Windows 10: Realtek HD Audio Causes Blue Screen APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

Discus and support Realtek HD Audio Causes Blue Screen APC_INDEX_MISMATCH in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inc. Inspiron 22-3263, i3 Processor, 6GB RAM. This all-in-one PC is approximately 4 years old. The PC has always run great, but a week... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OrenBigelow, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Realtek HD Audio Causes Blue Screen APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

I have a Dell Inc. Inspiron 22-3263, i3 Processor, 6GB RAM. This all-in-one PC is approximately 4 years old. The PC has always run great, but a week ago it started blue screening with the APC_INDEX_MISMATCH moniker. I finally, narrowed it down to the Realtek Audio. If I disable the Realtek Audio, everything runs great. PC was running Windows 10 Home 1909.

To attempt to resolve easily, I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Home. So, I am currently running a fresh install that has be updated to version 2004, with all updates current. I also went to Dell and updated to latest BIOS. None of which resolved the issue. If I enable the Realtek Audio, the system will blue screen as before. If I disable the audio, system will run perfectly. Does anyone have any recommendations.

:)

OrenBigelow, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Blue screen error: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH when trying to install Audio driver

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you get a Blue Screen error with “APC_INDEX_MISMATCH” when trying to install Audio drivers. I’ll certainly help you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

An incompatible system driver causes the Blue screen error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. For more information see

Bug Check 0x1: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and check if that helps.

However, I would also suggest you to share the dump files so that we can analyze them and get to the root cause of the issue. To share the files Navigate to
    C:\Windows\Minidump, upload the files to OneDrive and share the OneDrive link.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Realtek Audio driver causing blue screen

I do have Realtek listed in Apps and Features before I uninstall to download and try a different version. I have been able to download the previous version of Realtek HD audio driver for pre RS3 Win10. This version of the driver doesn't cause BSOD but
    instead gives me error 10. I've tried using the Audio Troubleshooter to diagnose from this point but the troubleshooter can't identify anything other than my Nvidia audio connected via HDMI. Hopefully contacting MSI will lead to an answer, thank you

ramirez steve25, Sep 22, 2020
  4. BossDweeb Win User

Realtek HD Audio Causes Blue Screen APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

Realtek Audio driver causing blue screen

So MSI's Realtek HD Universal driver is not installing, and causing BSOD ?

I assume Realtek audio is not listed in Programs and Features or
    Settings>Apps and Features
    , but if it is you should uninstall

that driver as it's is likely corrupted. Reboot before trying to install the driver from MSI.

"Realtek audio control from the app store won't download and it seems to be a common problem for many users"

- Hmm, this may explain why the HD Universal driver is so small, but shouldn't have been a problem for many years, because this

universal driver thing only applies to newer hardware.

The traditional driver includes the Realtek HD Audio Manager program. No need to download anything from the Windows Store.

If you have not tried the full Realtek driver on the MSI download page you may want to give it a go anyway. The universal driver

is only recommended, so you may find the pre-universal driver still works properly.

If that installs successfully you could try installing the Universal package on top of the full driver if you find it is missing some options

in the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

- Because you are also having a problem updating the BIOS you may want to contact MSI support and forums.

The BSOD that happens only when the Realtek driver is installed could indicate a hardware fault in the Realtek audio chip or motherboard circuit.

BossDweeb, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Realtek HD Audio Causes Blue Screen APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

1. Realtek HD Audio Causes Blue Screen APC_INDEX_MISMATCH - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio Causes

2. No audio output device install and blue screen causing by Realtek audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio output device install and blue screen causing by Realtek audio: After Window 10 pro update into 22HZ my tuf gaming laptop it became no audio device output install in device manager even i try all method with software fix and lastly it still cannot load my audio or speaker back . i try to install realtek audio from manufacture from last...
  3. No audio output device install and blue screen causing by Realtek audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio output device install and blue screen causing by Realtek audio: After Window 10 pro update into 22HZ my tuf gaming laptop it became no audio device output install in device manager even i try all method with software fix and lastly it still cannot load my audio or speaker back . i try to install realtek audio from manufacture from last...
  4. Realtek HD Audio legacy causing blue screen

Realtek HD Audio legacy causing blue screen: Just recently downgraded from 21H1 to 20H2 due to issues with Realtek HD Audio. It just disappeared from Device Manager for unknown reasons. I've tried to install old version of Realtek but it all ended with Code 10. Meanwhile whenever I tried to install Realtek HD Audio...
  5. Blue screen and error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

Blue screen and error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hello, For two weeks now, I have had a problem with printing and opening certain pages. When I want to print anything, a blue screen appears and the computer restarts. The codes APC_INDEX_MISMATCH and win32kfull.sys appear...
  6. Realtek HD audio

Realtek HD audio: I just bought a new pc this christmas and plugged my hyper x cloud alphas with the splitter into the pc, after working past all the buggy issues and such and I tried playing the game Modern Warfare warzone, as of playing it I realized that I was only getting sound that was in...
  7. Realtek Audio driver causing blue screen

Realtek Audio driver causing blue screen: Recently installed Windows 10 home v 1903. Did not come with Realtek drivers installed for speakers, only nvidia for my GPU. After downloading the driver from Realteks site and running the setup everything seems to go fine, restart the computer and right away windows has not...
  8. Blue Screen of Death APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen of Death APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArmqW-avb6fvrEHdsAy3a9IBAb4P Here are all the minidump files and MSinfo32 stuff as requested. WhoCrashed lists the error as: "This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1A9490) Bugcheck code: 0x1 (0x7FFC0673A574, 0x30, 0x0,...
  9. APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Blue screens: So lately Ive been having these blue screens when my computer crashes with the error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. It happens a few times a day but when Iam playing games it seems to be occuring way less often. I don't really know what to do fix this as Iam not that smart around this...
  10. Realtek HD Audio

Realtek HD Audio: My computer was working great until the Windows 10 update last week. Now the Realtek HD Audio and Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 drivers are not working. I have tried all of the manual updates and troubleshooting to no avail. I have done a lot of research and this seems to be a...