Windows 10: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Can't uncheck "Allow the device to wake the computer"

Discus and support Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Can't uncheck "Allow the device to wake the computer" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm having issues with my Windows 10 PC waking by itself. I went to the Device Manager and found that the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by M22_Tanker, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Can't uncheck "Allow the device to wake the computer"

I'm having issues with my Windows 10 PC waking by itself. I went to the Device Manager and found that the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller box "Allow the device to wake the computer" is checked, but it's grayed out so I can't uncheck it. Can this controller be causing my PC to keep waking? If so, is there any way to uncheck the allow to wake box? I did do a search, but couldn't find a isolation.

:)

M22_Tanker, Apr 24, 2020

2. RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller not working

I searched for "Realtek pcie GBE controller" in the search box on this site and found this -

Windows 10 Ethernet bug (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller)

I tried the last suggestion and it worked for me.

PapaEchoUK, Apr 24, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    WOL realtek pcie gbe family controller

These are my driver properties:

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Can't uncheck "Allow the device to wake the computer" [​IMG]

This is the advanced driver properties I get with the above driver:

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Can't uncheck "Allow the device to wake the computer" [​IMG]

These are my power settings for wake on lan:

NavyLCDR, Apr 24, 2020
  4. JonGroves Win User

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Can't uncheck "Allow the device to wake the computer"

realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

In control panel, hardware and sound, pc, it is showing the troubleshoot warning triangle. Right clck and select troubleshoot and it tells me

"Problem detected with Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

I have checked in 'advanced' etc, the driver is listed as Microsoft 10/05/2013, 8.1.510.2013 which is says is up-to-date.

Is there really a problem and if so what do I need to do?

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings)

JonGroves, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Can't uncheck "Allow the device to wake the computer"

1. Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Can't uncheck "Allow the device to wake the computer" - Similar Threads - Realtek PCIe GBE

2. Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is reset by tx hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is reset by tx hang: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is reset by tx hang. I have this issue when ı play online based games. Its happens sometimes about 2-3 hour and sometimes 15 min. I got latest version of realtek driver also got windows 11 all updates included. I tried changing dns stuff and...
  3. Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is reset by tx hang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is reset by tx hang: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller is reset by tx hang. I have this issue when ı play online based games. Its happens sometimes about 2-3 hour and sometimes 15 min. I got latest version of realtek driver also got windows 11 all updates included. I tried changing dns stuff and...
  4. Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller - Unidentified Network Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller - Unidentified Network Issue: I have spent a great deal of time over the last few days trying to resolve a problem which prevented me from using the wired connection to my router. I followed all the advice available online which involved updating drivers, resetting IP stack etc etc. I also had two long...
  5. Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller: Device Manager, Network Adapter showing Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller. Ping also ok. But internet not connecting. Troubleshoot says cable is unpluged. Earlier it was working, but to power surge, it is not working. What could be the reason solution for that....
  6. Realtek GBE Family controller, Can't click to prevent wake

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Realtek GBE Family controller, Can't click to prevent wake: My PC keeps waking by itself. Realtek GBE Family controller is set to wake PC, but the box to click to stop that is greyed out so I can't change the setting. How can I disable it to prevent waking my PC?...
  7. Realtek PCIe Gbe Family controller driver problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek PCIe Gbe Family controller driver problem: Hi! I've a big problem that I had already solved but now... HERE WE GO AGAIN! I've a 1Gbit/s connection and I know that the ethernet cable and modem/routers are ok. The problem is: my LAN card can't reach the maximum speed due to its driver. In fact on linux, I reach...
  8. vLan on Realtek PCIe GBE Family

vLan on Realtek PCIe GBE Family: Looking to set up vLan on my Windows 10 machine so that I can keep my server iLO connection separate from the rest of the network traffic. I open up the network connections and select properties for my Realtek connection. Then hit configure and I should be able to see a vLan...
  9. WOL realtek pcie gbe family controller

WOL realtek pcie gbe family controller: So I want to use wakeup on lan. I have searched google for answers of how to do this. I have done the power options on the ethernet adapter in device manager and went into BIOS to allow WOL (I couldn't find the option). I am using this app called unified remote to wakeup my...
  10. realtek pcie gbe family controller win10 can't connect after upgrade

realtek pcie gbe family controller win10 can't connect after upgrade: hi i'm using genune windows 10 home(not pirated version) my default version of realtek pcie gbe family controller is 9.1.401.2015 .,i upgraded it to 10.8.311.2016 awhile ago after that i can't use lan on my laptop, when i rollback to my default version, it is fine again. can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek pcie gbe driver not working