Windows 10: Realtek/Mic Support from someone who Needs Help (Very Dumb)

Discus and support Realtek/Mic Support from someone who Needs Help (Very Dumb) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! This is my first, and likely only time, posting on a forum site like this, but I'm very much running out of options. I want to start by saying I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ravencapri, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Realtek/Mic Support from someone who Needs Help (Very Dumb)

Hello! This is my first, and likely only time, posting on a forum site like this, but I'm very much running out of options. I want to start by saying I am not very tech savvy, and attempts to read through issues similar to mine only provided a rough idea of what I should do, but unable to really figure out anything for myself.

Here's the story: about two weeks ago, for no complete reason, my mic was not working. I regularly join calls and can attest it was working fine the night before. Granted, my headphones are old, so I assumed it had just died and shrugged it off for the time. I settled for calling on my phone that day, but eventually reached out and got a new headset from my brother. This... is when I noticed something was weird, because this was a good pair of headphones, the real like, gaming type. And the mic still wasn't connecting.

Playing around in settings revealed the mic input wasn't showing up for some reason, and I turned in forum pages to figure it out. The general thing I could understand was this: uninstall and reinstall Realtek, the audio driver I was using, and then I would get what I needed. So I did that, and this is where I'm very scared I might have messed something up. I had to restart the computer a fair amount of times to even get it to reinstall, and then... I just wasn't see the pop up message for the audio driver. Like, at all. Again, I look up what I should do, and it tells me to go to 'advanced' settings-- settings I don't have, for some reason, until I find out I need a more advanced version of the Realtek driver. So I do that, and still no luck, even when I've selected the little box saying give me the pop up.

I'm not very good with this stuff, so looking at long lines of numbers and text of different versions or figuring out what I would need to install from here is confusing. And more importantly, I don't want to potentially mess this up more that I might have already.

Realtek/Mic Support from someone who Needs Help (Very Dumb) [​IMG]

Realtek/Mic Support from someone who Needs Help (Very Dumb) [​IMG]

These are the two Realtek drivers I have right now, I guess. The second one (I hope it shows up second; if not, it's the one with no recording option) was the more recent one, and the one that allows 'Advanced' settings. I do get a pop up about Windows not being up to date, but I already checked with my settings and mad sure I got the update, yet I'm still being told that.

I know I'm probably leaving out some more helpful information, but again, this is just not my area of expertise and I would appreciate if anyone could help me with my problem, as well as being prepared that you might have to hold my hand. If there's anything else you would need to help understand my problem, let me know! And thank you so much!!

:)

ravencapri, Dec 18, 2020

2. Mic issue with Realtek

Recently I have had an issue with my new build that my microphone barely picks anything up. it only started doing this today.

Uninstalling Realtek HD Audio made my mic work loud and clear, however I still need Realtek drivers for several other purposes(because i have 2 speakers and the Realtek control panel helps a lot)

I have used Google and found tons of other people having issues with Realtek and mics.

Are there any Realtek settings that could be messing with my mic and is there a way to make my mic work without having to completely uninstall realtek drivers?

I have an Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard. 1 speaker connected in rear panel and headset and mic connected through front panel.

AscendantEV, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Mic issue with Realtek

Hi,

I would suggest you to first check if the MIC is set as the default device. Right click on the volume bar in the notification area and then click on 'recording' devices. In the recording tab, right click in the MIC and click 'Set as Default' and then check. If
    the issue still persists, I would suggest run the Audio troubleshooter and check. Press Windows key +X and then click on 'Control panel'. Click on 'Troubleshooting' and then click on the 'Audio troubleshooter' Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Dec 18, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Realtek/Mic Support from someone who Needs Help (Very Dumb)

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Realtek/Mic Support from someone who Needs Help (Very Dumb)

1. Realtek/Mic Support from someone who Needs Help (Very Dumb) - Similar Threads - Realtek Mic Support

2. Windows Support Escalation to Someone Who Can Actually Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Support Escalation to Someone Who Can Actually Help: After a windows update on November 15th my Surface 3 stopped accessing the monitors plugged into my SSK SC200 hub. The system could see them, but nothing appeared on the monitors. The first 'agent' I chatted with did something that allowed me to see my monitors again. But the...
  3. Windows Support Escalation to Someone Who Can Actually Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Support Escalation to Someone Who Can Actually Help: After a windows update on November 15th my Surface 3 stopped accessing the monitors plugged into my SSK SC200 hub. The system could see them, but nothing appeared on the monitors. The first 'agent' I chatted with did something that allowed me to see my monitors again. But the...
  4. is there someone here who can help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there someone here who can help me: my microsoft account was logout from my windows and I did lost all of my files and apps that were on my desctop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-someone-here-who-can-help-me/cd4b132b-ab59-4317-85d5-4e01c5162392
  5. is there someone here who can help me

is there someone here who can help me: my microsoft account was logout from my windows and I did lost all of my files and apps that were on my desctop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-someone-here-who-can-help-me/cd4b132b-ab59-4317-85d5-4e01c5162392
  6. need help from someone please hurry!!

need help from someone please hurry!!: hello!I’ve already looked this up on windows website about this but it didn’t have an answer I was looking for because it wasn’t working on my laptop. I have had my laptop for and I forgot my pin number so I changed it but the change didn’t go through I guess I don’t know...
  7. Need help with mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with mic: Both Zoom and WebEx calls are not detecting my mic, I checked for every update and tried restarting my PC but nothing has helped, any advice? submitted by /u/gprencipe63 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5pm2l/need_help_with_mic/
  8. Can't update to 20H2 and and microsoft support aren't very helpful, can someone help?

Can't update to 20H2 and and microsoft support aren't very helpful, can someone help?: I'm running windows 10 "2004" version on a modern laptop I bought this summer, installed all the drivers, updated to its latest bios, but whatever I do I can't update to 20H2. When I restart to update, it gets to 30%, then the laptop restarts, then it runs an automatic repair...
  9. Looking for help from someone who knows BCDEDIT very well

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looking for help from someone who knows BCDEDIT very well: I won't bore you with the lengthy details of what I am trying to accomplish, but the short version is that I am trying to recreate a very specific BCD file from scratch. Specifically, I want to create duplicates of 2 BCD files that are found on a Windows 10 Consumer Edition...
  10. Need help from someone who knows about network connections

Need help from someone who knows about network connections: I need help from someone who knows what they’re doing when it comes to pc and setting up networks I have recently moved to a smaller home and upon setting up my pc and plugging in my Ethernet cable I find there is no network connection, iv tried heaps to try and get this to...