Windows 10: Realtek High Definition Audio - no sound on speaker, got sound via Headphone Jack!

Discus and support Realtek High Definition Audio - no sound on speaker, got sound via Headphone Jack! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I got a GL503VS Asus Rog Scar Edition gaming laptop. I've done a reinstall a few weeks ago, and since then the issue is that everything seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Peter Paul Horvath, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Realtek High Definition Audio - no sound on speaker, got sound via Headphone Jack!

Hi,

I got a GL503VS Asus Rog Scar Edition gaming laptop. I've done a reinstall a few weeks ago, and since then the issue is that everything seems working fine, but the laptop speakers are quiet, no sound.

Tried to reinstall Windows, tried to get lot of compatible different version of the driver, no help.

I see many topics where something has been changed in windows, that made Realtek HD and High Definition Audio Devices loose sound.

I'm quiet sure this is the main issue, something has happened with Windows 10 Driver architecture, some small change like WDM driver change in the past, and somehow the speaker channel is not utilized properly.

Also took the laptop to Asus support they couldn't understand the issue either. They told me if I want I can ask a motherboard replacement on the laptop, however I'm a bit confused if that would help or not, they were not sure either.

So first, I would require some support from Windows side, we need to make sure this isn't windows that going crazy.

What should be the steps to take please, create a support ticket first (I assume this post dousn't count as a support ticket)?

Regards,

Peter H.

:)

Peter Paul Horvath, Feb 27, 2019
  2. thjoseph Win User

Realtek High Definition Audio (No Sound through Laptop Speakers)

I will try to be as detailed as possible. I am pretty experienced with drivers and sound settings but this problem has me stumped.

I have a Fangbook III made by Cyperpower PC. I am unable to play sound via the on-board speakers for the laptop. I am however able to play sound through the 3.5mm auxiliary jack input. I have speakers set as default device under the playback settings.

This is where is gets strange. Whenever I attempt to delete the Realtek audio driver, whether it is through windows or a 3rd-party driver uninstallation software, Realtek always comes back within a few seconds. Right before it does come back, under playback,
    it separates speakers and headphones with both having the driver High Definition Audio Device. If I hurry before the Realtek driver comes back the speakers seems to work! But once the Realtek audio speakers comes back, the default speakers and headphones goes
    away and I continue to have the same problem with the Realtek driver.

I attempted to reformat the computer with windows 10 and erase all drivers but Realtek was already installed. I assume it is required for this specific laptop? Any ideas on how to direct the Reaktek High Definition Audio driver to use the speakers instead of
    the auxiliary jack?

Thanks for the help and let me know if there is any more information that you guys need.

http://i.gyazo.com/34cb4f30b73b8227fbe004549ed15e9f.png

http://i.gyazo.com/05b38de1c8fc1fc0e03aab5f23d52b9b.png

thjoseph, Feb 27, 2019
  3. No sound from desktop front jack headphones or microphone

There was no sound at all but after uninstalling the AMD High Definition Audio Device and RealTek High Definition Audio drivers in Device Manager>Sound there was sound from the rear jack external speakers but not the front jack.

By right clicking on the sound icon>Playback devices, I get the rear external speaker displayed but I can't get the headphones to do so when I right click and click show disabled or disconnected devices.

I've also gone into Control Panel>Sound>RealTek Audio Device, but I can't see how to add the speakers and mic.

Suggestions gratefully appreciated.

StephenfromChch, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Nexu Win User

Realtek High Definition Audio - no sound on speaker, got sound via Headphone Jack!

No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269

Sometime during the March updates the Windows Update completely broke my laptop system (Acer Aspire 5820TG - 424G50Mn). I ignored it for a long time due to lack of spare time until I saw a few days ago that Redstone 5 was available for download and now I finally have some time to take care of my laptop. I decided to perform a clean install of Insider Preview on my SSD.
    But now after the clean install I noticed my audio device isn't working as it should. I get sound out of the laptop speakers, but when I plug in my speaker or headphones in the audio jack, no sound comes out of it. The volume mixer tells me there is audio signal. The jack detection is working as the Realtek Audio Manager warns me (after I enabled it) when something gets plugged in or unplugged. It even correctly mutes the laptop speaker. But the just no actual sound coming out of the speakers/headphones.

