Windows 10: Realtek Headset swap to Speakers

Discus and support Realtek Headset swap to Speakers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I share a computer, and the person I share with wants to hear through the speakers on my computer and not the headset I have. I've tried looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chunkysaus, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Realtek Headset swap to Speakers

I share a computer, and the person I share with wants to hear through the speakers on my computer and not the headset I have. I've tried looking through Realtek's audio manager that I have on Windows 10, but I can't find a way to swap to speakers without unplugging the headset. Is there a way to do so?

:)

Chunkysaus, Jan 23, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Realtek Headset swap to Speakers :p

cadaveca, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Automatically swap sound between speakers and headset?

Hi all, and apologies for the long post. I'm trying to thorough.

I currently have a Razer Kraken Pro Z analog headset (separate plugs for headphones and mic) plugged into the front audio and mic ports on my desktop. I have stereo speakers plugged into the back stereo port on my motherboard. I also have a Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro sound card in my computer that currently has nothing plugged into it because of my problem below. The audio/mic combo cable from my case that controls the front audio and mic ports is plugged into the front audio pins on my motherboard, not the Creative sound card. I am running Windows 10 64-bit.

I recently installed the Windows 10 Anniversary patch (I was one of the people who forever had patch instillation errors) and since then it’s been a constant struggle having audio play from the correct device without having to either unplug the speakers or the headset and changing what the default audio device is in the control panel. Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 pre-update all automatically switched the audio to my headset/headphones if the speakers were turned off, and would automatically turn the sound off in my headset/headphones if my speakers were turned on. This is no longer the case. Additionally, post-update my mic no longer works on my headset and my computer no longer seems to recognize the Microsoft HD webcam I have.

How can I have an analog headset plugged into the front audio and mic ports of my desktop, have speakers plugged into the speaker port on either my mobo or the Creative sound card, AND have Windows 10 automatically switch the audio (sound from speakers when speakers are turned on, otherwise sound from headset when speakers are turned off) without having to tinker with the default devices in the control panel every time I want to use either device?

I’ve tried:

— Setting the speakers as the default audio device and the headset as the default communication device in the control panel. All this does is permanently disable sound from the other device. Typically, the headset must be set to the default audio device, not default communication device, if I want to hear any sound from it. This isn't always the case though as sometimes the headset will randomly work as the default communications device.

— Using my Creative sound card as the default sound chip. The speakers were plugged into this card and the front audio/mic combo cable from my case was plugged into the front audio pins of this card. Nothing was plugged into or connected to the mobo’s audio ports and pins. In this configuration the sound would not automatically swap, requiring me to constantly reset default devices in the control panel depending on which I wanted to hear sound from. I think the mic worked by I don’t remember since I’ve been messing around with this problem for months.

— Ditching the Creative sound card entirely and instead connecting the front panel audio/mic combo cable to the front audio pins on my motherboard and plugging the speakers into the motherboard’s back audio port. Still no automatic sound swapping and no mic functionality. This is my current configuration.

— Having the speakers connected to the Creative sound card and the headset connected to the front panel audio on my motherboard via the front audio/mic combo cable. I have also tried having the speakers connected to my motherboard audio and my headset connected to my Creative sound card via the front audio/mic combo cable. Both still required me to constantly reset default devices.

— In all of the configurations, I’ve gone to control panel and set my speakers as the default audio device and my headset as the default communication device. Again, no automatic audio switching and the headset mic often doesn’t work.

I realize I could probably end this madness by ditching the speakers and using only the headset. I don’t want to do this because my girlfriend, her daughter and I use the speakers to listen to music or hear the audio on math practice videos, and I use the headset when I play Overwatch or other games so that I don’t bother them. Additionally, they’re both very tech illiterate and will in no way be able to remember or do the control panel default audio devices nonsense.

Thanks!

macschwag14, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Cybie1111 Win User

Realtek Headset swap to Speakers

Need a New Headset and Speakers.

It seems that I would stay with logitech for headsets but I would like some suggestions for a 2.1 speaker setup.

Cybie1111, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Realtek Headset swap to Speakers

1. Realtek Headset swap to Speakers - Similar Threads - Realtek Headset swap

2. Sound problem using realtek speakers and headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem using realtek speakers and headset: I got a laptop with Windows 11 and there's a problem while on calls on Messenger, Meet, and Discord. I like to play movies or listen to music while video calling my girlfriend or watching movies together. But the audio disappears or even just calls I can't hear the ring of...
  3. Sound problem using realtek speakers and headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem using realtek speakers and headset: I got a laptop with Windows 11 and there's a problem while on calls on Messenger, Meet, and Discord. I like to play movies or listen to music while video calling my girlfriend or watching movies together. But the audio disappears or even just calls I can't hear the ring of...
  4. Logitech G535 gaming headset and Realtek speakers, Lenovo T7 desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech G535 gaming headset and Realtek speakers, Lenovo T7 desktop: Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use the sub output for LFE at the same time as my headset? I want to drive a buttkicker and still use my headset....
  5. Headset and speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset and speakers: I frequently switch between my headset and speakers headset is blue pump connected by bluetooth and my speakers are yamaha HS8 connected by my focusrite scarlett 2i2 that is plugged into my pc via usb I find it really difficult to switch between them as i have to go to...
  6. Swap left/right speakers?

Swap left/right speakers?: I've got my whole setup right here. So it's hard to move anything around because the cables are all fixed. I've only used my speakers for Youtube, music or something like that, so I put them down somehow. For gaming I used my headset. Since my headset is broken, I use my...
  7. Hotkey to swap between default speakers and usb headset

Hotkey to swap between default speakers and usb headset: Win10 playback devices will not let me use both devices to hear thru. Only the device selected as 'default' will push sound out. So, I am looking for a way to simply switch devices, a hotkey, shortcut, or even a Powershell script. It would be cool to have it on the context...
  8. Realtek speakers

Realtek speakers: Since a Windows 10 update my Realtek speakers have stopped working, I have not been able to get a test sound, I have tried troubleshooting without any luck. When checking if the drivers are up to date it says they are and it also says the sound system is working correctly....
  9. Realtek and headset

Realtek and headset: Hey Guys, I just brought Myself Asus Tuf gaming laptop and it won’t pick up the mic on my headset Razer Kraken Pro the one with 3.5 jack, in the device manager I have Realtek(R) Audio and Intel(R) Display Audio and also Nvidia Virtal Audio, for some reason when in sound...
  10. Automatically swap sound between speakers and headset?

Automatically swap sound between speakers and headset?: Hi all, and apologies for the long post. I'm trying to thorough. I currently have a Razer Kraken Pro Z analog headset (separate plugs for headphones and mic) plugged into the front audio and mic ports on my desktop. I have stereo speakers plugged into the back stereo port...