Windows 10: realtek driver popping sound when restarting or waking or sleeping

Discus and support realtek driver popping sound when restarting or waking or sleeping in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have realtek audio on my gigabyte z270n-wifi motherboard. Using the driver from the gigabyte website (recently released for 1903), or using ANY other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johnhoh, Jul 7, 2019.

1. johnhoh Win User

realtek driver popping sound when restarting or waking or sleeping

I have realtek audio on my gigabyte z270n-wifi motherboard. Using the driver from the gigabyte website (recently released for 1903), or using ANY other realtek driver I have been able to find of various vintages, I always get a loud popping sound from my speakers when I restart or wake up or sleep. Its just one "pop", the same sound you might hear if you turned up your living room stereo's volume then yanked out the speaker cord. This did not happen in windows 7, only windows 10, which is new to me. I'm on 1903.

If I replace the realtek driver with the "High Definition Audio Device" microsoft driver 10.0.18362.1 the problem disappears BUT I lose access to advanced features like the equalizer. Is this a problem others are having, and what should I do?

:)

johnhoh, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 7, 2019
  3. bsletu Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Its working fine with windows 8.1 64bit . Dont need enable driver enforce when you restart computer.

Step 1 : Copy file RTKVHD64.sys ( Driver mod ) to folder Vista64 in orginal driver .
    Step 2 : Enable Driver Signature Enforcement
    Step 3 : Setup Driver from step 1 , Dont Restart .
    Step 4 : Turn on DTS 5.1 format .
    Step 5 ; Disable Driver Realtek in Driver manager
    Step 6 : Copy file RTKVHD64.sys ( original Driver ) in Vista 64 (Original Driver ) to C:\system 32\Drivers
    Step 7 : Restart computer then enable driver realtek in Driver manager .
    DTS 5.1 disappear in format sounds but it still working . You dont need change format sound.

realtek driver popping sound when restarting or waking or sleeping Untitled_zpsedb93c8a.png

bsletu, Jul 7, 2019
  4. JoeBoyka Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everything is working *Smile realtek driver popping sound when restarting or waking or sleeping :)

JoeBoyka, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

1. realtek driver popping sound when restarting or waking or sleeping - Similar Threads - realtek driver popping

2. BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep: For the last two weeks or so I've been getting BSOD/restart when I wake up my PC from sleep. I built the PC myself so here are the components: - Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition- RAM: G.Skill...
  3. BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep: For the last two weeks or so I've been getting BSOD/restart when I wake up my PC from sleep. I built the PC myself so here are the components: - Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition- RAM: G.Skill...
  4. No sound - Realtek driver hidden when restart pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound - Realtek driver hidden when restart pc: Since the June 8, 2021-KB5003254 Cumulative Update, my Realtek Audio driver always disappear . I already try all the known method to fix this issue we can see on forum : run troobleshooter, update the drivers, uninstall and reinstall the driver i try almost all version...
  5. Latest sound driver for Realtek ?

Latest sound driver for Realtek ?: Hello So i'm using an ASRock 980de3/u3s3 MOBO and i'd like to know if somone could please tell me which are the latest sound driver for this MOBO ? Currently my Realtek Manager says i'm using version 6.0.1.7560 I'm using 5.1 surround sound speakers but i'd like to know...
  6. Play sound when computer sleeps and wakes up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play sound when computer sleeps and wakes up?: Is there a way to have a sound play just before my computer goes to sleep, and again right after it wakes up? submitted by /u/chickenmatt5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gmi956/play_sound_when_computer_sleeps_and_wakes_up/
  7. Realtek Sound Drivers

Realtek Sound Drivers: Hello all, I recently built a new pc and I know that everything is compatible, etc. but my sound recently stopped working. My Realtek Sound Driver is getting a (Code 10) The request is not supported even after I've tried every solution in every forum that I can come by....
  8. No Sound on Wake from Sleep

No Sound on Wake from Sleep: I'm using an ASUS Xonar DSX sound card running the latest UNi Xonar driver. Whenever I wake my computer up from sleep, I don't get any sound from my speakers until I change the Analog Out destination in the Xonar DSX Audio Center application. My sound works perfectly...
  9. REALTEK Sound Driver

REALTEK Sound Driver: Hi guys I got WINDOWS 10 x64 , I was wondering , how is it possible to find out what the MYSTERY -DB Settings of each of the knobs are ? It tells us the BANDS but the -DB's ? Any help ? Thanks 94054
  10. Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode: When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance. 23002

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek popping sleep