audio manager. I determined this by deleting the device and rebooting. It then works again. After reinstalling the Realtek driver the problem came back . Strange thing is I always get a Realtek notification when I plug in and unplug the headset. But sound stays on the speakers. All the drivers I installed indicated that they support my old HP 6300 ALC221 codec. AM I missing something ?

Thanks
    Duff

:)

duff49, Apr 14, 2020

2. Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 14, 2020
  3. fuzzybabybunny, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work

Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

OK, so this happened to me on my laptop. It wanted to use the realtek drivers no matter what. Let me show you what to do.
    Step 1. Open the start menu and type 'Device Manager' in the search bar. Click on the result.

Step 2.
    Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work [​IMG]
    You'll see this window appear.

Step 3.
    Expand the 'Sound , video and game controllers' category.

Step 4. Find 'Realtek High Definition Audio' in the list, then right click it and select Properties.

Step 5.
    Click on the 'Driver' tab near the top of the window.

Step 6.
    Now click on the button that says 'Roll back driver'.
    If the button is dimmed, make sure your Realtek drivers are currently installed.

Step 6. If you did it correctly, the system should ask you to restart to finish. If it does then you finished the tutorial correctly!
    Once restarted, Open device manager again using step 1. Expand the 'sound, video and game controllers' category again.

Step 7. If it says 'High Definition Audio Device' then you did it right. Here's a pic for example purposes:

ThatsNiceGuy, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work

1. Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work - Similar Threads - Realtek Driver Headphones

2. 3.5mm audio jacks don't work/realtek drivers gone, default drivers don't do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3.5mm audio jacks don't work/realtek drivers gone, default drivers don't do...: The recent windows update obliterated my audio drivers for no apparent reason and now windows refuses to acknowledge the existence of the 3.5mm audio jacks of which I have 2, in front and in back. It is also shoving audio into my monitor through the hdmi for some reason, my...
  3. 3.5mm audio jacks don't work/realtek drivers gone, default drivers don't do...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3.5mm audio jacks don't work/realtek drivers gone, default drivers don't do...: The recent windows update obliterated my audio drivers for no apparent reason and now windows refuses to acknowledge the existence of the 3.5mm audio jacks of which I have 2, in front and in back. It is also shoving audio into my monitor through the hdmi for some reason, my...
  4. Realtek drivers headphones detection problem.

Realtek drivers headphones detection problem.: From past some days my headphone are acting strange. when i disconnect and reconnect them they dont get recoginzed. but if reboot the system they work fine until disconnet them and in task bar and sound panel there is no headphone device only realtek speaker is visible. as...
  5. Realtek headphones not working?

Realtek headphones not working?: So I installed the latest Realtek audio drivers, the big 250 ish KB, the headphones will not showup, I have tried to uninstall it, just does the same thing, any solutions?...
  6. Realtek Driver Not Migrated, Headphones Not Registering

Realtek Driver Not Migrated, Headphones Not Registering: Hi guys, I hope you can help me out! I've been having this issue since the Windows 10 2004 update where my headphones only play audio if plugged in when my computer starts up. If I pull my headphones out and re-insert them, the sound plays through my speaker instead of my...
  7. Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work

Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work: I realized a few weeks back my headphones stopped working. Realtek HD audio manager does not display a headphone device. They originally worked. After digging around all this time, I think the headphones originally worked because the Win 10 driver was originally in use, and I...
  8. No audio in headphones, Realtek Drivers are gone

No audio in headphones, Realtek Drivers are gone: The other day I started up my computer and I had no audio through my headphones, so I restarted it and still had no audio. Realtek audio manager sometimes forgets to open up so I checked for that and couldn't get it turned on. After restarting a few times I checked out my...
  9. Realtek Audio Driver Not working with my headphones.

Realtek Audio Driver Not working with my headphones.: So my laptop is the Acer nitro 5 and it came with Realtek audio on it. Currently right now I am unable to get my headphone drivers working on my computer. I went to the Acer website and went to my specific make and model and redownloaded the drivers and it is still not...
  10. HeadPhones don't work

HeadPhones don't work: So last time I Disabled the head phones in the Sound>Playback device list and after that I couldn't see them on this list anymore (Even when checking Show Disabled Devices) I already tried Updating the Driver in Device Manager>Sound,Video and Game...