Windows 10: Realtek HD audio non sound after win 10 upgrade

Discus and support Realtek HD audio non sound after win 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I just installed windows 10 on my Asus N55SL (previously running windows 7), for the most part it works great however I am having trouble getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by currang, Jul 29, 2015.

1. currang Win User

Realtek HD audio non sound after win 10 upgrade

So I just installed windows 10 on my Asus N55SL (previously running windows 7), for the most part it works great however I am having trouble getting sound to play. I have tried installing the latest realtek HD audio drivers but thishas not helped at all, I have found that if I plug in headphones to the output jack of the computer I can hear sound and have found that if I roll back drivers then it works however my computer keeps automatically installing the realtek driver again.

Have no idea what to do and am hoping someone here could help, I tried contacting asus but they were very vague and basically just said there may be an update soon that could fix it, wit windows 10 they give you an option to switch back to windows 7 in the first month so I'd prefer to solve this problem before the chance to go back to windows 7 disappears. I'm really liking windows 10 and would prefer to stick with it.

:)

currang, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Horf Win User
  3. Windows 10 Sound Level Too Low

I fixed my problem.

Uninstalled VIA HD Audio Driver

Installed Realtek Audio Driver

Rebooted.

Presto. Got surround sound back.

VIA HD not compatible with Win 10. Realtek is the answer!

Cheers

AllyB_1970, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Make sure you have the speakers set as the default playback device. You can also try and download the drivers directly from Realtec.

5. I hear Realtek has "v7565"... and I can't download it. Even manually I can't. My "enhancements/sound effects" tab is now missing as well, and my drivers are all updated. My audio sounds like it's coming from a box.

paperjelly, Jul 29, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    The Realtek drivers that I got with the Win 10 upgrade worked OK, but I updated them anyway.

I had trouble getting that to work. The Realtek installer would uninstall the current drivers and reboot the PC. The drivers would then re-install before the installer could install the new ones. That looped.

The work-around was to go into Device Manager and uninstall the sound drivers. (I checked the Delete box as well.) Then, without rebooting, I ran the installer for the latest drivers. (My motherboard manufacturer has newer ones than the 2.79 ones at Realtek, but those should be OK.) Worked.

Whether that will be adequate on a notebook, I can't predict. It's too bad that Asus hasn't yet released Win 10 drivers, if the notebook requires customized features.

For my own PCs, I image my Windows disk before doing anything as drastic as an OS upgrade. That makes it convenient to go back if things don't go well. I recommend that for your next OS upgrade.

bobkn, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    Change your settings to 24 bits at 48000 as your default format.

I did what Bob suggested before I upgraded.

8. Gary Win User

9. paperjelly, Jul 29, 2015
  10. currang Win User
    Hey guys, thanks for the replies, unfortunately after trying what you have suggested I am still unable to get it to work. I cannot think of anything else to do and as you can imagine I am finding this whole thing rather frustrating. Is there a way to prevent my computer from downloading realtek updates whilst still automatically downloading other updates or anything like that?

currang, Jul 29, 2015
  11. currang Win User
    Hey guys, thanks for the replies, unfortunately after trying what you have suggested I am still unable to get it to work. I cannot think of anything else to do and as you can imagine I am finding this whole thing rather frustrating. Is there a way to prevent my computer from downloading realtek updates whilst still automatically downloading other updates or anything like that?

currang, Jul 29, 2015
  12. Haven't read the other posts, had this exact issue, M$ sucks due to these driver issues.

Using v8.66.4.0 fixed it for me. Also, if switching versions works and then stops working, check if your drivers are auto-updating.

nosecureboot, Jul 29, 2015
  13. Realtek HD audio non sound after win 10 upgrade

I have (almost) the same laptop (N55SF) and I got it fixed. The problem is indeed that windows keeps updating the wrong driver. To turn this off, go to: my computer -> properties -> advanced system settings -> hardware -> device installation settings. Then choose "no, let me choose what to do" and "Never install driver software from windows update".

Then just install the driver you find on the asus website. For me, it was the latest audio driver from windows 7 64 bit on this page: http://www.asus.com/be-nl/Notebooks_...Desk_Download/. However, this is for the N55SF, so you might need the one from N55SL.

My music hotkeys (left of the keyboard) weren't working either after the update to windows 10. I got this fixed by installing the "ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities" from the same page.

Hope it helps!

EDIT (23 december 2015)

A new windows update removed the option to "never install driver software from windows update", so the previous solution doesn't work anymore. I have however found a new one.

Go to C:\Program Files\Realtek. Here you will find a folder named "audio". Rightclick this folder, select "properties" > Security tab > "Advanced" > "Change Permissions" > "Disable inheritance". Then select the SYSTEM permission and click "Remove".
    I have added a screenshot for some clearity.

