Windows 10: Realtek Speaker Fill not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Realtek Speaker Fill not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone! So I just bought a new PC (custom Ryzen build) and everythings seemed ok, until I opened the Spotify for listening to music while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HenriquePorto, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Realtek Speaker Fill not working on Windows 10

Hello everyone!
    So I just bought a new PC (custom Ryzen build) and everythings seemed ok, until I opened the Spotify for listening to music while working. My Genius SW 5.1 was not playng any woofer nor surround channels, so i got pissed off because my pick on motherboard was considering 5.1 compatible onboard soundcard (it's an ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS) only because I wanted to fit my Genius Woofer. I tested music on Spotify, Youtube, mp3, but the sound only came by the green jack (Front Left/Front Right).

All right, so my first thought was "i have to set the 5.1 surround system on sound control panel", did the configuration, but didn't worked. After that, I learned that thos normal apps can't reproduce 5.1 audios, an to do so, the system needs to emulate the upmix by selecting the "Speaker Fill" enhanced feature. Which didn't work too, even after that featured being selected. I guessed it was due to old drivers installed/uncompatible that came installed from the Custom Shop. When I installed the Realtek driver, this option disappeared. The funny part is that in both situations (default Microsoft Driver, and Realtek Driver) the "test" button works perfectly from the "Playback" tab (each speakers plays its sound properly). This led me to believe that the problem is not the hardware itself, but a purely software comunication.

I read a lot of threads about this problem, but no one seems to solve my situation, tried so many times to update my drives, but I'm not sure if I am doing the right thing, with the right version, or not. As far as I could do my research, the codec built in my motherboard is a Realtek ALC S1200A 7.1, and for some reason I don't understand yet, the user can't get the latest driver for it trying to update from Devices Manager.

I am going to leave an imagem of the drivers curently insalled, and hope someone can help me, it is very frustrating that somenthing apparently so simple is getting so hard to fix. Also, it would be helpful if someone explin me what's the difference between the "Sound, video and games controllers" and "Audio Input/Output". Which one do I need to update with a Realtek driver? Why doesn't the Speaker Fill feature work with the Generic Midrosoft Driver? I am thinking about what other drivers could possibly be outdate, is there any desktop app that keeps me up with that information about all sorts of Drivers and Codecs?

My setup is:
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2
    Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G
    ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS
    250 GB WD-BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD
    PS.: My Windows is not activated, I found strange that only on the Sound Settings window appears the red letter warning about personalization of the PC.

:)

HenriquePorto, Apr 5, 2021

2. [SOLVED] Windows 10 Realtek 'Speaker Fill' not working

Found a solution.

#1: Close Nehimic (setup does not auto-close it) and uninstall if it is installed.

#2: Uninstall Realtek drivers. Restart computer when prompted. When your computer comes back up, Realtek will be running off of Microsoft's generic HD Audio driver.

#3: Follow the directions here to prohibit Windows Update from reinstalling the Realtek driver.

#4: Open "Sounds" then "Playback Devices," select the device from the list and click on "Configure." Follow the prompts.

#5: Right click on the device and select "Properties," then "Enhancements," then check "Speaker Fill" and apply. If you do not see "Speaker Fill," repeat step #4 and make sure to pick a choice that has more than two speakers. "Apply" the changes.

#6: Start playing audio. You will have to restart the program if it was running in order for the change to take effect. Your stereo music should now be playing as Stereo Surround! *Big Grin Realtek Speaker Fill not working on Windows 10 :D

FordGT90Concept, Apr 5, 2021
  3. [SOLVED] Windows 10 Realtek 'Speaker Fill' not working

Ever since upgrading to Windows 10, "Speaker Fill" on Realtek audio chips has not worked (8## and 11##) for me. The rear channels are dead silent, even with +15 dB boost from the amplifier and +12 dB boost from the Realtek software. The speakers do work because when you do the channel sound test, both rear speakers sound exactly as they should. It's specifically the "Speaker Fill" feature that isn't working. I tried the 5.1 option (what I have) and the 7.1 option and both are just as silent.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Has anyone found a solution?

Edit: See this post for workaround!

FordGT90Concept, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Jayce Win User

Realtek Speaker Fill not working on Windows 10

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Realtek Speaker Fill not working on Windows 10

1. Realtek Speaker Fill not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Realtek Speaker Fill

2. Why is the Speaker Fill Option Not in the Realtek Drivers for Windows 11, it's a rather...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the Speaker Fill Option Not in the Realtek Drivers for Windows 11, it's a rather...: Not everyone uses I didn't buy a $500 motherboard and 7.1 speakers to listen to music with 2 speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-speaker-fill-option-not-in-the-realtek/f7cb7c08-9fd3-4c87-b104-a8a80cbcbd47
  3. Why is the Speaker Fill Option Not in the Realtek Drivers for Windows 11, it's a rather...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the Speaker Fill Option Not in the Realtek Drivers for Windows 11, it's a rather...: Not everyone uses I didn't buy a $500 motherboard and 7.1 speakers to listen to music with 2 speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-speaker-fill-option-not-in-the-realtek/f7cb7c08-9fd3-4c87-b104-a8a80cbcbd47
  4. Realtek Audio Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Speakers not working: Hello. I am having an issue with my Realtek Audio Speakers. Basically, when I plug in my monitor built in speaker the computer recognizes that speaker and will play audio. But when I try to play audio out of my computer speakers the ones that came built in no audio plays....
  5. Realtek Audio Speakers not working

Realtek Audio Speakers not working: Hello. I am having an issue with my Realtek Audio Speakers. Basically, when I plug in my monitor built in speaker the computer recognizes that speaker and will play audio. But when I try to play audio out of my computer speakers the ones that came built in no audio plays....
  6. Speakers are working, but headphones are not Windows 10, Realtek

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speakers are working, but headphones are not Windows 10, Realtek: All of a sudden, there's no audio coming from my headphones anymore. My computer recognizes them and shows that audio is being transferred to them, but I can't hear anything.I have:-Restarted my computer multiple times, both with and without the headphones plugged in-Turned...
  7. Speakers are working, but headphones are not Windows 10, Realtek

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers are working, but headphones are not Windows 10, Realtek: All of a sudden, there's no audio coming from my headphones anymore. My computer recognizes them and shows that audio is being transferred to them, but I can't hear anything.I have:-Restarted my computer multiple times, both with and without the headphones plugged in-Turned...
  8. Speakers are working, but headphones are not Windows 10, Realtek

9. Realtek Speakers not working, no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Speakers not working, no sound: Looking for any feedback on why I have no sound? Cannot get the Realtek Audio to work on my HP Envy running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-speakers-not-working-no-sound/5094d70a-6a8a-40da-90ae-304f73cba149
  10. Speaker Fill Option is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker Fill Option is not working: I have a Razer Tiamat 7.1, SO, MY DEVICE WORKS IN 7.1! I'm having problems with this "speakers fill" option. It does not work on Windows 10 with the most updated Realtek driver. When I unistall the driver and use a generic audio driver THE OPTION WORKS, although Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speaker fill does not work