Windows 10: Realtek High Definition Audio missing

Discus and support Realtek High Definition Audio missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having trouble with realtek: when i plug headphones, they sound is VERY low, only the laptop speakers workfine. I looked online for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Genesi Alegria, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Realtek High Definition Audio missing

I am having trouble with realtek: when i plug headphones, they sound is VERY low, only the laptop speakers workfine. I looked online for a solution,tried to manually isntall the drivers, but Realtek never ends up showing on the task bar, nor in device manager. Also i tried to manually open Realtek High Definition Audio from the folder but clicking on it wiht admin pass does nothing. I have an acer nitro AN515-43 with windows 10 installed.

It worked fine for a year and suddenly it stopped. I need help please as i need to work with headphones.

:)

Genesi Alegria, Feb 26, 2021

2. Realtek High Definition Audio not working

First of all, the Realtek High Definition Audio Device did not automatically reinstall after uninstalling and rebooting. I had to go into Add Legacy Software and select it to install. The Device Manager crashed while installing it, which it always does.
    Upon starting it up again, the Device is there, but with a warning sign next to it indicating it is not functional.

Second of all, when I did the rest of the steps, the Driver Manager told me specifically that the drivers for Realtek High Definition Audio Device are up to date.

Thank you for trying to help so far btw

ZeussApelflauge, Feb 26, 2021
  3. kleph Win User
    Realtek High Definition Audio and High Definition Audio Device missing

Hello,
    Basic info:
    I'm using a Dell G5 15 gaming notebook with Windows 10 for about half a year. Pretty early on I got sound problems such as occasional static sound, static sound when playing yt video and a game at the same time and such. I found a fix to this by going to the Device Manager and changing High Definition Audio Device to Realtek High Definition Audio which would fix it for some time and then I'd have to do it again.
    Problem:
    But now I don't have Realtek High Definition Audio nor High Definition Audio Device in the device manager, I only have Realtek Audio. ( and Intel display audio, NVIDIA high definition audio, NVIDIA virtual audio device, but I don't think these are relevant) So the sound is low quality, muffled and there's the occasional static sound. I tried installing Realtek High Definition Audio driver from the original Dell G5 15 site, so it should be compatible, the installation goes well, but there is no change in the actual audio. Looking for help on how to fix this. Thanks

kleph, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Realtek High Definition Audio missing

Realtek High Definition Audio

Download a newer version of the driver from the realtek website, install it and check if the sound comes back.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

If not, uninstall the realtek Driver by:

• Open device manager
    • Sound Video and Game controllers
    • Right click realtek high definition audio device and select uninstall driver software
    • Make sure the checkbox "Delete the device software for this device is checked"
    Check if it helps.Do reply back with the results.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Realtek High Definition Audio missing

1. Realtek High Definition Audio missing - Similar Threads - Realtek High Definition

2. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is missing.: Hi I have trouble using my microphone, whenever I use it nobody can hear my voice clearly and they always said that I’m far away from the microphone even though I’m sitting near my laptop. I found out that I have to update the real high definition audio but in device manager...
  3. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is missing.: Hi I have trouble using my microphone, whenever I use it nobody can hear my voice clearly and they always said that I’m far away from the microphone even though I’m sitting near my laptop. I found out that I have to update the real high definition audio but in device manager...
  4. Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio: I've been trying to get a HD audio for sometime now, and all i can do is nothing cause it seems like my laptop doesn't want me to move on. I now have Realtek Audio, instead of a HD one. Been trying to get a HD even trying to install multiple drivers to see if it works even...
  5. Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio: I've been trying to get a HD audio for sometime now, and all i can do is nothing cause it seems like my laptop doesn't want me to move on. I now have Realtek Audio, instead of a HD one. Been trying to get a HD even trying to install multiple drivers to see if it works even...
  6. Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is missing.

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is missing.: Last night, everything was fine and working but this morning when I turned on my computer, I had no audio devices. I ran microsoft's troubleshooter and it managed to enable my monitor's audio but my Realtek High Definition Audio is now missing which is what I use to plug my...
  8. Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek High Definition Audio: I uninstalled realtek high definition audio from under the "sound video and audio controllers" section of the device manager. when i restarted my computer i was told it would re appear with refreshed drivers but instead its not showing up at all. i really need help in...
  9. Realtek High Definition Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio: I uninstalled by mistake “Realtek High Definition Audio” out of my Windows 10. So it no longer appears in Device Manager. How could I put it back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-high-definition-audio/3c4e9f23-6ed9-4f8f-bda7-3f751f4e4f16
  10. Realtek High Definition Audio issues

Realtek High Definition Audio issues: Alright... here we go Earlier today i was having some audio issues and after messing around with the settings for a while i thought it would be a good idea to just remove the device through the sound control panel and when i went to do that it asked me if i would like to go...