Windows 10: Realtek HD Audio Suddenly Stopped Working

Discus and support Realtek HD Audio Suddenly Stopped Working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm feeling a bit desperate which is why I'm posting here in the hope someone might be able to help. Yesterday I noticed the audio playback on my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ComposerHazel, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Realtek HD Audio Suddenly Stopped Working

I'm feeling a bit desperate which is why I'm posting here in the hope someone might be able to help. Yesterday I noticed the audio playback on my PC was strange, some things were playing as if from a far off distance, other sounds weren't playing at all. Then this morning I noticed when I played a Twitch stream I could hear the game audio perfectly, but the person speaking/playing could not be heard. I tested multiple random streams to see if was just them but the problem persisted; I could hear the audio from the game but not the audio of the person speaking.

I tried updating to latest Realtek drivers and instead of fixing the problem I lost audio entirely (except when I play test audio). I uninstalled Realtek entirely and windows automatically assigned *High Definition Audio Device* as my new default audio driver - however the audio through this is absolutely awful - it sounds tinny, echoey, distant, and barely intelligible. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Anyone have any tips or suggestions? I've tried rolling back to previous version of Realtek, but the problems persist.

submitted by /u/ComposerHazel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ComposerHazel, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Rich H567 Win User

Realtek HD audio headphone jack

Realtek HD audio headphone jack not listed separately in device manager, headphones don't

Rich H567, Nov 14, 2019
  3. JoeBoyka Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everything is working *Smile Realtek HD Audio Suddenly Stopped Working :)

JoeBoyka, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

Realtek HD Audio Suddenly Stopped Working

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Realtek HD Audio Suddenly Stopped Working

1. Realtek HD Audio Suddenly Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio Suddenly

2. Can't get realtek hd audio working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't get realtek hd audio working: The last time i tried to install Realtek HD Audio management console and drivers my computer crashed and got the blue screen of death.I had to totally reinstall windows and lost everything.Now I'm having audio problems again I'm using realtek again, just the audio drivers,...
  3. Realtek HD Audio Not Working

Realtek HD Audio Not Working: Hello, I am having an issue with Realtek not working on my computer, or better yet not even showing up anywhere in device manager. The only places Realtek pops up is in the task manager under start up and services and in the program files, but I don't believe all the files...
  4. Headset not working with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset not working with Realtek HD Audio: Bear with me, this is gonna be long because I'm trying to give as much detail as possible.I have the Steelseries Arctis 1 Headset, which is working perfectly fine already tested it on my phone etc.I just got a new PC and the headset just won't work. The audio driver is...
  5. Realtek HD Audio not WORKING

Realtek HD Audio not WORKING: ok. I have been working on this for about 6 hours. Realtek Drivers will not install. They install but do absolutely nothing. I have tried many different sources thinking I just installed the wrong one. Realtek does not show up in my Device Manager. NONE of my inputs or...
  6. Realtek HD audio

Realtek HD audio: I just bought a new pc this christmas and plugged my hyper x cloud alphas with the splitter into the pc, after working past all the buggy issues and such and I tried playing the game Modern Warfare warzone, as of playing it I realized that I was only getting sound that was in...
  7. Realtek HD Audio not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek HD Audio not working: So I was playing GTA 5 and then I shut the flap of my laptop and didn't shut it down but just put it to sleep. After a while, I opened it again and there was no sound. I checked the Playback devices and it only said Speakers(7.1 Surround Sound) and the Realtek audio wasn't...
  8. realtek audio stop working

realtek audio stop working: hi, i have a gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 motherboard with all drivers up to date and also windows 10 64 bit version 1809, when i work on my network or even disconnect my network than audio dies, no more audio i need to go to the services.msc to restart audio,also from time to time...
  9. realtek audio stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    realtek audio stop working: hi, i have a gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 motherboard with all drivers up to date and also windows 10 64 bit version 1809, when i work on my network or even disconnect my network than audio dies, no more audio i need to go to the services.msc to restart audio,also from time to time...
  10. Realtek HD Audio

Realtek HD Audio: My computer was working great until the Windows 10 update last week. Now the Realtek HD Audio and Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 drivers are not working. I have tried all of the manual updates and troubleshooting to no avail. I have done a lot of research and this seems to be a...