Windows 10: Realtek R Audio Speakers and Headphones not working

Discus and support Realtek R Audio Speakers and Headphones not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So today i did a Support assist update on my Dell G3 15 laptop, it all went fine and after i ended up with no sound in my headphones and speakers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stachu., Feb 17, 2021.

1. Stachu. Win User

Realtek R Audio Speakers and Headphones not working

So today i did a Support assist update on my Dell G3 15 laptop, it all went fine and after i ended up with no sound in my headphones and speakers Realtek R Audio. The only way i can hear audio is if i connect my bluetooth earphones, they work, but my laptop speakers and usual headphones dont.

:)

Stachu., Feb 17, 2021
  2. JaneCao1 Win User

Speaker/Headphone (Realtek(R) Audio) is displayed even when headphone is not plugged in and headphone can't be recognized

Recently my computer always displays "Speaker/Headphone (Realtek(R) Audio)" even when my headphone is not plugged in. When I try to do so, the sound still comes out of the computer not the headphone. Anyone knows how to fix this case?

JaneCao1, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Realtek R Audio Speakers and Headphones not working

Audio: Headphones/Speaker only work when computer reset a certain way

Hi. I have a laptop with Windows 10. My audio driver is the Realtek High Def Audio(SST). I'm uncertain when the problem started but it's been going on for awhile. My laptop speaker won't work if the computer is restarted with headphones plugged in. Only the headphones will have any audio. And vice versa, if the laptop is restarted with nothing plugged in, only the speakers work. Even after plugging the headphones in. I've gone through the audio troubleshooting steps provided by Windows. I've also made sure all of my drivers are updated. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek driver as well. No luck. I've also disabled different audio options and reenabled them in order to see if it'd help. Still nothing. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.Audio Info.docx

Timberw777, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Realtek R Audio Speakers and Headphones not working

1. Realtek R Audio Speakers and Headphones not working - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio Speakers

2. Realtek Audio Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Speakers not working: Hello. I am having an issue with my Realtek Audio Speakers. Basically, when I plug in my monitor built in speaker the computer recognizes that speaker and will play audio. But when I try to play audio out of my computer speakers the ones that came built in no audio plays....
  3. Realtek Audio Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Speakers not working: Hello. I am having an issue with my Realtek Audio Speakers. Basically, when I plug in my monitor built in speaker the computer recognizes that speaker and will play audio. But when I try to play audio out of my computer speakers the ones that came built in no audio plays....
  4. Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio: Hi, I have Windows 10 21H1 installed on my PC. I have a issue with Realtek Audio. I want to use both - my computer's inbuilt speaker and Headphones but am unable to do so. When I connect my headphones, I get audio output from my headphones, but If I want to change it to my...
  5. Speakers (3- Realtek(R) Audio)

Speakers (3- Realtek(R) Audio): I was installing new AMD display software. I had to run the installation three times. Now when I click on the speaker icon it says "Speakers (3- Realtek(R) Audio)". Where did that number 3 come from? I do not have 3 speakers. The second time I ran the installation it said...
  6. Realtek (R) Audio

Realtek (R) Audio: Hey guys, so I have a problem with my sound and microphone. Everytime I use my mic my friends can hear my game sound and it's really annoying. (Echo) There's also a missing sound enhancement. Now I can't even hear anything and I don't know how to change Realtek (R) Audio to...
  7. Realtek R Audio not working

Realtek R Audio not working: Actually there was a horn sound from nowhere from yesterday when i started using Zoom. From then this problem is a lot, but when all the driversRealtek speaker, microphone and stereo mix microphone and stereo mix speaker were uninstalled. After restarting the computer,...
  8. Realtek(R) Audio?

Realtek(R) Audio?: Hello, I just purchased a new Laptop(Acer Aspire 3)and I open it and start to intall my usual software, and uninstall crappy programs etc. I would play some music in Aimp4, and then for the first time, I see and listened to Realtek(R) Audio. It only supports 16bit 44khz...
  9. Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones

Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones: well i had this problem fixed but for some reason it's back and it won't go away no matter what i do i can't figure out how to fix it I can hear my microphone through my headphones and speakers i have listen to device unchecked but the weird part is when i try to record my...
  10. Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.: Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX ) - Windows 7 Help Forums I found this old thread but I couldn't get any help from it because my regedit index doesn't look the same as theirs. I don't have a "DevType_0888_SS147b1083" or "DevType_0885_SS18490890"...