Windows 10: realtek sound left side not working

Discus and support realtek sound left side not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok, so my brother just bought brand new logitech Z337 speakers, they're stereo speakers with a sub, and both speakers plug into the sub, which plugs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yoloman12358, Aug 10, 2019.

1. realtek sound left side not working

Ok, so my brother just bought brand new logitech Z337 speakers, they're stereo speakers with a sub, and both speakers plug into the sub, which plugs into the computer via aux. we tested the speakers on a phone, and everything is fine. when i plug them into my pc, only the right speaker and sub play sound, the realtek audio manager does nothing, and i cannot get sound out the left speaker, even if i go to sound settings and in the "balance" tab, turn up the left side. his pc is a personally built pc, but none of his parts are off-brand or sketchy. i assumed it was a problem with windows not detecting the left side. can anyone help?

:)

yoloman12358, Aug 10, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 10, 2019
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

realtek sound left side not working

Onboard Sound Not Working

A friend and I built a PC yesterday for him, using the MSI P67A-G43 motherboard. Everything seems to be working fine but we're having an issue getting his sound to work. A RealTek driver was automatically installed when we installed Windows 7 64 bit, but since we couldn't get it to work we uninstalled it and got the one off of MSI's site. When we go to "Playback Devices", there are 4 things listed there. The AMD sound from his card, which is disabled, "Speakers" from RealTek which aren't detected. Optical from RealTek, and RCA from RealTek. I suspect we need to be using the "Speakers" device, but why is it saying nothing is detected even when he has headphones or speakers plugged into the back?

He has tried the back plugs along with the front audio, which we made sure to plug in to the motherboard. Any suggestions on how we can fix it?

OrbitzXT, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

realtek sound left side not working

1. realtek sound left side not working - Similar Threads - realtek sound left

2. No sound in left side of headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound in left side of headphones: Hi I recently bought Logitech g 335 headphones and they had a malfunction I swaped them with new ones and tested at the store but got home and plugged it in and there was only sound on one side. I could not find a balance option in sound I searched everywhere I use windows 10...
  3. No sound in left side of headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound in left side of headphones: Hi I recently bought Logitech g 335 headphones and they had a malfunction I swaped them with new ones and tested at the store but got home and plugged it in and there was only sound on one side. I could not find a balance option in sound I searched everywhere I use windows 10...
  4. No sound in left side of headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Left-side shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left-side shortcut keys are not working.: Recently, my left-side shortcut keys Shift, Ctrl and Alt are like 70-80% of the time showing no responses to me. I've tried many ways but still, this problem happens. Any ways to fix this?:...
  6. Left-side shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left-side shortcut keys are not working.: Recently, my left-side shortcut keys Shift, Ctrl and Alt are like 70-80% of the time showing no responses to me. I've tried many ways but still, this problem happens. Any ways to fix this?:...
  7. Left side of my headphones stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left side of my headphones stopped working.: I just got done replacing a fan, then hit the inside of my PC with compressed air for a couple of minutes to clean it, but when I finished and I started using my PC I realized the left side of my headphones stopped working. I thought the cable just broke or something, but...
  8. Realtek Audio Playing Sound Out of One Side

Realtek Audio Playing Sound Out of One Side: So I recently installed the Realtek audio driver for my windows 10 pc and when I played audio after that, it only played out of one side of my headphones. I tried uninstalling it, but now it gets rid of all my audio completely if I uninstall it. This is super annoying, and I...
  9. Realtek Speakers not working, no sound

Realtek Speakers not working, no sound: Looking for any feedback on why I have no sound? Cannot get the Realtek Audio to work on my HP Envy running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-speakers-not-working-no-sound/5094d70a-6a8a-40da-90ae-304f73cba149
  10. Left Side Cutoff

in Windows 10 Support
    Left Side Cutoff: First time user, today, the left side of my monitor screens are cut off, can't see the icons and same when I use my email. Cant recall doing anything to cause this misbehavior. Any advise be much appreciated. 34802