Windows 10: Realtek not supling 5.1 in drop down box

Discus and support Realtek not supling 5.1 in drop down box in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just installed the latest version of Windows 10 on a newly built computer, the Realtek audio drive wont give me 5.1 choice in the drop down box,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonJenkins2, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Realtek not supling 5.1 in drop down box

I've just installed the latest version of Windows 10 on a newly built computer, the Realtek audio drive wont give me 5.1 choice in the drop down box, only shows 2 channels on all outputs in the "Realtek Digital Output Properties" on the "Advanced" tab, where you have default Format. It just says eg; 2 channel 16 bit 48000Hz dvd Quality and all the others in the drop down. I have it set for optic fiber output

On my old computer, which is being decommissioned, has the 5.1 in the drop-down box.

I've tried up dating drivers, uninstalling and letting it reinstall itself, nothing seems to work.

Also have build 1909 and have gone to Gigabyte site and downloaded and installed the Realtek drivers for that build.

Can you help with this issue please

:)

DonJenkins2, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Gramps Win User

Internet connection dropping

I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Realtek not supling 5.1 in drop down box

Unable to access the operating system with Drop Box pop-up on Windows 10

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system with Drop Box pop-up on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you get the pop-up of Drop Box on your device?

I suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode with Networking from Windows Recovery Environment, disable the startup service for Drop box and check if helps.

Step 1: Steps to boot the device in Safe mode with Networking.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Steps to disable Drop Box.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Startup
      tab, search for Drop Box.
    • Right click on it and click on Disable.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Realtek not supling 5.1 in drop down box

1. Realtek not supling 5.1 in drop down box - Similar Threads - Realtek supling drop

2. Deleting drop down box text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting drop down box text: It can't be this hard to get a straight answer from Microsoft or the community. I think my question is straightforward. Do you know those drop-down boxes you get when you log into various sites? They save your input. How do you stop them from saving your input information?...
  3. Deleting drop down box text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting drop down box text: It can't be this hard to get a straight answer from Microsoft or the community. I think my question is straightforward. Do you know those drop-down boxes you get when you log into various sites? They save your input. How do you stop them from saving your input information?...
  4. Deleting drop down box text

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. drop down boxes not clickable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drop down boxes not clickable: I recently upgraded to windows 11 and now when I right click something the window that drops down is not clickable. And when I went to restart the computer I could click on the power icon but the options that came up where not clickable either. So now I cannot shut down or...
  6. drop down boxes not clickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drop down boxes not clickable: I recently upgraded to windows 11 and now when I right click something the window that drops down is not clickable. And when I went to restart the computer I could click on the power icon but the options that came up where not clickable either. So now I cannot shut down or...
  7. THE DROP DOWN BOX

THE DROP DOWN BOX: Hi The drop down box to change from 24 to 12 hour does not work,it only gives one choice. Please can you help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-drop-down-box/4a1087a6-d9e8-49fb-be03-2995968a95f8
  8. Realtek not suppling 5.1 in drop down box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek not suppling 5.1 in drop down box: I've just installed the latest version of Windows 10 on a newly built computer, the Realtek audio drive wont give me 5.1 choice in the drop down box, only shows 2 channels on all outputs in the "Realtek Digital Output Properties" on the "Advanced" tab, where you have default...
  9. drop down auto fill boxes

drop down auto fill boxes: due to living in multiple places and having multiple people use the computer there are numerous names, addresses, email addresses, cities and zip codes in these autofill boxes....how do i permanately delete the ones already there and stop new ones from being saved...
  10. No stereo quality option for microphone in realtek drop down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No stereo quality option for microphone in realtek drop down: Hi, I use an ACER ASPIRE 4736Z laptop running on windows 10 32 bit OS.I have tried many versions of realtek and updated all my audio drivers but still i don't get the option studio quality for the microphone settings in realtek audio manager.Instead i get only CD and DVD...