Windows 10: Realtek driver keeps reinstalling itself

Discus and support Realtek driver keeps reinstalling itself in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 13 9300 and the Realtek driver for my device is faulty since its not recognizing my headphones when i unplug them after booting. So i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EarlDukePROD, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Realtek driver keeps reinstalling itself

I have a Dell XPS 13 9300 and the Realtek driver for my device is faulty since its not recognizing my headphones when i unplug them after booting. So i removed the realtek driver and used the generic MS driver. Then, after I reboot, the Realtek Driver appears again. So I tried to remove all traces of it, yet still, it reappeared. Then, I saw a post on a Microsoft forum (i think, not sure anymore) suggesting the hide driver updates tool by microsoft. It should prevent the realtek driver from reinstalling itself. I did that, yet still after reboot, even in the midst of regularly using the pc it kept coming back (this happenend once). Any suggestions?

I am getting pretty annoyed by this since this is a simple software issue that could be resolved easily by realtek, i wouldnt have even tried uninstalling it if it worked properly.

submitted by /u/EarlDukePROD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EarlDukePROD, Dec 27, 2020
  2. OnePlus Win User

Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling?

Thanks for the suggestion, it's good to know i'm not the only one who has experience issues with uninstalling drivers in Windows 10. Unfortunately this didn't seem to work, i even uninstalled Realtek from Device Manager but it doesn't show up in the list.

OnePlus, Dec 27, 2020
  3. OnePlus Win User
    Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling?

Thanks for the response. Yeah i knew about this tool already but when i tired using it with the Realtek driver already installed, then it doesn't appear in the list. If i uninstall the Realtek driver from my system then it forces me to do a reboot for the changes to register, and when the system reboots it instantly reinstalls the driver, so there's not enough opportunity available to add it onto the hidden list. *Sad

OnePlus, Dec 27, 2020
  4. amaan07 Win User

Realtek driver keeps reinstalling itself

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Please provide step by step installation of Realtek APO driver and Realtek official driver..

amaan07, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Realtek driver keeps reinstalling itself

1. Realtek driver keeps reinstalling itself - Similar Threads - Realtek driver keeps

2. roblox keeps reinstalls itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roblox keeps reinstalls itself: but roblox reinstalls itself everytime i join on a diff account between different one before joining a game, roblox will reinstall. It'll say "Installing Roblox" with a bar, even thought i already have the game installed, obviously because I was just in a game on a different...
  3. roblox keeps reinstalls itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roblox keeps reinstalls itself: but roblox reinstalls itself everytime i join on a diff account between different one before joining a game, roblox will reinstall. It'll say "Installing Roblox" with a bar, even thought i already have the game installed, obviously because I was just in a game on a different...
  4. roblox keeps reinstalls itself

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Faulty bluetooth driver keeps reinstalling itself!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulty bluetooth driver keeps reinstalling itself!: Hello all,I have a busy communal work office, so to combat the constant distractions I thought it a good idea to get some bluetooth headphones. Since my work pc doesn't have a bluetooth card, I had to buy a USB receiver. I also took this opportunity to upgrade my peripherals...
  6. Faulty bluetooth driver keeps reinstalling itself!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Faulty bluetooth driver keeps reinstalling itself!: Hello all,I have a busy communal work office, so to combat the constant distractions I thought it a good idea to get some bluetooth headphones. Since my work pc doesn't have a bluetooth card, I had to buy a USB receiver. I also took this opportunity to upgrade my peripherals...
  7. Faulty bluetooth driver keeps reinstalling itself!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Realtek driver keeps uninstalling and reinstalling another realtek driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek driver keeps uninstalling and reinstalling another realtek driver: Hello, I am trying to install the realtek driver r2.82 for the enhancements tab (particularly for the noise cancellation feature on the microphone) I've downloaded the driver and installed/restarted several times, but the old driver keeps being reinstalled. I tried going...
  9. Realtek drivers keep reinstalling, even when I'm offline

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek drivers keep reinstalling, even when I'm offline: I'm trying to figure out why this last Windows update introduced latency when playing Rocksmith 2014 through my Sony HT-CT390 sound bar via an analog connection. All other settings between the game and the sound bar remained the same, so I decided to focus on the mess that is...
  10. Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling?: Hi guys, I'm having an incredibly frustrating problem with my Windows 10 laptop. The laptop in question is a Clevo P650SE with the i7-4720HQ and GTX 970M. I reinstalled Windows last week and now i can't get rid of this damn Realtek driver. Whenever i uninstall the Realtek...