Windows 10: Realtek sound and speakers haven't worked since I've gotten my laptop. (However it works...

Discus and support Realtek sound and speakers haven't worked since I've gotten my laptop. (However it works... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys. I'm at my wit's end here. I checked around, installed the drivers manually and automatically, all that stuff. Basically...bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lonelykitty, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Realtek sound and speakers haven't worked since I've gotten my laptop. (However it works...

Hi guys. I'm at my wit's end here. I checked around, installed the drivers manually and automatically, all that stuff.

Basically...bluetooth headphones DO work. But, the on-board speakers don't at all appear in the sound. Basically if I don't have any bluetooth connected then there's no audio devices--there's just an "x" over the sound. It's been months. I didn't bother about the speakers because they felt like a nonissue with my love of bluetooth headphones and I got this laptop for a downright insane price (at Best Buy, not anywhere weird) without a warranty. I also thought I could fix the issue.

Like I said, after I restart the computer after reinstalling the realtek driver it works for a bit until the driver "finishes" installing. I can stop the installation and the speakers work for a little but but then kinda randomly stop working again. IDK what triggers it.

Lately, some bad things have resulted from the speaker error. For some reason the bluetooths stop working when I try to use my mic or webcam with someone. I noticed that in the brief periods the speakers work during driver reinstall, the bluetooths do not stop working (even if they're the default device) when I turn on the webcam.

It's basically impossible to use the mic, even if there's a headset attached to my bluetooths. I'm frustrated.

So yeah. SOS. Please help.

:)

lonelykitty, Oct 2, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Onboard Sound Not Working

A friend and I built a PC yesterday for him, using the MSI P67A-G43 motherboard. Everything seems to be working fine but we're having an issue getting his sound to work. A RealTek driver was automatically installed when we installed Windows 7 64 bit, but since we couldn't get it to work we uninstalled it and got the one off of MSI's site. When we go to "Playback Devices", there are 4 things listed there. The AMD sound from his card, which is disabled, "Speakers" from RealTek which aren't detected. Optical from RealTek, and RCA from RealTek. I suspect we need to be using the "Speakers" device, but why is it saying nothing is detected even when he has headphones or speakers plugged into the back?

He has tried the back plugs along with the front audio, which we made sure to plug in to the motherboard. Any suggestions on how we can fix it?

OrbitzXT, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Jonap_1st Win User
    Onboard Sound Not Working

windows can't detect headphone and speakers, it will only detect any soundcard on your system.

try change your sound playback > audio device with realtek HD audio output..

Jonap_1st, Oct 2, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Realtek sound and speakers haven't worked since I've gotten my laptop. (However it works...

No sound through laptop speakers, hdmi and headphones work

"Speakers" (e.g. Realtek High Definition Audio") have to be set as default playback device to get PC speakers to work.

Here is mine:

Realtek sound and speakers haven't worked since I've gotten my laptop. (However it works... [​IMG]

fireberd, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Realtek sound and speakers haven't worked since I've gotten my laptop. (However it works...

1. Realtek sound and speakers haven't worked since I've gotten my laptop. (However it works... - Similar Threads - Realtek sound speakers

2. Ever since I've gotten Windows 10 it's been nothing but trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ever since I've gotten Windows 10 it's been nothing but trouble: I upgraded to a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 in February of 2018 and I have had a more problems than this OS is worth. First of all let me give some back story, I am a video editor so I need this computer for a lot of color grading. That being said, for the past several...
  3. Realtek Speakers not working, no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Speakers not working, no sound: Looking for any feedback on why I have no sound? Cannot get the Realtek Audio to work on my HP Envy running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-speakers-not-working-no-sound/5094d70a-6a8a-40da-90ae-304f73cba149
  4. I've always gotten these errors in my Event Log.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've always gotten these errors in my Event Log.: For as long as Windows apps existed I always get the error below in my event log when an app is updated. Nothing is ever wonky because of it. Do you guys get these too? Event ID 69. Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel Runtime status for package...
  5. Realtek Audio Internal Speakers Not Working

Realtek Audio Internal Speakers Not Working: I have an ASUS all-in-one, running Windows 10. This is the second time I ran into this issue. After the first time, I factory reset my computer and started from scratch. The speakers worked for a while. After my computer updated, I lost sound again. Headphones and Bluetooth...
  6. No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works.

No sound from my dell laptop's speaker but headphone works.: I've run a lot of troubleshooting about this to make sure it's a software failure nothing about hardware. I tried to install two different version of Realtek driver, which was 6.0.1.8186 (14/6/2017) and 6.0.1.8142 (2/5/2017) they both have the same problem. Now I use...
  7. sound on my laptop not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound on my laptop not working: I have an HP Laptop with Windows 10 OS. I cannot hear sounds from. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/sound-on-my-laptop-not-working/ca725714-32a7-4341-82d2-76f979b4d0ea
  8. Haven't gotten windows updates in years

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Haven't gotten windows updates in years: Hello, I'm new here, so I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place. Just a warning, I really don't know too much about computers. I'm posting this because my parents really don't know how to get around a computer at all. Okay with that aside I'm gonna get to the...
  9. Sound - speakers/headphones - stopped working on ASUS laptop

Sound - speakers/headphones - stopped working on ASUS laptop: With no intervening "event" - no new hardware or software or drivers installed Following the installation of a Cisco VPN client, the sound stopped working on my ASUS laptop. There is a red X over the speaker icon at the bottom right of the computer. Mousing over the icon,...
  10. Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound: Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have made sure that all the volumes are not muted. I did a troubleshoot on playing audio and it said low audio device volume...