Realtek HD audio non sound after win 10 upgrade [​IMG]

Now just run the setup file of your chosen driver, reboot your laptop and everything should work.

Robbmeisterr, Jul 30, 2015
  14. twinease Win User
    I have an USUS N55SL and had no sound from the Bang & Olufsen ICE speakers after upgrading from Win 7 to Windows 10.
    This fixed it, and I've emailed ASUS problem desk with the fix. Thanks to Robbmeisterr, entry above.
    Windows 10 is set to automatically load the latest driver, however this latest driver leaves you with no sound from the speakers but there is sound from the headphone port.
    The fix is to install the Realtek drivers used in the Windows 7, Version V 6.0.1.6631.
    This is how I fixed my laptop,
    left click windows icon, bottom left
    In the box type - Windows System - in the pink area at the top of the panel – left click - Advanced system settings
    Hardware tab - Device Installation Settings - left click
    click - radio button - Never install driver software from Windows update
    Reboot laptop.
    When laptop opens use any browser go to http://www.asus.com/uk/supportonly/N...Desk_Download/
    enter your notebook model – N55SL
    select Operating system win 7 64bit - then select Audio - there's only 1 Realtek Audio driver V6.0.1.6631
    Click the blue Global button and download the driver.
    It will come compressed, so open with WinZip to your desktop.
    Click Windows icon, bottom left - type device manager - click device manager at the top in the pink area
    click - Sound video and game controllers - double click Realtek High Definition Audio
    Driver tab - update driver - install V6.0.1.6631 from your Desktop.
    Sorry to be long winded in explaining, but I spent lots of time working out what to do.

twinease, Jul 31, 2015
  15. gibb0 Win User

gibb0, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Realtek HD audio non sound after win 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Realtek audio non

2. Realtek HD audio does not play sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek HD audio does not play sound.: Realtek HD audio does not play sound. I have mb with alc892 codec with 7.1 stereo sound. I tried all the realtek software for hd audio from thier hp, installed realtek hd audio controller for alc892, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, but it does not play sound. The...
  3. Realtek HD audio does not play sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek HD audio does not play sound.: Realtek HD audio does not play sound. I have mb with alc892 codec with 7.1 stereo sound. I tried all the realtek software for hd audio from thier hp, installed realtek hd audio controller for alc892, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, but it does not play sound. The...
  4. win 10 non carica il realtek audio manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 non carica il realtek audio manager: win 10 non carica il realtek audio manager per sistema 5.1, questo dopo aver scaricato il file 2.82 per sistemi x64 bite ma l'icona windows nella barra mi fa vedere che è caricato quello stereo ma non il 5.1 come fare per ricaricare il file audio manager?...
  5. Realtek HD audio

Realtek HD audio: I just bought a new pc this christmas and plugged my hyper x cloud alphas with the splitter into the pc, after working past all the buggy issues and such and I tried playing the game Modern Warfare warzone, as of playing it I realized that I was only getting sound that was in...
  6. Upgrade from Win 10 1809 to Win 10 2004, I think this upgrade deleted my Realtek Audio HD...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win 10 1809 to Win 10 2004, I think this upgrade deleted my Realtek Audio HD...: I need to Re-install the Realtek HD Audio Manager and Drivers but How do I do that? I have the Driver #'s and Codec #'s but are they Compatible with the 2004 Version of Windows 10? Some how, in a Update my Realtek HD Codecs and Drivers that were originally installed on this...
  7. Realtek HD Audio problems after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek HD Audio problems after update: Im wondering if ppl have no sound after the update and if they did, how they fixed it. submitted by /u/Singh673 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f3hkzt/realtek_hd_audio_problems_after_update/
  8. Realtek HD Crackling Audio sounds - Windows 10

Realtek HD Crackling Audio sounds - Windows 10: Hi I currently have a Dell Inspiron 7567 running windows 10. And it had good as expected audio output, then a few months ago this issue rose, I searched online countless times and attempted to fix it, long story short I didn't BUT then a few days went buy and it got fixed on...
  9. Realtek HD Audio

Realtek HD Audio: My computer was working great until the Windows 10 update last week. Now the Realtek HD Audio and Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 drivers are not working. I have tried all of the manual updates and troubleshooting to no avail. I have done a lot of research and this seems to be a...
  10. RealTek HD sound problem

RealTek HD sound problem: Hello, I've been installing the latest drivers from realtek audio, both from Reaktek website and automatic updates. Whenever I install it the sound is bugged. I hear trash noise and the volume is super low. I have to revert back to the windows 10 generic driver and sound...