Windows 10: realtek not detecting headphones after being plugged in

Discus and support realtek not detecting headphones after being plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a dell laptop and after a windows 10 update, realtek is not detecting my headphones when plugged in. Before, I would receive a notification... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lilies15, Jun 18, 2019.

1. lilies15 Win User

realtek not detecting headphones after being plugged in

I have a dell laptop and after a windows 10 update, realtek is not detecting my headphones when plugged in. Before, I would receive a notification saying that a device was plugged in. Now nothing is showing up and no sound is coming from the headphones; only from the speakers even though the headphones are plugged in. I have tried troubleshooting, uninstalling and reinstalling realtek audio, and updating the driver, but the problem still persists.

:)

lilies15, Jun 18, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

We appreciate the update. You might be experiencing this issue because the driver is not detecting devices as they are plugged in. In line with this, we suggest that you check the Realtek settings and make sure that the
    Detect devices as they are plugged in option is enabled. These settings vary by manufacturer because Windows itself has no ability to control Realtek audio settings.

A corrupted user profile can also cause these issues. In line with this, we recommend that you create a new administrator account and try if you will experience if your headphones will work while on the new account. For steps on how to create a new administrator
    account, you may refer to the following link:
    Create a local user account in Windows 10

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

OK, so this happened to me on my laptop. It wanted to use the realtek drivers no matter what. Let me show you what to do.
    Step 1. Open the start menu and type 'Device Manager' in the search bar. Click on the result.

Step 2.
    realtek not detecting headphones after being plugged in [​IMG]
    You'll see this window appear.

Step 3.
    Expand the 'Sound , video and game controllers' category.

Step 4. Find 'Realtek High Definition Audio' in the list, then right click it and select Properties.

Step 5.
    Click on the 'Driver' tab near the top of the window.

Step 6.
    Now click on the button that says 'Roll back driver'.
    If the button is dimmed, make sure your Realtek drivers are currently installed.

Step 6. If you did it correctly, the system should ask you to restart to finish. If it does then you finished the tutorial correctly!
    Once restarted, Open device manager again using step 1. Expand the 'sound, video and game controllers' category again.

Step 7. If it says 'High Definition Audio Device' then you did it right. Here's a pic for example purposes:

ThatsNiceGuy, Jun 18, 2019
  4. realtek not detecting headphones after being plugged in

Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

realtek not detecting headphones after being plugged in

1. realtek not detecting headphones after being plugged in - Similar Threads - realtek detecting headphones

2. Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...: I suspect this may be a hardware problem since I opened up my PC to clean it and bumped the headphone jack cable where it connected to the motherboard, and there were no Windows updates or installations that happened that could be the culprit, however I did make sure the...
  3. Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...: I suspect this may be a hardware problem since I opened up my PC to clean it and bumped the headphone jack cable where it connected to the motherboard, and there were no Windows updates or installations that happened that could be the culprit, however I did make sure the...
  4. Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. headphones not being detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    headphones not being detected: I have a problem with my headphones where they are plugged into my pc, but they don't get detected. Sometimes it will work, but only for a few minutes before they disappear and audio starts playing out of my speakers. When I try to go back to change the output device, my...
  6. Headphones not being detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not being detected: I've recently had a problem with my new headphones' midrange sounding really unclear. Apparently, it's a common flaw in cheaper headphones. So I went ahead and ordered myself a new pair of headphones (it's on the way rn) But I noticed something before that, my headphones...
  7. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: My headphone jack wont detect any headphones being plugged into it. Ive tried my headphones on other computers so i know these work. When i plug them in i get Line In Realtek audio coming up as an input device but the headphones wont show up in output devices. Please...
  8. Headphones not being detected

Headphones not being detected: I am on a Windows 10 and my headphones were working perfectly fine yesterday but today it stopped working and I can only use speakers, I've tried fixing it and going through tutorials like going to Device Manager and other things but the device wasn't even there which is why...
  9. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: I've updated every audio related driver I can find and searched for help for literal days and I can't find a solution that works. This issue started one morning for seemingly no reason. There was no windows update or anything unless it was just a background one and all of a...
  10. Headphones not being detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not being detected: I'm kind of at my wits end with this problem. I tried several different computers, several different headphones, different combinations of headphones on computers, but all they have in common is that they run Windows 10. In all of these scenarios, when I plug my headphones...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek settings and make sure that the detect devices as they are plugged in option is enabled

2. lenovo realtek headphone jack not plugged in

3. realtek headphones plugged in but not detected