Windows 10: RealTek Manager & Drivers missing.

Discus and support RealTek Manager & Drivers missing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. Using Dell Latitude windows 10. I went to RealTek site: http://www.realtek.com/downloads/dow...&GetDown=false Installed Realtek 64bits... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tomx2, Jan 22, 2016.

1. tomx2 Win User

RealTek Manager & Drivers missing.

Hi.
    Using Dell Latitude windows 10.

I went to RealTek site:
    http://www.realtek.com/downloads/dow...&GetDown=false
    Installed Realtek 64bits drivers.

After a successful install and restart, I still do not see Realtek Manager or Drivers.
    In Device Manager:
    Audio Inputs & Outputs:
    Speaker High Definition\Properties\Microsoft Driver 10.0.10586.0. Dated10-29-2015.

Sound Video & Game Controller\Microsoft:
    High Definition Audio Device\Microsoft Driver 10.0.10586.0. Dated 10-29-2015
    Intel(R) Display Audio\Intel Corporation\ Driver 6.16.0.3154 Dated 9-9-2014

RealTek could not be found in Control Panel search.
    Did not find RealTek in System Tray or Startup.

Question:
    Not sure (if/when) I installed Intel(R). Did Intel(R) come with Windows 10 build?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    TC.

:)

tomx2, Jan 22, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

Media stuttering resulting in BSOD

Hi, The driver that appears to be causing the crash is the rtwlane.sys which is a driver for the Realtek wireless. According to the System Information you provided the present driver version for the Realtek wireless is 2023.54.331.2017 Try updating to
    the latest version available from Realtek (2023.56.0502.2017): Realtek If you still have issues after updating the driver can you determine the version
    that are available from the Device Manager: In the Device Manager expand "Network adapters" and right-click the Realtek wireless adapter > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer What
    is listed under Model (with "Show compatible hardware" "checked") ? What are the versions listed?

auggy, Jan 22, 2016
  3. Realtek High Definition Audio

Download a newer version of the driver from the realtek website, install it and check if the sound comes back.

Realtek

If not, uninstall the realtek Driver by:

• Open device manager
    • Sound Video and Game controllers
    • Right click realtek high definition audio device and select uninstall driver software
    • Make sure the checkbox "Delete the device software for this device is checked"
    Check if it helps.Do reply back with the results.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 22, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

Realtek did not install. HIgh Defintion Audio Device is the generic, basic function, Windows installed sound driver. It is installed if the hardware drivers (e.g. Realtek) are not found. Are you sure you have Realtek? What Model Dell Latitude do you have?

The Intel Display Audio is for HDMI audio.

fireberd, Jan 23, 2016
  5. tomx2 Win User
    @fireberd.
    I have a Dell Latitude E5530 non-vProX64 based PC. Windows 10.
    If you check my link above, it will go to the RealTek.com Download Webpage. I selected 64bits.

TC.

tomx2, Jan 23, 2016
  6. TeeJay3800, Jan 23, 2016
  7. tomx2 Win User
    @TeeJay3800.
    I went toMicrosoft Update Catalog as you instructed.
    There are 38pages on MUC referencing “RealTek”.
    Since I neverhad Realtek installed, I'm not sure which RealTek audio Drivers Ineed.
    I would like tohave RealTek Audio Manager installed on my Dell E5530 model.

I also have aDell Xps13 laptop using “RealTek HW Auto Codec” drivers thatworks perfect.
    But I cannotfind anything on the net listing RealTek drivers compatible to DellE5530.
    Do you have anyidea, how I can identify the correct ReralTek driver(s) for my model.

Thanks.
    TC.

tomx2, Jan 23, 2016
  8. fireberd Win User

According to the Dell downloads you have IDT Audio and NOT Realtek and the reason it is not installing.
    Here is the link to the IDT audio driver download on the Dell site.
    Product Support | Dell US

fireberd, Jan 23, 2016
  9. Ripper Win User
    In that case, you are lucky IMO. I have just spent a couple of weeks trying to prevent the Realtek driver from automatically installing on my desktop. The Microsoft driver takes up less resources and sounds much better. The Realtek driver has a very annoying and distracting habit, on my machine at least, to halve the volume on louder sections of music. The only way I can describe it is like an automatic level control, that can't be switched off, except that during following quieter sections of the track, the volume doesn't come back up.

If you really must have this piece of rubbish on your machine, on the underside you should see a sticky label with a service code on it. Go to the Dell support site and search for your machine by entering the code. All the proper drivers and software should then be offered to you for download.

