Windows 10: Realtek sound and speakers haven't worked since I've gotten my laptop. (However it works...

Discus and support Realtek sound and speakers haven't worked since I've gotten my laptop. (However it works... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys. I'm at my wit's end here. I checked around, installed the drivers manually and automatically, all that stuff. Basically...bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lonelykitty, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Realtek sound and speakers haven't worked since I've gotten my laptop. (However it works...

Hi guys. I'm at my wit's end here. I checked around, installed the drivers manually and automatically, all that stuff.

Basically...bluetooth headphones DO work. But, the on-board speakers don't at all appear in the sound. Basically if I don't have any bluetooth connected then there's no audio devices--there's just an "x" over the sound. It's been months. I didn't bother about the speakers because they felt like a nonissue with my love of bluetooth headphones and I got this laptop for a downright insane price (at Best Buy, not anywhere weird) without a warranty. I also thought I could fix the issue.

Like I said, after I restart the computer after reinstalling the realtek driver it works for a bit until the driver "finishes" installing. I can stop the installation and the speakers work for a little but but then kinda randomly stop working again. IDK what triggers it.

Lately, some bad things have resulted from the speaker error. For some reason the bluetooths stop working when I try to use my mic or webcam with someone. I noticed that in the brief periods the speakers work during driver reinstall, the bluetooths do not stop working (even if they're the default device) when I turn on the webcam.

It's basically impossible to use the mic, even if there's a headset attached to my bluetooths. I'm frustrated.

So yeah. SOS. Please help.

:)

lonelykitty, Oct 2, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Onboard Sound Not Working

A friend and I built a PC yesterday for him, using the MSI P67A-G43 motherboard. Everything seems to be working fine but we're having an issue getting his sound to work. A RealTek driver was automatically installed when we installed Windows 7 64 bit, but since we couldn't get it to work we uninstalled it and got the one off of MSI's site. When we go to "Playback Devices", there are 4 things listed there. The AMD sound from his card, which is disabled, "Speakers" from RealTek which aren't detected. Optical from RealTek, and RCA from RealTek. I suspect we need to be using the "Speakers" device, but why is it saying nothing is detected even when he has headphones or speakers plugged into the back?

He has tried the back plugs along with the front audio, which we made sure to plug in to the motherboard. Any suggestions on how we can fix it?

OrbitzXT, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Jonap_1st Win User
    Onboard Sound Not Working

windows can't detect headphone and speakers, it will only detect any soundcard on your system.

try change your sound playback > audio device with realtek HD audio output..

Jonap_1st, Oct 2, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Realtek sound and speakers haven't worked since I've gotten my laptop. (However it works...

No sound through laptop speakers, hdmi and headphones work

"Speakers" (e.g. Realtek High Definition Audio") have to be set as default playback device to get PC speakers to work.

Here is mine:

Realtek sound and speakers haven't worked since I've gotten my laptop. (However it works... [​IMG]

fireberd, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Realtek sound and speakers haven't worked since I've gotten my laptop. (However it works...

1. Realtek sound and speakers haven't worked since I've gotten my laptop. (However it works... - Similar Threads - Realtek sound speakers

2. Realtek audio not working for my speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio not working for my speakers: My speakers do not play and when i trouble shoot Audio real tek it says that the drivers are found but it has encountered problems installing them. It also says the system cannot find the file displayed. I then downloaded a windows 10 realtek r audio driver but this has not...
  3. Realtek audio not working for my speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio not working for my speakers: My speakers do not play and when i trouble shoot Audio real tek it says that the drivers are found but it has encountered problems installing them. It also says the system cannot find the file displayed. I then downloaded a windows 10 realtek r audio driver but this has not...
  4. Realtek audio not working for my speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek Audio Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Speakers not working: Hello. I am having an issue with my Realtek Audio Speakers. Basically, when I plug in my monitor built in speaker the computer recognizes that speaker and will play audio. But when I try to play audio out of my computer speakers the ones that came built in no audio plays....
  6. Realtek Audio Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Speakers not working: Hello. I am having an issue with my Realtek Audio Speakers. Basically, when I plug in my monitor built in speaker the computer recognizes that speaker and will play audio. But when I try to play audio out of my computer speakers the ones that came built in no audio plays....
  7. Realtek speakers sound not working with error code 0x80070490

Realtek speakers sound not working with error code 0x80070490: Realtek speakers not working with error code 0x80070490This error code 0x80070490 has suddenly appeared and knocked out the sound from my Realtek speakers preventing the toubleshooter programme from working.Any suggestions how I can restore the sound?...
  8. I haven't gotten a windows update since Feb 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I haven't gotten a windows update since Feb 2020: I haven't gotten an update since Feb 2020 and it says all my pauses are used up. I have no clue what's happening. Can you go back past a date like you used to be able to....
  9. I've bought minecoins however they haven't appeared in my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've bought minecoins however they haven't appeared in my account: I've bought £16 of mine coins but they haven't showed in my account,, how do I refund these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-bought-minecoins-however-they-havent-appeared/073b958a-3219-43b8-9082-c01af1e74a03
  10. Realtek Speakers not working, no sound

Realtek Speakers not working, no sound: Looking for any feedback on why I have no sound? Cannot get the Realtek Audio to work on my HP Envy running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-speakers-not-working-no-sound/5094d70a-6a8a-40da-90ae-304f73cba149