Windows 10: Realtek+scratchy sound+error message

Discus and support Realtek+scratchy sound+error message in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm getting this error: Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0290&SUBSYS_103C80E5&REV_1000\4&284b972b&0&0001 requires further installation. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Karilynn999, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Realtek+scratchy sound+error message

Hi, I'm getting this error:

Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0290&SUBSYS_103C80E5&REV_1000\4&284b972b&0&0001 requires further installation.

When my PC is plugged it and I turn it on, start a new program, watch a video, do anything new, the sound is scratchy, crackling, popping and the sound is also a little quieter. After about 10-15 minutes, the crackling sound will stop and the volume will increase.

I have deleted and reinstalled Realtek and Bang and Olufsen. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers. Countless times. I've changed the all the settings I can find as recommended on a variety of videos. Nothing works. I've been fighting this issue for over 6 months and have spent countless hours. But, if the computer is unplugged, everything is fine with the sound. I'm ready to throw out this computer, but have read about people with new computers also experiencing the same thing.

What can I do to fix this?

The only thing I haven't done is the total reinstall of Windows, because I am abroad and purchased Word in the US over the internet to ensure I had an English version. Yet, a foreign language version was installed instead and it literally (no exaggeration) took over 2 full days, over 16 hours, online with tech support trying to get Word in English, and I'm not going through that again. (Besides, the only reason I think I was able to get support at all, was because it was during the free Windows 10 upgrade.) But this problem started 1.5 years later and is not related to that upgrade.

Could this be Windows related?

:)

Karilynn999, Jul 30, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Didzkins Win User
    Microphone gives scratchy sounds!

Hello, I have problem with microphone!

It makes scratchy sounds all over. I disabled Noise Suppression and enabled Acoustic Echo Cancellation. Well, it still makes scratchy sounds.

Also I tried with HyperX Cloud Revolver microphone to check that. It goes much more stronger.

My PC model is ASUS X555LN.

Have Windows 10 Home Edition on.

Didzkins, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Realtek+scratchy sound+error message

Sound issue: scratchy sound almost like there is something trying to connect.

Original title: sound faq

I am having a sound issue and it sorta sounds like a scratchy sound almost like there is something trying to connect. Like the old 56k modems that background muffeled scratchy sound that you would get. can anyone help me

~ p.r.i.c.h.INC ~, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Realtek+scratchy sound+error message

1. Realtek+scratchy sound+error message - Similar Threads - Realtek+scratchy sound+error message

2. Pc not turning off and making scratchy sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc not turning off and making scratchy sound: I installed the far cry 3 on my hp stream 14 so while playing the game I could hear my speaker making some cracking sounds so I shut down the pc using Alt+f4 and the pc screen went off and the button were not responding but I still had a power light beside the USB port on...
  3. Pc not turning off and making scratchy sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc not turning off and making scratchy sound: I installed the far cry 3 on my hp stream 14 so while playing the game I could hear my speaker making some cracking sounds so I shut down the pc using Alt+f4 and the pc screen went off and the button were not responding but I still had a power light beside the USB port on...
  4. Pc not turning off and making scratchy sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Scratchy Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scratchy Audio: HelloI have a Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H since September 2021, it has always worked perfectly until the sound became scratchy out of nowhere a few weeks ago.I've tried everything from every forum, I updated my drivers and Windows 11, I installed a previous Realtek driver, I...
  6. Scratchy Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scratchy Audio: HelloI have a Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H since September 2021, it has always worked perfectly until the sound became scratchy out of nowhere a few weeks ago.I've tried everything from every forum, I updated my drivers and Windows 11, I installed a previous Realtek driver, I...
  7. no realtek sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no realtek sound: hello i tried everything that youtube google said but i have nothing on mijn device manager on sound can you help me i dont have any sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-realtek-sound/381ca7c1-67f4-4991-81c9-5f390da86434
  8. no realtek sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no realtek sound: hello i tried everything that youtube google said but i have nothing on mijn device manager on sound can you help me i dont have any sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-realtek-sound/381ca7c1-67f4-4991-81c9-5f390da86434
  9. Scratchy sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scratchy sound: Since the last update, my sound was scratchy and distorted. I've tried to update the drivers but no result, so I've tried to uninstall them with no success. Also, when I play a video, after a few minutes the sound and the image are not synchronized....
  10. No sound Realtek

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound Realtek: Hey guys! First time the sound stopped working was when I updated to 1809 Slow ring/Release Preview build.. Then I found an install file with bunch of realtek drivers and it fixed everything. Now somehow I didn't save the file. So when I (stupidly) updated to latest 2004...