Windows 10: Realtek ethernet adapter refusing to be/stay on Gigabit

Discus and support Realtek ethernet adapter refusing to be/stay on Gigabit in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey TenForums, long time no see! Basically, I've been having this weird issue for the past couple of days that has driven me to the point where I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Laith, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Laith Win User

Realtek ethernet adapter refusing to be/stay on Gigabit

Hey TenForums, long time no see!

Basically, I've been having this weird issue for the past couple of days that has driven me to the point where I'm almost pulling my hair out. The issue is that my Realtek network adapter (the RTL8111H) will not stay, or even be on gigabit speeds. I have no idea what's causing this because the RTL8111H supports up to 2.5Gbps, the cable I'm using is a brand new CAT6 one and my router has CAT5e ports.

I've spent countless hours trying to debug this by messing around with the duplex settings with almost no success. Even though that's case, I actually did "succeed" during two occasions.

During the first, I got gigabit running for around 10 seconds, until it disconnected and went back to 100Mbps.

During the second, I had a much bigger success where I was able to get gigabit running until I restarted my machine. What I did then was to try other cables to see if my CAT6 was faulty and they did indeed give me gigabit speeds. I decided after that to plug in my CAT6 one and to my surprise it worked perfectly, until I rebooted that is.

It is worth mentioning that Auto Disable Gigabit, Gigabit Lite, EEE/Advanced EEE and Green Ethernet are all turned off. Duplex is set to 1.0Gbps Full and I'm running the latest drivers from my motherboard manufacturers website.

This has been really frustrating for me since I just got a network upgrade and I'm only getting 1/4 of the speed and on top of that, I have no idea what the culprit can be. I thank you for any replies in advance!

:)

Laith, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Cartel Win User

Realtek Ethernet Drivers WTH?

Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (PHY: Realtek RTL8211/8212) Onboard

Cartel, Jul 2, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Intel Gigabit Ethernet better than onboard RealTek RTL8111E Gigabit Ethernet?

i am wondering if a Dedicated Intel Gigabit Ethernet will be better when i game online, surf and download and upload than the onboard RealTek RTL8111E on my ECS P67H2-A V1.1?

if yes, i have been looking at these PCI and PCI-Express Gigabit ethernet cards ^^;

Intel D33745 PCI-Express x1

Realtek ethernet adapter refusing to be/stay on Gigabit [​IMG]

Intel Pro/1000 MT Desktop Adapter- PCI Gigabit

Realtek ethernet adapter refusing to be/stay on Gigabit Intel-Pro-1000-GT-Desktop-Adapter-PCI.jpg

Intel PRO/1000 PT Dual-Port-Server-Adapter PCI-Express x4

Realtek ethernet adapter refusing to be/stay on Gigabit [​IMG]

puma99dk|, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Realtek ethernet adapter refusing to be/stay on Gigabit

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Breaks Realtek PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter forcing 100Mbps instead 1Gbps

Two dead links unfortunately.

AS was stated in my original post, the drivers don't seem to be the issue, the issue is with Windows 10 and RealTek PCIe Adapters. I have gone through every available driver for that RealTek PCIe Gigabit Adapter, and still ALL Gigabit networks I plug into
    both computers display "100 Mbps" instead of "1 Gbps"

MatthewRitchie, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Realtek ethernet adapter refusing to be/stay on Gigabit

1. Realtek ethernet adapter refusing to be/stay on Gigabit - Similar Threads - Realtek ethernet adapter

2. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost: I have a multi port type C brand Ugreen, when I connect to my laptop asus vivobook pro 15 oled connects the internet rj45 but then it goes away and returns to coenctarse. I always have that problem and that’s why I need to connect by wifi...
  3. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost: I have a multi port type C brand Ugreen, when I connect to my laptop asus vivobook pro 15 oled connects the internet rj45 but then it goes away and returns to coenctarse. I always have that problem and that’s why I need to connect by wifi...
  4. USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting at USB3.0 speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting at USB3.0 speeds: I have a usb3 gigabit ethernet adapter connect to the usb3 slot on my laptop but its only connecting at usb 2 speeds.... but when I connect my usb3 lexar flash drive in the same port I do get usb 3 speeds. It appears the ethernet adapter is not connecting to the 'companion...
  5. Windows 10 Gigabit Ethernet

Windows 10 Gigabit Ethernet: Howdy, I got gigabit internet in my apartment. A wifi speed test on my phone showed 400 mbps. The computer was at 90 mbps but when I followed this guide my speed was 900 mbps. Later I magically get downgraded to 90 mbps again. I check the speed and duplex setting and it was...
  6. Ethernet Adapter support for Gigabit Speeds

Ethernet Adapter support for Gigabit Speeds: Hi there, I am thinking of upgrading to fibre to get gigabit speeds around (950/500ish) And I am wondering how can I confirm that my network card (via ethernet) will actually support gigagbit speeds? I have checked these two settings here, and the network card actually has...
  7. Gigabit Ethernet does not work

Gigabit Ethernet does not work: Hello, So i just installed a Gigabit ethernet line through my house, i instantly noticed that when i do a speedtest i only get arround 90-100 mbps, so i checked device manager and it says "100 mbps" there on the ethernet adapter [ATTACH] However, i can select 1 Gigabit...
  8. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is not working: Hello, my laptop is Lenovo ideapad 120s-14iap. I bought this usb to ethernet device and it works on all my other devices. In my laptop I have 2 usb ports and I can't even see anything on device manager when I plug it in. I tried few things myself. 1- I tried to install the...
  9. USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not reaching full speeds on USB2

USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not reaching full speeds on USB2: hi guys, I have an odd problem - just recently we moved to Germany and there's a new connection here, with a Fritzbox, which seems to be popular, and here's the situation. I have an ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ that I really like, overall works well. Now something strange...
  10. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not working in USB3.0 port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not working in USB3.0 port: Following the latest Windows 10 update ( 1803 build 17134.285 ) I notice that my USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is no longer working. It does not switch from WiFi to ethernet in the taskbar when connected. Oddly this is ONLY happening when I plug it into either of my...