Windows 10: Realtek driver - microphone gain doesn't work, microsoft driver - internal speakers do not...

Discus and support Realtek driver - microphone gain doesn't work, microsoft driver - internal speakers do not... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; With default realtek drivers that are automatically downloaded by windows, or realtek drivers from OEM site, my speakers work fine, however microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NKSHV, Apr 15, 2021.

1. NKSHV Win User

Realtek driver - microphone gain doesn't work, microsoft driver - internal speakers do not...

With default realtek drivers that are automatically downloaded by windows, or realtek drivers from OEM site, my speakers work fine, however microphone volume doesn't work. It is always set to 1% and 0db gain, and using the volume sliders in microphone volume properties does nothing. I can use gain filter in OBS to confirm that. However, there is no gain for most applications, like Zoom, so essentially my microphone doesn't work as 1% volume is not enough to hear anything.

When I roll back the sound driver to microsoft one, my microphone starts to work great and volume sliders have effect on the volume, so people can actually hear me in Zoom calls. However, on microsoft driver my speakers don't produce any sound. My headphones do, but speakers - don't.

Obviously I can't switch between realtek and microsoft drivers every time I need to use microphone or speakers. Is there any solution? I already tried reinstalling the drivers multiple times, using device manager and DDU in safe mode, no luck.

Both speakers and the microphone used to work on both microsoft and realtek drivers before, I used both of them because I had a different issue with realtek, but after some windows update it stopped working.

:)

NKSHV, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Microphone not working

The microphone on my laptop stopped working. I have done a lot of trouble shooting without success. Before I conclude that it is a hardware problem, can I ask if there is anything else I should do.

My System:
    • ASUS S500CA laptop
    • Windows 10 Home X64 version 1909
    • VIA HD Audio - (for speakers and microphone)

Here's what happened:
    • The microphone was working perfectly (on Skype).
    • The next day it didn't work on a Skype call

Here's is a brief summary of what I have done:
    • The only thing that changed between these two Skype calls were a couple of Windows updates
    • I tried to remove all the recent Windows updates - didn't fix it
    • One update (4577670) couldn't be uninstalled so I restored the system to a date prior to the successful SKYPE - didn't work
    • I ran the Win trouble shooter - it reported no problem
    • I tried to update the sound/microphone driver - reported that I had the best driver
    • Checked the driver version (Provider - Microsoft, Date - 2019-03-18, Version, 10.0.18362.1)
    • Checked driver details (Report- No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device)
    • Updated to the latest Win 10 version (20H2) - didn't help
    • The speakers are working correctly.
    • I tried all of the above with the internal microphone as well as an external microphone (I tested all microphone alternatives in the setup - headset, external other)
    Is there anything else that I should try before giving up?

dsscottage, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Realtek driver - microphone gain doesn't work, microsoft driver - internal speakers do not...

Microphone Driver is not functioning well

Hello Jericho,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check the status of this issue.

Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software. This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed. You may be
      prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.
    • Select the Recording tab.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.
    • Select the Levels tab.
    Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
    Apply.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Arul_D, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Realtek driver - microphone gain doesn't work, microsoft driver - internal speakers do not... - Similar Threads - Realtek driver microphone

2. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...
  3. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...
  4. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek microphone driver not detecting microphone

Realtek microphone driver not detecting microphone: I recently reinstalled my realtek audio drivers and its able to recognizes my microphone in its dedicated jack but it doesn't catch any audio. It's not my microphone's fault since I tested it on another device and it worked just fine...
  6. Realtek Driver Clicking Speaker

Realtek Driver Clicking Speaker: Hi,My speakers plugged into 3.5mm are making a clicking noise, as consistent as a second hand of a clock. I checked my hardware, used different speakers, tried different outlets, moved the speakers away from PC no fix.I checked my recent updates, and the day before this...
  7. Microphone doesn't work anymore - Realtek - Driver issue

Microphone doesn't work anymore - Realtek - Driver issue: Hey, and thanks in advance. So the problem is that my microphone doesnt work anymore. It seemed that it stopped working randomly. Don't know if there was relevant windows update. The microphone in question is inbuilt 3.5 mm cable from Sennheiser HD 598 CS connected to my...
  8. Realtek Microphone Driver

Realtek Microphone Driver: I recently built a new computer for the primary use of gaming. The machine runs beautifully except for the fact that my mic audio is really quiet. I've cranked all of my mic settings to the max setting and my friends are still saying I'm quiet. I know this is not an issue...
  9. Realtek Microphone Driver.

Realtek Microphone Driver.: I have been looking for months for a microphone and had just purchased one recently and the thing has not cooperated with me one bit. I have set it to default device and still the problem persists. I suspect that it is a problem with the drive because the microphone is new...
  10. Realtek Audio Internal Speakers Not Working

Realtek Audio Internal Speakers Not Working: I have an ASUS all-in-one, running Windows 10. This is the second time I ran into this issue. After the first time, I factory reset my computer and started from scratch. The speakers worked for a while. After my computer updated, I lost sound again. Headphones and Bluetooth...