OS Version 10.0.17758.1 (Win10 RS5 Insider Preview)

Device Description Realtek ALC269
    Device Description (Windows) Realtek High Definition Audio
    Device Type Audio
    Bus Type HDAUDIO
    Device ID 10EC-0269
    Subsystem ID 1025-035D
    Revision 1001
    Hardware ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_1025035D&REV_1001

Device Identifier Device Description
    midi-out.0 0001 001B Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
    mixer.0 0001 0068 Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
    mixer.1 0001 0068 Realtek Digital Output (Realtek
    mixer.2 0001 0068 Microphone (Realtek High Defini
    wave-in.0 0001 0065 Microphone (Realtek High Defini
    wave-out.0 0001 0064 Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
    wave-out.1 0001 0064 Realtek Digital Output (Realtek

It's not a hardware failure in anyway since the laptop and the sound system works PERFECTLY (sound out of laptop speaker, sound out of headphone/speaker when audio jack plugged in) if I boot up in Linux. Microphone jack does function properly in both Windows 10 and Linux.

I tried all kind of drivers, from laptop manufacturer, to Realtek's, to the ones in Windows Update Catalogue. Non of them seem to fix the issue

I tried various drivers:
    • 64-bits drivers offered for my laptop model on the Acer website
    • Generic 64-bits drivers offered on the Realtek website
    • Drivers offered on the Windows Update Catalogue
    Non of them helps fixing the issue of no sound coming out of the output jack.
    I know 100% that it's not a hardware issue since my Linux install are working fine. So that makes me believe it's either a driver issue (quite some people seem to have this problem as well with Realtek) or a Windows issue.

I really need some help to resolve this...

Thema:

Realtek High Definition Audio - no sound on speaker, got sound via Headphone Jack!

1. Realtek High Definition Audio - no sound on speaker, got sound via Headphone Jack! - Similar Threads - Realtek High Definition

2. Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio: I've been trying to get a HD audio for sometime now, and all i can do is nothing cause it seems like my laptop doesn't want me to move on. I now have Realtek Audio, instead of a HD one. Been trying to get a HD even trying to install multiple drivers to see if it works even...
  3. Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio: I've been trying to get a HD audio for sometime now, and all i can do is nothing cause it seems like my laptop doesn't want me to move on. I now have Realtek Audio, instead of a HD one. Been trying to get a HD even trying to install multiple drivers to see if it works even...
  4. No sound on laptop: "No speakers or headphones are plugged in" - Realtek audio driver "is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on laptop: "No speakers or headphones are plugged in" - Realtek audio driver "is...: Hi there,This issue randomly occurred at some point over the past week, potentially triggered by a Windows Update? Classic red X on the speaker icon in the bottom right. I am on a Dell laptop so all speakers are internal.I will list the symptoms and my attempted...
  5. My Sound Device Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Disappeared

My Sound Device Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Disappeared: Two days ago, I woke up and put my headset on, only to realize that there was no sound. I looked through my sound devices and realized that one was missing, that was the 'SpeakersRealtek High Definition Audio' device. Now whenever I plug in my headset, is no longer asks me...
  6. Audio High Definition Sound Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio High Definition Sound Not Working: How do I correct this problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-high-definition-sound-not-working/00f901ce-423d-44bc-bceb-668acdd27432
  7. No sound from Realtek High Definition Audio device

No sound from Realtek High Definition Audio device: Hi all, I'll try to tell the story from start to finish to provide all the detail possible. Originally, I used to use my old RIG headset on my computer using a spliter that was connected to my monitor and I had it in combination with some speakers connected to the...
  8. Realtek High Definition Sound Problem

Realtek High Definition Sound Problem: Hello ! I reinstalled my Windows 10 a week ago and since then my sound is not working good. I'm using Realtek High Definition driver and it worked good before. But since i reinstalled my Windows the sound is really bad. It has like a little echo and it's really annoying....
  9. No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269

No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269: Sometime during the March updates the Windows Update completely broke my laptop system (Acer Aspire 5820TG - 424G50Mn). I ignored it for a long time due to lack of spare time until I saw a few days ago that Redstone 5 was available for download and now I finally have some...
  10. Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound: Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have made sure that all the volumes are not muted. I did a troubleshoot on playing audio and it said low audio device volume...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound from headphone jack realtek

2. HP p6624y #3Hi Def Audio unplugged

3. realtek high definition audio no sounds

4. speakers realtek high definition audio not working in both speakers and headphones,
  5. asus rog laptop microphone volume low,
  6. download audio jack for speakers,
  7. realtek audio driver no sound rear speaker out,
  8. laptop speaker sounds weird,
  9. no sound via realtek,
  10. realtek audio speakers installed correctly but no sound,
  11. no sound from realtek speakers but headphones work laptop,
  12. realtek audio speaker no sound,
  13. no sound from speakers but sound from headphones,
  14. audio driver for windows 10 64-bit,
  15. hifi headphone realtek no audio