Windows 10: Realtek High Definition Audio Preventing sleep

Discus and support Realtek High Definition Audio Preventing sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Realtek is keeping my PC from sleeping. I read some of the other threads of people having the same issue but nothing I found helped or really seemed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CoreyAndersen, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Realtek High Definition Audio Preventing sleep

Realtek is keeping my PC from sleeping.

I read some of the other threads of people having the same issue but nothing I found helped or really seemed to find what their original problems were either. I have checked to make sure there are no updates to either the Realtek Driver or Windows. Both are on their most current version.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -requests

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

[DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18497893&REV_1003\4&6247a28&0&0001)

An audio stream is currently in use.

If I restart all my open media and communication programs it usually seems to clear this but I'm not sure what the root of the problem is to begin with. None of these programs were actively streaming any audio or video and had not been for at least six hours prior to the issue. My computer went to sleep last night just fine but was woken up in the middle of the night and this is what caused it to wake up and prevented it from sleeping again.

I've had issues with it sleeping for a while so I just started looking into it recently.

:)

CoreyAndersen, Nov 19, 2018

2. Realtek High Definition Audio not working

First of all, the Realtek High Definition Audio Device did not automatically reinstall after uninstalling and rebooting. I had to go into Add Legacy Software and select it to install. The Device Manager crashed while installing it, which it always does.
    Upon starting it up again, the Device is there, but with a warning sign next to it indicating it is not functional.

Second of all, when I did the rest of the steps, the Driver Manager told me specifically that the drivers for Realtek High Definition Audio Device are up to date.

Thank you for trying to help so far btw

ZeussApelflauge, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Sharif-4 Win User
    Realtek High Definition Audio - Preventing system from automatically sleeping

Okay...so after I left my computer on and left forgetting it doesn't auto sleep, it just did.

I think trying this instead did the trick

powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "Realtek High Definition Audio" SYSTEM.

but this is not a solution but rather just hiding it

I am still open to any response to actually solving it

Edit

Weirdly it never went to sleep after that, tested it out today as well when I went to grocery store and left the computer on

Sharif-4, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Realtek High Definition Audio Preventing sleep

Realtek High Definition Audio

Download a newer version of the driver from the realtek website, install it and check if the sound comes back.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

If not, uninstall the realtek Driver by:

• Open device manager
    • Sound Video and Game controllers
    • Right click realtek high definition audio device and select uninstall driver software
    • Make sure the checkbox "Delete the device software for this device is checked"
    Check if it helps.Do reply back with the results.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Realtek High Definition Audio Preventing sleep

1. Realtek High Definition Audio Preventing sleep - Similar Threads - Realtek High Definition

2. Realtek High Definition Audio disappeared?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Realtek High Definition Audio disappeared?: Hello! When I went on my pc today, all my sound devices worked fine both of my monitors had audio and so did my headphones. Then suddenly my pc didn't detect my headphones or my second monitor. I looked in the device manager to see if something was wrong and I noticed the...
  3. Realtek High Definition Audio disappeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek High Definition Audio disappeared?: Hello! When I went on my pc today, all my sound devices worked fine both of my monitors had audio and so did my headphones. Then suddenly my pc didn't detect my headphones or my second monitor. I looked in the device manager to see if something was wrong and I noticed the...
  4. Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio: I've been trying to get a HD audio for sometime now, and all i can do is nothing cause it seems like my laptop doesn't want me to move on. I now have Realtek Audio, instead of a HD one. Been trying to get a HD even trying to install multiple drivers to see if it works even...
  5. Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio: I've been trying to get a HD audio for sometime now, and all i can do is nothing cause it seems like my laptop doesn't want me to move on. I now have Realtek Audio, instead of a HD one. Been trying to get a HD even trying to install multiple drivers to see if it works even...
  6. Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Realtek High Definition Audio missing

Realtek High Definition Audio missing: I am having trouble with realtek: when i plug headphones, they sound is VERY low, only the laptop speakers workfine. I looked online for a solution,tried to manually isntall the drivers, but Realtek never ends up showing on the task bar, nor in device manager. Also i tried to...
  8. Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek High Definition Audio: I uninstalled realtek high definition audio from under the "sound video and audio controllers" section of the device manager. when i restarted my computer i was told it would re appear with refreshed drivers but instead its not showing up at all. i really need help in...
  9. Realtek High Definition Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio: I uninstalled by mistake “Realtek High Definition Audio” out of my Windows 10. So it no longer appears in Device Manager. How could I put it back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-high-definition-audio/3c4e9f23-6ed9-4f8f-bda7-3f751f4e4f16
  10. Realtek High Definition Audio issues

Realtek High Definition Audio issues: Alright... here we go Earlier today i was having some audio issues and after messing around with the settings for a while i thought it would be a good idea to just remove the device through the sound control panel and when i went to do that it asked me if i would like to go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek driver not letting my pc sleep or shut down

2. HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18497893&REV_1003

3. realtek audio driver prevents sleep

4. realtek high definition audio preventing sleep,
  5. realtek audio driver preventing sleep,
  6. realtek high definition audio driver sleep,
  7. windows 10 realtek driver preventing sleep,
  8. realtek driver preventing windows 10 sleep