Windows 10: Realtek(R) Audio doesn't work and strange driver behavior.

Discus and support Realtek(R) Audio doesn't work and strange driver behavior. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The laptop model in question is Acer aspire 3 A315-55G-5364 The audio at first seemed really low volume even at max levels and was pretty bad from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RaidGreg_86, May 22, 2020.

1. Realtek(R) Audio doesn't work and strange driver behavior.

The laptop model in question is Acer aspire 3 A315-55G-5364 The audio at first seemed really low volume even at max levels and was pretty bad from either speakers and headphones, also the audio manager recognizes only one device called "speakers" even when headphones are connected, so i tried to update the drivers with the ones on Acer website but results were no different.

Note that when i first bought it i forgot to check what driver it had in case windows messed it up with updates (i think this because the drivers that are installed automatically from windows update are called "Realtek(R) Audio" and the ones provided on Acer website specifically for this laptop are called "Realtek(R) High Definition Audio")

Fast forward two months the audio suddenly disappeared, and windows installed the same "Realtek(R) Audio" but doesn't work... it just crackles a bit but nothing. If i try uninstalling the drivers with the installation wizard a new device pops up called "High Definition Audio Device", this device is louder, sounds better, recognizes the headphones and has enhancements but just goes away after a reboot.

submitted by /u/RaidGreg_86
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RaidGreg_86, May 22, 2020
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, May 22, 2020
  3. Michal.M. Win User
    RealTek audio driver on windows 10 1709 doesn't work anymore

I have the same problem. After update 1709 sound doesn't work on my Asus x205ta. When i use latest RealTek audio drivers i have the following message in Device Manager:

Intel(R) Atom(TM)/Celeron(R)/Pentium(R) Processor Low Power Engine Audio - Host Bridge - 0F28

I've tried all steps listed in this topic - still nothing.

Michal.M., May 22, 2020
  4. JoeBoyka Win User

Realtek(R) Audio doesn't work and strange driver behavior.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everything is working *Smile Realtek(R) Audio doesn't work and strange driver behavior. :)

JoeBoyka, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Realtek(R) Audio doesn't work and strange driver behavior.

1. Realtek(R) Audio doesn't work and strange driver behavior. - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio doesn't

2. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...
  3. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...
  4. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I want to replace "Realtek R Audio' drivers with 'Realtek High Definition Audio' drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to replace "Realtek R Audio' drivers with 'Realtek High Definition Audio' drivers: My current Audio Drivers is 'Realtek R Audio'. My problem here is that I've tried uninstalling 'Realtek R Audio' and tried installing 'Realtek High Definition Audio' from the Realtek website and it doesn't seem to replace it. It just keeps it as 'Realtek R Audio'. I tried...
  6. My realtek r audio driver is not working .

My realtek r audio driver is not working .: I have to shut down my device and then plug my earphones then it works , but if i unplug when the laptop is switched on and then plug it it will not work . i have to restart my device to do that . I have checked it in driver updates and in the windows updates also but still...
  7. Realtek(r) Audio Drivers Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek(r) Audio Drivers Help: I recently downloaded Clownfish Voice Changer which made my microphone incredibly quiet and upon researching I found out that I needed to reinstall my Realtek Audio Drivers. I followed a tutorial I found but it didn't work, I just heard a popping noise from my headset and...
  8. Realtek (R) Audio

Realtek (R) Audio: Hey guys, so I have a problem with my sound and microphone. Everytime I use my mic my friends can hear my game sound and it's really annoying. (Echo) There's also a missing sound enhancement. Now I can't even hear anything and I don't know how to change Realtek (R) Audio to...
  9. Realtek R Audio not working

Realtek R Audio not working: Actually there was a horn sound from nowhere from yesterday when i started using Zoom. From then this problem is a lot, but when all the driversRealtek speaker, microphone and stereo mix microphone and stereo mix speaker were uninstalled. After restarting the computer,...
  10. Realtek(R) Audio?

Realtek(R) Audio?: Hello, I just purchased a new Laptop(Acer Aspire 3)and I open it and start to intall my usual software, and uninstall crappy programs etc. I would play some music in Aimp4, and then for the first time, I see and listened to Realtek(R) Audio. It only supports 16bit 44khz...