Windows 10: Realtek sound not working after upgrade from windows 7 to 10

Discus and support Realtek sound not working after upgrade from windows 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Realtek sound output isn't working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ian Low Brass, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Realtek sound not working after upgrade from windows 7 to 10

I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Realtek sound output isn't working.

:)

Ian Low Brass, Jun 5, 2021
  2. JoeBoyka Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everything is working *Smile Realtek sound not working after upgrade from windows 7 to 10 :)

JoeBoyka, Jun 5, 2021
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jun 5, 2021
  4. Realtek sound not working after upgrade from windows 7 to 10

Realtek crackling sound on Windows 7

It works fine with Vista. Googling "Realtek sound crackling Windows 7" brings up plenty of other people reporting the same issue. Seems that 7/8 have an issue with some Vista-era hardware.

Red_Machine, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

Realtek sound not working after upgrade from windows 7 to 10

1. Realtek sound not working after upgrade from windows 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - Realtek sound working

2. Completed Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10 - Now No Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completed Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10 - Now No Sound: Tried uninstalling drivers. System says the 'best drivers for your system are installed. I don't even get the tones when I do the speaker test....
  3. Completed Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10 - Now No Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completed Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10 - Now No Sound: Tried uninstalling drivers. System says the 'best drivers for your system are installed. I don't even get the tones when I do the speaker test....
  4. Completed Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10 - Now No Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Keeps Windows 7 Sounds after Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Keeps Windows 7 Sounds after Upgrade: Hello, I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but it still plays the Windows 7 sound. For example, if I change the volume, it's supposed to sound like this: <Windows 10 sound> But instead it sounds like this: <Windows 7 sound> How to fix this?...
  6. Windows 10 Keeps Windows 7 Sounds after Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Keeps Windows 7 Sounds after Upgrade: After I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 today, it kept the Windows 7 sounds. How to change to Windows 10 sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keeps-windows-7-sounds-after-upgrade/ceef2b0f-5825-49c8-aea3-c2bcc7e00d2e
  7. Windows 10 Activation Not working after upgrade from windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation Not working after upgrade from windows 7: HI All, i working as IT Manager for Hospitality group, i had few computers (7) got update issue with windows 7 so i have restore them from the image then i have upgrade them using the upgrade DVD to win 10, but all of them did not get activated, in the other side i have...
  8. Built in Realtek sound stopped working after upgrading to 1903.

Built in Realtek sound stopped working after upgrading to 1903.: What do we do in the meantime? Just wait and hope that Microsoft fixes the problem in the next day/week/year? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-realtek-sound-stopped-working-after/64a598b8-dad8-4dc1-b9e6-d6fc4e7bf0d7
  9. Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7

Audio doesn't work on Windows 10 after Upgrading from 7: Tried restarting both services relating to Audio as well and no luck. I can't even access Sound via Control Panel. There's a red x over the speaker icon in my taskbar. Can't even use my microphone. This issue wasn't present until I installed Windows 10. I try restarting...
  10. Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not working after upgrading from Windows 7: I have just upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7. Since doing this my wifi is no longer working. Wifi is turned on but no networks are showing. Unfortunately I only have my mobile as a hot spot to use for Internet so I can not connect an ether net cable to check if it works...