Windows 10: realtek microphone no longer appearing on my laptop.

Discus and support realtek microphone no longer appearing on my laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am not sure why this is happening, but the built in microphone to my laptop is no longer appearing. what i mean by this is, at first i thought it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bigxh, May 31, 2020.

1. bigxh Win User

realtek microphone no longer appearing on my laptop.

I am not sure why this is happening, but the built in microphone to my laptop is no longer appearing. what i mean by this is, at first i thought it wasnt working, but when i went to check settings, the microphone did not appear as an option. it also doesnt show in any other directory, like the device manager or the sound tab. what could have caused this? how can i fix it? i have no other mic and i dont want to buy one.

:)

bigxh, May 31, 2020
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, May 31, 2020
  3. Realtek Not Recognizing a Microphone

My windows 10 laptop s not recognizing my desktop microphone. Realtek doesn't even come up with a microphone check box when i plug it in, only headset, headphones, and output speakers.

Jakab Loomis, May 31, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, May 31, 2020
Thema:

1. realtek microphone no longer appearing on my laptop. - Similar Threads - realtek microphone longer

2. My internal microphone in my HP laptop is no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internal microphone in my HP laptop is no longer working: It happened after I plugged in an old microphone. It didn't work so I threw it away and now my laptop seems to be looking for it instead of using the internal microphone. My laptop is almost 4 years old and an HP. Windows 11 and Edge Browser. Not sure if problem is Windows,...
  3. My internal microphone in my HP laptop is no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internal microphone in my HP laptop is no longer working: It happened after I plugged in an old microphone. It didn't work so I threw it away and now my laptop seems to be looking for it instead of using the internal microphone. My laptop is almost 4 years old and an HP. Windows 11 and Edge Browser. Not sure if problem is Windows,...
  4. Realtek Microphone Array?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Microphone Array?: Okay, so. I'm using an Acer Nitro 5, specific model AN515-55. I'm trying to only use my headset's microphone, but there's no option. Only the Microphone Array, which I'd rather not use, alongside my headset being detected as headphones. The only option to change things around...
  5. The microphone button on my laptop no longer works.

The microphone button on my laptop no longer works.: Hello! So, I have a problem with the microphone button on my laptop. To be clear, my microphone still works. The button is just useless. Example, On discord, there is the option to mute your microphone by clicking the button at the bottom left corner. But that only mutes for...
  6. Realtek Microphone

Realtek Microphone: My Realtek microphone is causing sporadic brief interrupts when I am speaking. Is there any setting that I can adjust? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-microphone/c062790c-d1d2-4d58-b13a-d686f7da33e0
  7. RealTek Microphone

RealTek Microphone: Hi, I have a serious issue with the Microphone. When I plug in headphones or earphones, the microphone works and detects everything. But when I have not plugged in anything, i.e. my PC's inbuilt mic, the microphone doesn't work in any app except for the camera app. Windows...
  8. Microphones are no longer detected on laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphones are no longer detected on laptop: Since mid-May this year, my laptop has stopped recognizing microphones, built-in or external. I regularly used earphones with a built-in microphone for online meetings on my laptop via Webex, Zoom, Teams, until sometime around May 17th when I realized the issue. I tried...
  9. Microphone not recognised by Realtek

Microphone not recognised by Realtek: I recently acquired a headset, but cannot get the mic to work. I have tested it in another device, and the mic works fine. I have tested other headsets on mh laptop, but to no avail I have a single headset jack on my laptop, and am running Realtek HD Audio drivers in...
  10. Realtek Microphone Driver.

Realtek Microphone Driver.: I have been looking for months for a microphone and had just purchased one recently and the thing has not cooperated with me one bit. I have set it to default device and still the problem persists. I suspect that it is a problem with the drive because the microphone is new...