Windows 10: Realtek sound delay

Discus and support Realtek sound delay in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A few days ago, when i played back audio there would be a 2-3 second delay before the audio starts playing. I changed some driver settings (Trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chessy101, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Realtek sound delay

A few days ago, when i played back audio there would be a 2-3 second delay before the audio starts playing. I changed some driver settings (Trying to use the microsoft driver, but changing back afterwards) and the delay is gone, but the audio sounds significantly worse and i wasn't able to restore it. I would like to get it sounding normal again, and preferably get rid of the delay.

My soundcard is Realtek(R) Audio, although i also have a driver called NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

submitted by /u/Chessy101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chessy101, Jan 29, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 29, 2021
  3. sound delay

Hi Jakob,

We would like to know if you are pertaining to the Action Center in
    Windows 10, can you tell us if there's a delay either on sounds or the notification, or both?

This issue is quite unclear and incomplete to be understood which notification you are talking about. It is too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with notifications. To have a better
    understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Are you making a program or editing a script?
    • What feature of Windows 10 are you experiencing sound delays? Can you specify? Is it from
      Alarm, Calendar, Action Center, etc.?
    • Have you successfully performed this activity before?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Realtek sound delay

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Realtek sound delay

1. Realtek sound delay - Similar Threads - Realtek sound delay

2. no realtek sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no realtek sound: hello i tried everything that youtube google said but i have nothing on mijn device manager on sound can you help me i dont have any sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-realtek-sound/381ca7c1-67f4-4991-81c9-5f390da86434
  3. no realtek sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no realtek sound: hello i tried everything that youtube google said but i have nothing on mijn device manager on sound can you help me i dont have any sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-realtek-sound/381ca7c1-67f4-4991-81c9-5f390da86434
  4. no realtek sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound delays

Sound delays: When I sue the microphone included with a webcam there is a delay of about a second before the sound is recognised. This applies both in settings - sound - microphone the blue bar reacts a second later and using the camera app looking at recordings the sound is a second...
  6. realtek sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    realtek sound: my Realtek sound and microphone does not work anymore for some reason after i updated the driver.The sound icon is normal but when i try to test its say it cant play the test and i i hit troubleshoot it says audio services not responding.I tried rolling back the driver and i...
  7. Realtek sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Realtek sound: I went to boot up this evening and my sound is not working at all. I've checked the connections and all the settings - even used the troubleshooter and I still have nada. I'm out of ideas here and could use some help. Thanks ahead of time. :o I thought about kicking it but...
  8. No sound Realtek

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound Realtek: Hey guys! First time the sound stopped working was when I updated to 1809 Slow ring/Release Preview build.. Then I found an install file with bunch of realtek drivers and it fixed everything. Now somehow I didn't save the file. So when I (stupidly) updated to latest 2004...
  9. Sound delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound delay: Hello, recently I started to have a problem with sound delay/lag on internet browser when I am watching videos. It happens on across all platforms from Youtube to Netflix and on both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. The problem is that after starting some video everything...
  10. Sound delay problem

Sound delay problem: W10. Dell XPS 800. Nvidia GeForce 210. The sound comes from the monitor's built in speakers via HDMI cable. There is about 2 second sound delay at the beginning of each video. The delay impacts all videos, on the web or stored on my PC. Thanks, -BBDS 101921