Windows 10: Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.

Discus and support Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX ) - Windows 7 Help Forums I found this old thread but I couldn't get any help from it because my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 0xc000021a, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.

Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX ) - Windows 7 Help Forums
    I found this old thread but I couldn't get any help from it because my regedit index doesn't look the same as theirs.

I don't have a "DevType_0888_SS147b1083" or "DevType_0885_SS18490890" folder in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\Settings"
    Mine is named "Drv7541_DevType_0889_SS10438418" and I don't know which files I'm supposed to edit there.
    This is what it looks like

:)

0xc000021a, Oct 18, 2015
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Realtek HD audio speakers "Not plugged in"

If your case has two front panel audio connection options, did you use the
    HD audio
    motherboard connector ?

AC97 is 'legacy' and may not work on some current motherboards.

( There may also be an option to switch between HD and AC97 in the Realtek audio manager, or BIOS

when using an HD audio connector. If your Realtek audio manager has this option, play around with

this for different results with the other settings that control front and back panels )

- Do either speaker or headphone show in Device Manager, Control Panel > Sound,

and the Realtek audio manager ?

'I have like 2 headphones plugged in and two front speakers '

- Start out with either speakers, or a headphone until you get the audio going.

Use the rear outputs for the speakers, and front for headphones.

I would be inclined to try and get the rear speaker output going first because it is connected

directly to the motherboard.

BossDweeb, Oct 18, 2015
  3. Jmw189 Win User
    My laptop speakers don't work for some reason.

The volume adjust icon in the bottom corner is set to Speakers/Headphones (Realtek HD Audio), which is the default for the computer's speakers. No sound, still.

Jmw189, Oct 18, 2015
  4. Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.

maybe u need to put the installation disk and click repair.

LaptopUser, Oct 18, 2015
  5. Just to make things a bit clearer: The audio works, it has always worked just fine. The problem is that every time I plug in a pair of headphones they show up as speakers. I have no idea if it affects the sound quality or not.

I reinstalled the drivers online but it didn't change anything.

0xc000021a, Oct 18, 2015
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    It's supposed to show up as speakers, when you are in the Realtek HD Audio/Sound Manager and click on speakers, you will notice the bottom where you can check/uncheck the box will say Virtual Surround when it's using speakers and Headphone Virtualization when headphones are plugged in. Atleast it's that way on my ASUS G74SX notebook.

Almighty1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.

1. Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers. - Similar Threads - Realtek audio indentifies

2. Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio: Ever since I've upgraded to windows 11, I've had problems with my headphones. Also to note, I've never used headphones that connect using a jack with my pc. I just upgraded to the Arctis Nova 1 and they work great on my mac. I plugged them into my pc and its stuck on mono...
  3. Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio: Ever since I've upgraded to windows 11, I've had problems with my headphones. Also to note, I've never used headphones that connect using a jack with my pc. I just upgraded to the Arctis Nova 1 and they work great on my mac. I plugged them into my pc and its stuck on mono...
  4. Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio: Hi, I have Windows 10 21H1 installed on my PC. I have a issue with Realtek Audio. I want to use both - my computer's inbuilt speaker and Headphones but am unable to do so. When I connect my headphones, I get audio output from my headphones, but If I want to change it to my...
  5. Realtek HD audio speakers "Not plugged in"

Realtek HD audio speakers "Not plugged in": please help me[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-hd-audio-not-plugged-in/2641c392-3b1c-46c8-b52e-e04b050c3430
  6. Problem about speakers/headphones and Realtek Audio

Problem about speakers/headphones and Realtek Audio: Hello everyone, I have a problem: I can't modify the sound volume of my speakers once I have plugged in my headphones. To explain a bit more: I can turn the wheel of the speaker, it has no effect on the volume; I can even technically switch off the speaker, I still have...
  7. Headphone mic not detected by realtek HD audio

Headphone mic not detected by realtek HD audio: Okay, so I've been working on this for roughly two hours, searching google as well as looking through the various settings, and I can't seem to find the problem. A few weeks ago, everything worked perfectly, clean and crisp sounds, the works. But today I decided to login and...
  8. Headphones Being Recognized as Speakers on Realtek HD Audio Manager

Headphones Being Recognized as Speakers on Realtek HD Audio Manager: The current issue I'm dealing with is that my new headphones are not being recognized as headphones but speakers on the Realtek HD Audio Manager. I do have a set of speakers connected to the back panel, and my headphones are connected to the front panel. Am I able to...
  9. Realtek HD Audio not switching to Headphone settings

Realtek HD Audio not switching to Headphone settings: I'm running Windows 10 Pro v.1607 build 14393.447 on an Asus Z170-A motherboard with Realtek HD Audio ALC892. I have speakers connected to the rear of the motherboard, and headphones via the front panel port. A few weeks ago, the Realtek HD Audio Manager started behaving...
  10. Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones

Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones: well i had this problem fixed but for some reason it's back and it won't go away no matter what i do i can't figure out how to fix it I can hear my microphone through my headphones and speakers i have listen to device unchecked but the weird part is when i try to record my...