Windows 10: Realtek drivers keep reinstalling, even when I'm offline

Discus and support Realtek drivers keep reinstalling, even when I'm offline in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to figure out why this last Windows update introduced latency when playing Rocksmith 2014 through my Sony HT-CT390 sound bar via an analog... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Metallica93, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Realtek drivers keep reinstalling, even when I'm offline

I'm trying to figure out why this last Windows update introduced latency when playing Rocksmith 2014 through my Sony HT-CT390 sound bar via an analog connection. All other settings between the game and the sound bar remained the same, so I decided to focus on the mess that is Realtek and its drivers.

Things I did:

1) Disabled my network adapter (to ensure I'm offline)

2) Went to Control Panel -> System and Security -> System -> Advanced system settings -> Hardware tab -> Device Installation Settings -> selected "No"

3) Uninstalled "Nahimic mirroring device" (no idea what this is) and "Realtek(R) Audio".

When I rebooted, both of those showed back up under "Sound, video, and game controllers" like I never uninstalled them.

I'm specifically looking for "Realtek(R) Audio" to be replaced with the older "Realtek HD Audio" (assuming this is my issue), but this is driving me insane. How does Windows keep reinstalling the drivers on me?

submitted by /u/Metallica93
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Metallica93, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Apr 5, 2020
  3. JoeBoyka Win User

I'm not sure about the steps thought!
    You mean, updating the realtek driver manually by selecting offline files? But I completely uninstalled realtek from my pc. Now there is only 2.
    Can you just write the steps in short?(Only to get an idea!)

JoeBoyka, Apr 5, 2020
  4. amaan07 Win User

Realtek drivers keep reinstalling, even when I'm offline

Please provide step by step installation of Realtek APO driver and Realtek official driver..

amaan07, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Realtek drivers keep reinstalling, even when I'm offline

1. Realtek drivers keep reinstalling, even when I'm offline - Similar Threads - Realtek drivers keep

2. Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver: Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio because “The installation of this device is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.”Please help....
  3. Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver: Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio because “The installation of this device is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.”Please help....
  4. failed realtek audio driver reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed realtek audio driver reinstall: hello, i have windows 11 homean hour ago, im reinstalling my audio driver by uninstalling the device and check the mark to delete the driver, and then i installed the driver from laptop manufacture acer. when i restarted i got no sound, and when i checked in device manager it...
  5. failed realtek audio driver reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failed realtek audio driver reinstall: hello, i have windows 11 homean hour ago, im reinstalling my audio driver by uninstalling the device and check the mark to delete the driver, and then i installed the driver from laptop manufacture acer. when i restarted i got no sound, and when i checked in device manager it...
  6. Windows tells me I'm offline when I'm not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows tells me I'm offline when I'm not: Windows has lately taken to displaying my internet status as offline, despite having a fine connection. It displays the no internet icon on the taskbar, but I can still browse the web and do other internet-reliant tasks fine. The issue is that Microsoft apps in particular...
  7. Realtek driver keeps reinstalling itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek driver keeps reinstalling itself: I have a Dell XPS 13 9300 and the Realtek driver for my device is faulty since its not recognizing my headphones when i unplug them after booting. So i removed the realtek driver and used the generic MS driver. Then, after I reboot, the Realtek Driver appears again. So I...
  8. Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio Drivers

Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio Drivers: Hello, I replaced my GPU a week or two ago from a AMD Radeon RX 460 to Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, and this morning I started my computer, where I received a pop-up box saying my AMD drivers were not detected. I downloaded AMD Cleanup Utility and ran it in Safe Mode and, after...
  9. Realtek driver keeps uninstalling and reinstalling another realtek driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek driver keeps uninstalling and reinstalling another realtek driver: Hello, I am trying to install the realtek driver r2.82 for the enhancements tab (particularly for the noise cancellation feature on the microphone) I've downloaded the driver and installed/restarted several times, but the old driver keeps being reinstalled. I tried going...
  10. Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling?

Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling?: Hi guys, I'm having an incredibly frustrating problem with my Windows 10 laptop. The laptop in question is a Clevo P650SE with the i7-4720HQ and GTX 970M. I reinstalled Windows last week and now i can't get rid of this damn Realtek driver. Whenever i uninstall the Realtek...