Windows 10: Realtek PCIe Gigabit NIC connect/disconnect problem

Discus and support Realtek PCIe Gigabit NIC connect/disconnect problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Friend has a HP 110-230t CTO Desktop PC that has a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and a Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series 802.11n WiFi. The WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ztruker, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Ztruker Win User

Realtek PCIe Gigabit NIC connect/disconnect problem

Friend has a HP 110-230t CTO Desktop PC that has a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and a Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series 802.11n WiFi.

The WiFi works correctly but the Realtek NIC continually connects then disconnects.

I've uninstalled it then rebooted and let Win 10 reload the driver, no help.
    I downloaded and installed the original Windows 8 driver that came with this PC, no help.
    I then updated the driver from Device Manager, again no help.

I suspect a hardware failure in the Realtek chip but was wondering if anyone here had any other suggestions.

Since this el-cheapo PC (no power supply, uses laptop style external power adapter) has no expansion slots, I can't add a PCIe NIC so I've ordered a Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter (PC has only USB 2.0 ports, no USB 3.0) which should resolve the problem.

Any other ideas I should pursue? I'll have the USB adapter on the 27th.

:)

Ztruker, Sep 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Breaks Realtek PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter forcing 100Mbps instead 1Gbps

Two dead links unfortunately.

AS was stated in my original post, the drivers don't seem to be the issue, the issue is with Windows 10 and RealTek PCIe Adapters. I have gone through every available driver for that RealTek PCIe Gigabit Adapter, and still ALL Gigabit networks I plug into
    both computers display "100 Mbps" instead of "1 Gbps"

MatthewRitchie, Sep 25, 2018
  3. KPaq Win User
    Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E NIC Ethernet Adapter Driver does not work in Windows 10

Thanks for that post. The "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" was the key. I was able to do this a little simpler though. If you go into device manager, select the NIC that's causing the issue, go to properties, Update Driver,
    Browse Computer, Pick from list of drivers, then select the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Click Next and voila, it's perfect. No internet connection required (except of course to read this post).

4. Realtek PCIe Gigabit NIC connect/disconnect problem

Ethernet Connection Disconnects Randomly

I'm using a wired connection to my laptop and it disconnects randomly from about every 30 minutes to every 2 hours. I've already tested with different ethernet cables so that isn't the problem.

My computer is on Windows 10 and using the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

I've already tried updating the driver to the newest one on the Realtek website, and reverting to old ones. I have also tried disabling Green Ethernet, Energy Efficient Ethernet, changing the setting of Auto-disable Gigabit, and unchecking "turn off this
    device to save power"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

fluffycrater, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Realtek PCIe Gigabit NIC connect/disconnect problem

1. Realtek PCIe Gigabit NIC connect/disconnect problem - Similar Threads - Realtek PCIe Gigabit

2. Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: Hi I have been having a problem with my system restarting randomlyin event viewer the event was as stated The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly....
  3. RealTek PCIe Family Controller problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RealTek PCIe Family Controller problem: Since yesterday ive gotten abnormally low upload speeds 0.1 mbps even though my download speeds are very high around 200 mbps . It's not the LAN cable as I used a different one and the problem persisted. It's also not the internet connection as I plugged my xbox in and it had...
  4. RealTek PCIe Family Controller problem

RealTek PCIe Family Controller problem: Since yesterday ive gotten abnormally low upload speeds 0.1 mbps even though my download speeds are very high around 200 mbps . It's not the LAN cable as I used a different one and the problem persisted. It's also not the internet connection as I plugged my xbox in and it had...
  5. RealTek PCIe Family Controller problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: HelloI have been playing a game and sometimes when loading in my computer will BSOD and shut down unexpectedly. I have tried updating graphics drivers, using sfc /scannow for corrupted files, and running the windows memory diagnostic tool. I am now looking at the event...
  7. Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: Hello, Recently, I have been having problems with my computer shutting down into Power Save Mode when I am playing Call of Duty MW. I never had this issue before WITH THIS GAME and not sure why it's starting all of a sudden. I have experienced crashes in the past with one...
  8. windows 10 realtek pcie family problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 realtek pcie family problems: Al momento de utilizar mi internet por cable rj45 de generación 6 no me supera los 100mb de subida y de descarga, mi internet es de 250mb de descargas y 100 de subida, ya lo probé con otros computadores y si funciona, ya probé modificando la velocidad de vinculo en las...
  9. Realtek 8812BU 802.11ac USB NIC keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek 8812BU 802.11ac USB NIC keeps disconnecting: ive had it since february i think, over the past few days it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting at the most random times, id estimate at least every 5 minutes. its also sometimes very slow at around 20mbps when it should be 50 i tried using it with my laptop and it works...
  10. Realtek PCIE card reader problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek PCIE card reader problem: I have in the process of connecting a printer when I noticed that there was an exclamation mark on my laptop, Rea Card Reader has error, Problem with PNP devices and then proceeds to say that it is blocked by group policy Driver has been blocked from starting, known to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek 8111g problem disconnects

2. realtek gigabit nic not connecting

3. realtek pcie gbe family controller loses connection