Windows 10: Realtek Network Driver + All USB Audio devices = Audio Stutter

Discus and support Realtek Network Driver + All USB Audio devices = Audio Stutter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having audio stutter/micro-dropout ever since I built my Ryzen PC. Long story short, I have found that having a Realtek Network driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Quexos, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Quexos Win User

Realtek Network Driver + All USB Audio devices = Audio Stutter

I've been having audio stutter/micro-dropout ever since I built my Ryzen PC. Long story short, I have found that having a Realtek Network driver installed (all of them from 2017-now) and playing audio with any USB based device causes it. Switching to the default MS Windows driver seems to "fix" the audio stutter. Using onboard Realtek Audio does not stutter.

My usb audio devices:
    1. FocusriteScarlett 2i4
    2. Plantronics 515HD headset
    3. Asus Xonar SE PCIe soundcard (has C-Media USB2.0 6620A Sound Processor + Realtek S1220A DAC via Asmedia ASM1142 3.1 USB Controller). Yep, even my PCIe sound card is USB and stutters over the optical/SPDIF connection to my receiver!

All those devices stutter during network activity, but onboard Realtek ALC892 audio does not. Listening to music while browsing the web, playing an online game, watching a youtube video, Hell, just listening to music while Windows does it's sneaky thing in the background.

I guess just using the default Windows driver can be considered a fix...but I am sure I'll find a problem with that soon. Bad network performance, bittorrent crashing when too many connections made (experienced that a long time ago with other network drivers).

So, does anyone know which of the million and two settings in the advanced tab of the Realtek card's device manger settings are safe or recommended to disable? Which ones might cause little CPU spikes or interference somehow with USB so I could use them without usb audio stuttering?

:)

Quexos, Nov 3, 2020

2. Realtek Audio Stuttering Issues

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspirion Desktop. Occasionally I will get multiple issues with audio stuttering / glitching on things like mp3 files, youtube videos, mp4 videos, etc. anything to do with multimedia.

The audio stuttering occurs only when connected to RealTek Audio devices (such as headphones / speakers) but when I have my Scarlet 2i2 Focusrite Interface plugged in I have no issues at all.

I've especially noticed a frequency of stuttering issues after the latest Windows 10 update on Realtek.

I have tried updating drivers & uninstalling / reinstalling them to no success.

I also have tried connecting external speakers that only use Realtek Audio and they also stutter and freeze during audio playback.

At first I thought it was my computer itself but looking at various other problems it looks like the finger has to be pointed at Realtek audio.

Trouble shooter only fixes the problem temporarily

I have looked up this problem countless times and haven't found a reasonable solution yet. Everybody just says update drivers but I have already done that over and over again without success.

If anyone can provide any suggestions it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Cameron1391, Nov 3, 2020
  3. BENuggets Win User
    Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, Nov 3, 2020
  4. amaan07 Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

i didn't understand this step- 4. Install Realtek APO Driver through device manager, then using device manager update from Realtek APO Driver to the lastest offical realtek HD Audio
    which inf file i should choose when installing Realtel APO driver folder and there are many inf files in the Realtek official HD Audio. which file to choose?

amaan07, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Realtek Network Driver + All USB Audio devices = Audio Stutter - Similar Threads - Realtek Network Driver

2. realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    realtek audio driver: Hi I think my system got confused with what audio driver to use. Now it is using nvidia audio drivers which is not what I am meant to be using. The realtek audio driver is in view show hidden devices in device manager and the logo looks like this with the faded logo. Only...
  3. realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    realtek audio driver: Hi I think my system got confused with what audio driver to use. Now it is using nvidia audio drivers which is not what I am meant to be using. The realtek audio driver is in view show hidden devices in device manager and the logo looks like this with the faded logo. Only...
  4. Realtek Audio and all device audio is transmitting audio, but very quiet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek Audio and all device audio is transmitting audio, but very quiet: I've been looking for a solution to this for a while. When I call on anything, my audio is very very quiet. I've tried sound settings and I really don't know what to do. When I look at my microphone and the bar that shows how much audio is being transmitted, it shows, but it...
  5. Realtek audio driver or device bug~

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek audio driver or device bug~: A couple months ago my audio was working fine but suddenly after updating my device my audio started having a weird problem. When I would try to listen to a video my audio would be normal then say "no audio output device is installed but then go back to normal. Is there...
  6. realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    realtek audio driver: my realtek is not working properly.even when i use wired earphones, sound still comes from laptop speakers. my version is 6.0.1.8622,and when i try to update it from device manager it says - windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed....
  7. Realtek Audio device/drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio device/drivers: After a shut down or restart I have to go into device manager and uninstall the Realtek Audio device/drivers and reinstall them for my sound to work. Anyone know the cause and solution for this?...
  8. Realtek Audio Drivers . . .

Realtek Audio Drivers . . .: My computer, is a Dell Laptop. Running Windows 10 pro 64 bit. I have, Realtek Audio Drivers, installed. They're, real nice. I have, external speakers, And, ear buds. It has a, built-in equalizer. But, earlier today. I wasn't, hearing anything. The, only thing, I was hearing....
  9. Realtek Audio Drivers :'(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio Drivers :'(: I recently bought a new XPS13 2020 model, but it came pre installed with Realtek Audio Drivers. I hate them. The audio enhancement tab is gone. Life is hard. Whenever I try to uninstall them through the device manager, I reboot, and they reappear just like magic. I just want...
  10. Realtek Audio Stuttering Issues

Realtek Audio Stuttering Issues: Hello, I have a Dell Inspirion Desktop. Occasionally I will get multiple issues with audio stuttering / glitching on things like mp3 files, youtube videos, mp4 videos, etc. anything to do with multimedia. The audio stuttering occurs only when connected to RealTek Audio...