Ripper, Jan 23, 2016
  10. fireberd Win User
    Ripper, I have linked the user to the correct Dell download, for the IDT sound driver. You didn't read my post.

fireberd, Jan 23, 2016
  11. Ripper Win User
    Apologies for that fireberd.

Ripper, Jan 23, 2016
  12. If you click the link in my post, it takes you directly to the latest version. There will be two options, the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions. It includes the HD Audio Manager that you mentioned you are seeking.

TeeJay3800, Jan 23, 2016
  13. tomx2 Win User

@fireberd.
    I did previously see this IDT Delldriver using my service tag.
    I was still unsure if Realtek didn'tsupport Dell E5530 model.
    There was a post in the Dell Communityforum stating, Dell switched from
    IDT to Realtek as their audio vendor(see link below posted from Jimco).

http://en.community.dell.com/support...517/t/19650610

I'll probably use IDT drivers if the Microsoft Catalog drivers(suggested to me) fail.

@TeeJay3800.
    Yes,I did see the 2 Audio drivers. I just wanted to verify with you.
    I'llgive it a shot, but fireberd maybe right, I only have one option touse IDT audio drivers for Dell E5530.

@Ripper.
    Ihear your frustration. My experience using RealTek audio on my XPS 13model delivered different results. The sound was clear and sharp with MP3's having no audio distortions.

Thanksto everybody for your assistance.
    TC.

tomx2, Jan 23, 2016
  14. fireberd Win User
    Dell has used multiple vendors at different times over the years. I've been a member of the Dell forums since 2002 and am still listed as one of their "rockstars". However, if a PC has, for example IDT sound hardware chip, then the IDT driver must be used (the generic basic function High Definition is an alternate but doesn't provide full functionality). Dell has a compatible driver for this model (8.1 drivers are 10 compatible).

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. RealTek Manager & Drivers missing. - Similar Threads - RealTek Manager Drivers

2. Realtek Audio Driver is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Driver is missing: I recently reinstalled Windows 11. After manually installing all of my motherboard's drivers, I realized the Realtek Audio Driver was not installing properly. It appears in Installed Apps and in File Explorer, but it does not appear in Device Manager or Task Manager or...
  3. Realtek Audio Driver is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Driver is missing: I recently reinstalled Windows 11. After manually installing all of my motherboard's drivers, I realized the Realtek Audio Driver was not installing properly. It appears in Installed Apps and in File Explorer, but it does not appear in Device Manager or Task Manager or...
  4. Missing Realtek Drivers- no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Realtek Drivers- no sound: Hello2 days ago my sound works perfectly. Yesterday i launched my computer as usual but my sound in headphones not work. I opened Device Menager to try update Drivers but i don't see Realtek drivers. I also tried to download and install it manually from thier site but when i...
  5. Realtek audio driver missing in device management and computer issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio driver missing in device management and computer issues: So on Friday night, I turn on my pc then I realize there’s no audio. My speakersRealtek high definition audio is no longer in my sounds tab, and Realtek audio is no longer in my device manager. I’ve tried deleting Realtek then downloading it again but it does not show in...
  6. Realtek audio driver missing in device management and computer issues

Realtek audio driver missing in device management and computer issues: So on Friday night, I turn on my pc then I realize there’s no audio. My speakersRealtek high definition audio is no longer in my sounds tab, and Realtek audio is no longer in my device manager. I’ve tried deleting Realtek then downloading it again but it does not show in...
  7. Realtek audio driver missing in device management and computer issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Realtek Drivers Missing

Realtek Drivers Missing: Hi allPlease help. I've read a lot of threads on the community looking for solutions to this question but none seem to work for me.I have a Lenovo Yoga 730-13IWL. Motherboard is Lenovo LNVNB161216Running Windows 10I was silly and followed some online advice to use an external...
  9. Reinstalled Realtek drivers, Audio Manager missing

Reinstalled Realtek drivers, Audio Manager missing: Version10.0.19042 Build 19042 So I have this odd issue i uninstalled my Realtek drivers, i wanted to be able to listen through my headphones and speakers at the same time, And when i plugged in my headphones for the first time it was working until the Audio Manager popped up...
  10. Realtek Audio Manager Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio Manager Missing: I'm losing my mind, I cannot find this stupid thing and without it my audio and mic won't work. I have gone to the Gigabyte's website and found the drivers, downloaded and installed but nothing happens. It does not appear in my control panel. I cannot search it in my start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Speaker High Definition\Properties\Microsoft Driver 10.0.10586.0. Dated10-29-2015.