Windows 10: Realtek drivers prioritizes Front Panel as Speakers instead of creating separate device...

Discus and support Realtek drivers prioritizes Front Panel as Speakers instead of creating separate device... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] As you can see in the picture below, Back panel recognizes something is connected on the green, yet it doesn't make both into separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/luisguerreiro, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Realtek drivers prioritizes Front Panel as Speakers instead of creating separate device...

Realtek drivers prioritizes Front Panel as Speakers instead of creating separate device... B_nPvNnfM0QgBgZcgdrhtkqJ8tukxxHWsPEaGFxgTh0.jpg

As you can see in the picture below, Back panel recognizes something is connected on the green, yet it doesn't make both into separate interchangeable devices

Now if I go on and unistall the shitty realtek drivers, and let windows use their own version of it, see below.

Working perfect...Sounds great right?Then I proceed to hear some music on the headphones, just to see an unbearable hsssssssss sound whenever I put the volume above 80% (which isn't a lot in the hd558 on ALC892 codec, not nearly enough)

Answer to basic diagnosis questions some might make:

• Drivers tried: Realtek V2.82, V.2.81, V2.80 (All 3 have the same problem); Dolby Drivers (Worked for a while but is too buggy to use, it's just not made to go on and install on any device, they also ended up conflicting with Dolby Access); Microsoft Realtek Drivers (They worked, but as stated, the hissing noise is unbearable on the HD 558, speakers are ok though, I have tried changing their position in the panel, same thing, the problem is related to the drivers, because realtek ones make no hissing with the headphones.
    • Clean install with DDU: At least 20 times, not kidding, at least 20
    • Gear: Asrock b450 pro4 (ALC892); Sennheiser HD 558 at the back; Edifier R1100 at the front (It says headphones in the first picture, but the computer is actually playing on the speakers)
    • Clean windows install: I formatted my computer only a month ago, didn't have the hd558 for all the time I had this mobo, so can't really know if this problem is new (but google shows me it isn't, and no one got a solution)

I've searched a lot before making a topic about it, but there seem to be no other solution other than buying a soundcard just so that I can tell realtek drivers to fuck off, but it makes me mad having to spend money on one of those old fashioned things instead of saving for a dac later on, is this really my only option?

Now a question for those who know about the history of computing, how did such a shitty company as realtek make it to the point where only they provide onboard dacs?I've been facing issues with anything this company throws at me since windows xp

submitted by /u/luisguerreiro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/luisguerreiro, Apr 24, 2020

2. Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [2]

I just built a new rig with a ASRock X470 Taichi motherboard and Win 10 64bit 1903. I downloaded the driver from my motherboard's site (Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8668_UAD_WHQL_DTS) and then ran the powershell script to detect the driver type.

Since I couldn't get more than 1 output, I also tried the latest driver in the 1st post (HDA DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.8716.1).

No matter what is plugged in, I only have 1 playback/output device.

• I plug my speakers into rear panel = audio plays out the speakers and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel = audio plays out my headphones and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel and speakers into rear panel = audio plays out of front panel and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)

I used to be able to switch between front and rear when both were plugged in. Anyone have any suggestions?

monsterenergy22, Apr 24, 2020
  3. chexo3 Win User
    How to change what jacks sound devices use for Windows 10?

I'm using a Realtek audio card and driver. Unfortunately, the one device it recognizes in the windows sound menu is listed as speakers, and used both the front and back sets of audio jacks. Since I have both headphones and speakers, both plugged in, it chooses one to output to, prioritizing the front panel with my headphones. I need to create separate devices so I can have a headphones device and a speakers device, and as such, I need to change which jack they use, but I can't figure out how to change that. It would also help if I could select just one of the two jacks for each side instead of using both, so I can have left being output and right being input, on both the front and back.

chexo3, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Realtek drivers prioritizes Front Panel as Speakers instead of creating separate device...

Headphones device missing from "Playback Devices" and Device Manager after Realtek driver install

I have an an odd situation. All my audio devices show up correctly in my device list when I'm using the Windows default High Definition Audio device Drivers. However once I install the Realtek drivers, my headphone device disappears. It's not hidden, lurking
    or otherwise - just gone. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps from various posts including this one here

Headphones missing on playback devices
    ,, but no joy. Additionally (and not surprisingly) the headphones and speaker are no longer separate. Plugging in the headphones stops the sound playback on the speaker. The reason for needing the Realtek drivers is
    to support the ASUS Sonic Studio 3 application.

As soon as I uninstall the Realtek drivers, all is back to normal.

Any ideas? Am i missing something?

Using Win 10 on an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING MB

MaxxHammer, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Realtek drivers prioritizes Front Panel as Speakers instead of creating separate device...

1. Realtek drivers prioritizes Front Panel as Speakers instead of creating separate device... - Similar Threads - Realtek drivers prioritizes

2. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  3. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  4. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. OT - Front panel speaker

OT - Front panel speaker: This obviously is not a question about Windows but I don't know where else to ask. I just moved the guts of a computer into a new case and noticed the new case does not have a front panel speaker. I'm not sure whether to case. Is the front panel speaker thing that emits the...
  6. OT - Front panel speaker

in Windows 10 Support
    OT - Front panel speaker: This obviously is not a question about Windows but I don't know where else to ask. I just moved the guts of a computer into a new case and noticed the new case does not have a front panel speaker. I'm not sure whether to case. Is the front panel speaker thing that emits the...
  7. Front panel

Front panel: Is it possible to link sound blaster z to a pc front panel (ac 97) ? 170842
  8. realtek front panel no audio

realtek front panel no audio: so i just make my first pc build. and after everything thing i found out that the front panel audio and mic are not working. first of, even after updating it it did not install realtek hd audio manager. so i found it downloaded it. and after when i did open, it was opened in...
  9. Realtek Audio: Front Panel Audio only works if back panel is plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio: Front Panel Audio only works if back panel is plugged in: Front panel audio only works if the back panel audio is plugged in. There are outputs in both headphones when the front and back panel audio are plugged in. Back panel audio works fine. I have Realtek (R) Audio, instead of Realtek HD Audio. Similarly, only Realtek Audio...
  10. Realtek front panel jack doesn't detect anything

Realtek front panel jack doesn't detect anything: Hi. I'm using windows 10 and I have the latest version of both NVIDIA and Realtek high definition drivers, but my computer doesn't recognize anything when I plug in my headphones/earphones. All of solutions I've seen worked with the previous Realtek HD audio manager but I...