Windows 10: Realtek RTL8723BS does not support hosted network

Discus and support Realtek RTL8723BS does not support hosted network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to start a hosted network on my Windows 10 system, but every time I got something like "The group or resource is not in the correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by diyu60607, Dec 12, 2015.

1. diyu60607 Win User

Realtek RTL8723BS does not support hosted network

Hi, I am trying to start a hosted network on my Windows 10 system, but every time I got something like "The group or resource is not in the correct state." I then ran "netsh wlan show driver" and see that it is using a Realtek RTL8723BS driver which says it does not support hosted network. I also don't see any "Microsoft hosted network virtual driver" in my Device Manager, even if I turn on the showing of hidden devices. Does that mean there is no way I can get a hosted network to run on this device? Is there some way I can get the driver to support hosted network? (I already updated to the latest version of the driver and rebooted, and that did not help). Thanks!

:)

diyu60607, Dec 12, 2015

2. Mobile hotspot on a Windows 10 tablet

Antony thank you very much for your quick responses.

Unfortunately, by mistake, I uninstalled the "Microsoft Hosted network Virtual Adapter".

Please:

a) advice how can I reinstall the Microsoft Hosted network Virtual Adapterb) Confirm that when you refer to updating/uninstalling the
    "Network Adapter" on your instructions, you are reffering to WiFi network adapter of the machine (in my Device Manager it appears as "Realtek RTL8723BS Wireless LAN 802.11n SDIO Network Adapter")

As soon as you confirm, I'll proceed with your instructions.

Thank you very much

George,

Athens, Greece

George _Downhill Racer_, Dec 12, 2015
  3. how to migrate windows 10 tablet from 32 bit to 64bit

Hello Greg

Please excuse me for bothering you. Just another question. Does the Realtek RTL8723BS Wireless LAN 802.11n SDIO Network Adapter comes provided by Windows? I cannot find anywhere to download this driver as recommended in the clean installed instructions.

thanks again

MaurySzwerdszarf, Dec 12, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

It helps to know what you are trying to host and why.

bro67, Dec 13, 2015
  5. diyu60607 Win User
    Hi, I was just trying to host an ad hoc network such that I can connect my Windows Phone to the network, but all my invocations of "netsh wlan start ..." fails. Thanks.

diyu60607, Dec 13, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Dec 13, 2015
  7. nigelmercier, Dec 13, 2015
  8. bro67 Win User

The OP knows what they are doing. They do not need a VPN, and have been given the proper link for how to set up the connection.

bro67, Dec 14, 2015
  9. diyu60607 Win User
    Thanks, the links are helpful, but I guess it's either my Windows version (Home) or the card itself that is preventing this from working.

diyu60607, Dec 14, 2015
  10. bro67 Win User
    Did you go through the steps in the link I posted? Home is limited in certain areas, that can cause problems in certain areas.

bro67, Dec 14, 2015
  11. diyu60607 Win User
    Yes, unfortunately it did not work on my device, so I guess it is the version problem. Thanks.

diyu60607, Dec 14, 2015
  12. Windows Home is quite capable of running a WHN. I assume this is what the reply above refers to, but he is on my ignore list so to read it would only annoy me.

nigelmercier, Dec 14, 2015
  13. bro67 Win User

bro67, Dec 14, 2015
  14. bro67 Win User
    I do not know who you are stating is on their block list.

Not something that really needs to be argued about. The OP needs to WiFi adapters, if they are already using one.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Realtek RTL8723BS does not support hosted network - Similar Threads - Realtek RTL8723BS does

2. Hosted network supported : No

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hosted network supported : No: Hi can help me how to fix " Hosted network supported : No" which I use ethernet adapter and I use windows 11 newest and I use Intel® Wireless-AC 9560"Anyone can help?...
  3. hosted network supported: no

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hosted network supported: no: Hello all,I'm attempting to set up a virtual router for a VPN and I've attempted every troubleshooting tutorial and video out there and cant figure this out!I'm fresh install of windows 11, drivers seem to be updated, please assist.Network is already shared.Network adapters...
  4. Hosted network supported : No

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hosted network supported : No: Interface name: Wi-Fi Driver : MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card Vendor : MediaTek, Inc. Provider : MediaTek, Inc. Date : 8/10/2022 Version : 3.0.1.1264 INF file : oem159.inf Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver Radio types supported : 802.11b 802.11a 802.11g 802.11n 802.11ac...
  5. Hosted network supported : No

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hosted network supported : No: Interface name: Wi-Fi Driver : MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card Vendor : MediaTek, Inc. Provider : MediaTek, Inc. Date : 8/10/2022 Version : 3.0.1.1264 INF file : oem159.inf Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver Radio types supported : 802.11b 802.11a 802.11g 802.11n 802.11ac...
  6. Hosted Network Not Supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hosted Network Not Supported: So for about a month now I've been trying to figure out how to fix my mobile hotspot, but I've ran into an issue that comes along with windows 10. With windows 10, hosted networks are often not supported. I've done a lot of research and a solution most users have found are...
  7. Hosted Network Not Supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hosted Network Not Supported: So for about a month now I've been trying to figure out how to fix my mobile hotspot, but I've ran into an issue that comes along with windows 10. With windows 10, hosted networks are often not supported. I've done a lot of research and a solution most users have found are...
  8. Hosted Network Supported: No

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hosted Network Supported: No: Hello! I am currently trying to broadcast my network but i can't do it. When I go to CMD, it says "Hosted Network Supported: No," and I have tried multiple solutions on the web. I am using a Predator PT315-52. Please help....
  9. Hosted Network Supported: No

Hosted Network Supported: No: I know there are a lot of threads about that, but I couldn't fix my problem. My laptop's adapter: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter It says Hosted Network Supported: No, it's already updated and I don't know what to do....
  10. hosted network support- no

hosted network support- no: How to to enable it hosted network support? Image is attached. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hosted-network-support-no/c6c54fdf-7cb4-44e1-b010-1cc831d7f41b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hosted network support windows 10 realtek

2. realtek rtl8723BS hosted network

3. realtek rtl8811 driver does not go into hosted network

4. realtek rtl8723bs hosted networ support no,
  5. realtek rtl8723bs no networks showing