Windows 10: Realtek High Definition Audio driver automatically installs despite Local Group Policy...

Discus and support Realtek High Definition Audio driver automatically installs despite Local Group Policy... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Home Edition. I have a Creative Soundblaster Omni Surround sound card. I added the hardware ID of Realtek High Definition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sA79978664, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Realtek High Definition Audio driver automatically installs despite Local Group Policy...

I'm running Windows 10 Home Edition.

I have a Creative Soundblaster Omni Surround sound card.

I added the hardware ID of Realtek High Definition Audio to Device Installation Restrictions > Prevent installation of devices that match any of these device IDS (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0867&SUBSYS_103C82FF&REV_1000)

But upon restart the driver automatically reinstalls itself.

Any ideas? Cheers

:)

sA79978664, Mar 12, 2019

2. Realtek High Definition Audio not working

First of all, the Realtek High Definition Audio Device did not automatically reinstall after uninstalling and rebooting. I had to go into Add Legacy Software and select it to install. The Device Manager crashed while installing it, which it always does.
    Upon starting it up again, the Device is there, but with a warning sign next to it indicating it is not functional.

Second of all, when I did the rest of the steps, the Driver Manager told me specifically that the drivers for Realtek High Definition Audio Device are up to date.

Thank you for trying to help so far btw

ZeussApelflauge, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Big_Bad_E Win User
    Help with installing Realtek Audio Drivers

Normally this would be a Realtek problem but my main problem is Windows.

I was getting bad mic quality so I installed the latest Realtek drivers from their website, I installed it, restarted my computer, and got no sound.

I went into Devices, and saw this:

Realtek is the Audio Device. I clicked Update driver, search automatically, and got this error:

Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them.

Realtek High Definition Audio.

I deleted the Realtek folder, reinstalled, got the same problem. Something else maybe important there is an audio port that says Mic in at rear panel (Pink) (Realtek High Defenition Audio)

I saw somewhere that I was supposed to click update, click Browse for drivers on my computer, and set the path to C:\Windows\WinSxS, which gave me this error:

Imgur

If I click on let me pick from a list of avalible drivers on my device, this pops up:

High Definition Audio Device

Realtek High Definition Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

I installed DriverEasy, clicked update on Realtek Audio, then went to devices, clicked let me pick from a list of avalible drivers on my device, clicked Have Disk, gave it the inf file that DriverEasy gave me, and got the first error. So, what am I doing
    wrong, and what is High Definition Audio Device?

Will uninstalling Microsoft Trusted Audio Drivers allow WinSxS to work?

Big_Bad_E, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Realtek High Definition Audio driver automatically installs despite Local Group Policy...

Unable to install driver update for Realtek High Definition Audio error 0x800f0248.

Hi,

Realtek Semiconductor Corp. driver update for Realtek High Definition Audio always fail and each time I check for Update it crops up.

Realtek semiconductor corp. driver update for realtek high definition audio - error 0x800f0248

BilalIbrahim, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Realtek High Definition Audio driver automatically installs despite Local Group Policy...

1. Realtek High Definition Audio driver automatically installs despite Local Group Policy... - Similar Threads - Realtek High Definition

2. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Issue: I am an chemical engineer and need to be able to use my laptop for meetings, making recordings, etc. I do not need to do anything fancy with my audio output or recording ability. Recently I have been having issues with my audio driver. Sometimes when I restart my laptop it...
  3. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Issue: I am an chemical engineer and need to be able to use my laptop for meetings, making recordings, etc. I do not need to do anything fancy with my audio output or recording ability. Recently I have been having issues with my audio driver. Sometimes when I restart my laptop it...
  4. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Problem: Hi, I got a problem with the realtek audio driver.The software sometimes will not start at the start up, I cannot use my microphone.As I see when it don't start up, even the 5.1 Sound Around I cannot use, I can only use my television for sound.It even didn't have the driver...
  6. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Problem: Hi, I got a problem with the realtek audio driver.The software sometimes will not start at the start up, I cannot use my microphone.As I see when it don't start up, even the 5.1 Sound Around I cannot use, I can only use my television for sound.It even didn't have the driver...
  7. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Problem

8. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is missing.

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is missing.: Last night, everything was fine and working but this morning when I turned on my computer, I had no audio devices. I ran microsoft's troubleshooter and it managed to enable my monitor's audio but my Realtek High Definition Audio is now missing which is what I use to plug my...
  9. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver: I have no sound on my pc, unable to reinstall Realtek High Definition Audio Driver in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-high-definition-audio-driver/169252cf-69d0-4fa0-aecf-c430fc1e10de
  10. realtek high definition audio drivers

realtek high definition audio drivers: i have a windows 10 dell desktop computer 64 bit 8gig memory..my question is this ..the audio drivers are high definition drivers manufactured by Microsoft..i would like to replace them with realtek high definition audio drivers is this possible and if so how do i do it...