Windows 10: Realtek High Definition Audio Driver not showing in device manager

Discus and support Realtek High Definition Audio Driver not showing in device manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; XPS 15 9570 Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20 GHz I bought this computer two years ago and have never had any problems with it. I have been dealing with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mynameisryannarby, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver not showing in device manager

XPS 15 9570

Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20 GHz

I bought this computer two years ago and have never had any problems with it.

I have been dealing with Wi-Fi/audio driver problems off and on for over a week now. I kept having to restart my computer often to fix these problems, finally got fed up and did a factory reset. That seemed to fix everything, but then a day or so later my laptop wanted to update. Since the update, Realtek HD Audio driver is not showing in device manager and when I click on my volume button on the taskbar it tells me that "Speakers/Headphones (Realtek(R) Audio)" is the driver playing my sound. the thing is, though, is that it doesn't play sound. I am right back where I was before the reset and I am getting very frustrated. Please help me.

submitted by /u/mynameisryannarby
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mynameisryannarby, Apr 18, 2020

2. Device manager only showing High definition audio

When I go to device manager, unde the audio tab, I only have AMD high definition audio and High definition audio. I installed realtek drivers but they are not showing up there. Basically realtek drivers make no difference whether they are installed or
    not. Does realtek work on any computer?

AndrewAndrew9, Apr 18, 2020
  3. NOT WORKING-Realtek audio drivers and Microsoft High Definition device

I've seen some videos which just tell you to update Realtek HD driver to the Microsoft driver. Sometimes it works for a while then it stops working. I just go into Device Manager>Sound, video and game controllers> Realtek High Definition audio (right click)>
    Update driver software> Browse from my computer> Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer> High Definition audio device. It should update.

JaccaGames, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver not showing in device manager

Realtek High Definition Audio not working

First of all, the Realtek High Definition Audio Device did not automatically reinstall after uninstalling and rebooting. I had to go into Add Legacy Software and select it to install. The Device Manager crashed while installing it, which it always does.
    Upon starting it up again, the Device is there, but with a warning sign next to it indicating it is not functional.

Second of all, when I did the rest of the steps, the Driver Manager told me specifically that the drivers for Realtek High Definition Audio Device are up to date.

Thank you for trying to help so far btw

ZeussApelflauge, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver not showing in device manager

1. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver not showing in device manager - Similar Threads - Realtek High Definition

2. Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager: Hello, I have a problem after installing the new windows 11 and namely it seems that when I plug my headphones into my computer via jack input, the system does not display that something is plugged in at all. When I go into the device manager and then into audio devices there...
  3. Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager: Hello, I have a problem after installing the new windows 11 and namely it seems that when I plug my headphones into my computer via jack input, the system does not display that something is plugged in at all. When I go into the device manager and then into audio devices there...
  4. Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager: I just got a new PSU and now my headphones and speakers wont connect. I've reinstalled the latest driver from my MoBo's website https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-1x/support#support-dl-driverIt also doesn't show up in device manager. I've checked the...
  5. Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager

Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager: I just got a new PSU and now my headphones and speakers wont connect. I've reinstalled the latest driver from my MoBo's website https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-1x/support#support-dl-driverIt also doesn't show up in device manager. I've checked the...
  6. Realtek high definition audio not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver isn't Appearing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver isn't Appearing in Device Manager: Recently my computer had froze because of high CPU usage I was running multiple instances of a game for testing and I shrugged it off after pressing the power button and turning it on again, only to find out my audio stopped working, along with the Realtek HD Audio Manager....
  8. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver isn't Appearing in Device Manager

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver isn't Appearing in Device Manager: Recently my computer had froze because of high CPU usage I was running multiple instances of a game for testing and I shrugged it off after pressing the power button and turning it on again, only to find out my audio stopped working, along with the Realtek HD Audio Manager....
  9. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver isn't Appearing in Device Manager

10. realtek high definition audio driver not showing in device manager

realtek high definition audio driver not showing in device manager: Hi, I have dell XPS 9700 running Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎1/‎2/‎2021 OS build 19042.685 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 The realtek high defintion audio driver is not showing under Device Manager >> Sound, Video and game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek audio driver not show up in device manager