Windows 10: Realtek HD setting missing Decibel Boost & Low Sound Input in Built-in Mic - ThP17 Gen 1...

Discus and support Realtek HD setting missing Decibel Boost & Low Sound Input in Built-in Mic - ThP17 Gen 1... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two issues, the most important is that my built-in Microphone doesn't seem to "hear" my voice or any sound loud enough therefore people on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Serg2021, May 3, 2021.

1. Serg2021 Win User

Realtek HD setting missing Decibel Boost & Low Sound Input in Built-in Mic - ThP17 Gen 1...

I have two issues, the most important is that my built-in Microphone doesn't seem to "hear" my voice or any sound loud enough therefore people on the other side can hear me well when in chats/meetings. Sound goes in but not loud enough, the Voice tests only go up to 1 or 2%.Of course, I did troubleshoot, uninstalled it, and install it back again from Realtek and Lenovo's website -reboot computer as needed and so on...The next issue is that after updating it to the latest Driver from Realtek website https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-

:)

Serg2021, May 3, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 3, 2021
  3. Tonyb Win User
    just got a new blue snowball ice mic boost not there low audio

mine looks like its provided by C-media here is a pic. as you can see that is the only slider i got for mine and as far as i can tell it controls just the volume output nothing more, i'm half tempted to try the program i listed above, but have heard of people loosing sound enhancements from realtek from installing it.

Realtek HD setting missing Decibel Boost & Low Sound Input in Built-in Mic - ThP17 Gen 1... [​IMG]

Realtek HD setting missing Decibel Boost & Low Sound Input in Built-in Mic - ThP17 Gen 1... [​IMG]

Tonyb, May 3, 2021
  4. ShantiMe Win User

Realtek HD setting missing Decibel Boost & Low Sound Input in Built-in Mic - ThP17 Gen 1...

Mic Boost slider missing in Windows 8.1

I have a good quality professional mic (USB) yet the input volume is very low inspite of the high volume settings in Audacity.

I was looking for a solution and found a number of articles advising to increase the mic boost in the sound levels window.

The problem is that I DO NOT have the mic boost slider below the volume slider. I have never seen it there from day one.

Apparently this is a known issue - except that no one has got the solution - which is

How to activate the mic boost slider so that it shows in the levels window (and can be adjusted)

I have Windows 8.1 (64)

I do hope that someone from MS support can help me find my mic boost slider.

Realtek HD setting missing Decibel Boost & Low Sound Input in Built-in Mic - ThP17 Gen 1... 4b6295da-8576-4d02-a943-6587c4a37b00?upload=true.jpg

ShantiMe, May 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Realtek HD setting missing Decibel Boost & Low Sound Input in Built-in Mic - ThP17 Gen 1... - Similar Threads - Realtek setting missing

2. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  3. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  4. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek HD setting missing Decibel Boost for Lenovo P17 Gen 1 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek HD setting missing Decibel Boost for Lenovo P17 Gen 1 Windows 10: I have two issues, the most important is that my built-in Microphone doesn't seem to "hear" my voice or any sound loud enough therefore people on the other side can hear me well when in chats/meetings. Sound goes in but not loud enough, the Voice tests only go up to 1 or...
  6. mic on full volume and mic boost but still low

mic on full volume and mic boost but still low: i have a BM 800 mic i dont have any sound card but if I put it at the highest volume I still need to get close as possible I cant stay 5 Meters away otherwise they cant hear me the youtube videos are just completely nothing nothing rlly worked on them so yeah. i need help on...
  7. Low input volume on an external mic'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low input volume on an external mic': For the last few weeks I have been useing an external mic' to make voice recordings. Everytnig has been fine. Last night, I finished, closed down, changed nothing. This morning,. the inpout volume of the external mic is about 80% less than yersterday. Why ? I have sp[ent...
  8. Input (mic) Stereo Mix (realtek) not picking up sound through Mic

Input (mic) Stereo Mix (realtek) not picking up sound through Mic: Acer Predator PH315-52 Windows 10 Home 1909 When I have my sound input set to Stereo Mix (realtek) i can pickup and record or broadcast anything playing internally like youtube or my music files however the external mic wont pick up any sound externally like my voice. Then...
  9. Realtek Audio HD - Speaker sound also going through mic input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek Audio HD - Speaker sound also going through mic input: I have been using Discord for about a month with no issues but all of a sudden I updated a Realtek Driver and now I have had the Realtek Audio Manager popping up whenever I plug my headphone and mic splitter in my 3.5 ports in the motherboard. Recently though, my friends...
  10. Mic Boost Option missing from Mic levels settings in Windows 10

Mic Boost Option missing from Mic levels settings in Windows 10: I am using an Asus P5N73-AM motherboard with an on board VIA VT1708B High Definition Audio 8 Channel chipset. When I plug in my RODE Mic I can barely hear it even with all the audio on maximum. There is absolutely no Mic Boost option showing up in the mic properties under...