Windows 10: Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio

Discus and support Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 21H1 installed on my PC. I have a issue with Realtek Audio. I want to use both - my computer's inbuilt speaker and Headphones but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SnehilSinha, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio

Hi, I have Windows 10 21H1 installed on my PC. I have a issue with Realtek Audio. I want to use both - my computer's inbuilt speaker and Headphones but am unable to do so. When I connect my headphones, I get audio output from my headphones, but If I want to change it to my laptop speakers I cannot do it. I do not get an option in the audio settings to do so. It shows up as "Speaker/HeadphonesRealtek Audio" and not two separate devices. Even in playback devices settings, it shows as a single entity. On my other device running the same version of Windows, it does show up as two different devic

:)

SnehilSinha, Jun 19, 2021

2. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [2]

I just built a new rig with a ASRock X470 Taichi motherboard and Win 10 64bit 1903. I downloaded the driver from my motherboard's site (Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8668_UAD_WHQL_DTS) and then ran the powershell script to detect the driver type.

Since I couldn't get more than 1 output, I also tried the latest driver in the 1st post (HDA DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.8716.1).

No matter what is plugged in, I only have 1 playback/output device.

• I plug my speakers into rear panel = audio plays out the speakers and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel = audio plays out my headphones and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel and speakers into rear panel = audio plays out of front panel and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)

I used to be able to switch between front and rear when both were plugged in. Anyone have any suggestions?

monsterenergy22, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio

Using headphones and speakers at the same time.

The speakers are analog and the headphones are usb.
    The speakers are listed under sounds as realtek high definition audio. Anything else needed?
    I'm not sure about CODEC how would I check that?

Pikadude1228, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio

1. Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio - Similar Threads - Realtek Speaker Headphones

2. Headphones playing from speakers, recognised as "Headphones Realtek Audio"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones playing from speakers, recognised as "Headphones Realtek Audio"...: Whenever I plug my headphones into the headphone jack, it is no longer playing from the headphones, but the speaker instead. The headphones come up as "Headphones RealtekR Audio". This didn't happen 3 days ago, and I have already restarted/updated Windows. I've tried updating...
  3. Headphones playing from speakers, recognised as "Headphones Realtek Audio"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones playing from speakers, recognised as "Headphones Realtek Audio"...: Whenever I plug my headphones into the headphone jack, it is no longer playing from the headphones, but the speaker instead. The headphones come up as "Headphones RealtekR Audio". This didn't happen 3 days ago, and I have already restarted/updated Windows. I've tried updating...
  4. No sound on laptop: "No speakers or headphones are plugged in" - Realtek audio driver "is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on laptop: "No speakers or headphones are plugged in" - Realtek audio driver "is...: Hi there,This issue randomly occurred at some point over the past week, potentially triggered by a Windows Update? Classic red X on the speaker icon in the bottom right. I am on a Dell laptop so all speakers are internal.I will list the symptoms and my attempted...
  5. Realtek R Audio Speakers and Headphones not working

Realtek R Audio Speakers and Headphones not working: So today i did a Support assist update on my Dell G3 15 laptop, it all went fine and after i ended up with no sound in my headphones and speakers Realtek R Audio. The only way i can hear audio is if i connect my bluetooth earphones, they work, but my laptop speakers and usual...
  6. Problem about speakers/headphones and Realtek Audio

Problem about speakers/headphones and Realtek Audio: Hello everyone, I have a problem: I can't modify the sound volume of my speakers once I have plugged in my headphones. To explain a bit more: I can turn the wheel of the speaker, it has no effect on the volume; I can even technically switch off the speaker, I still have...
  7. Headphones Being Recognized as Speakers on Realtek HD Audio Manager

Headphones Being Recognized as Speakers on Realtek HD Audio Manager: The current issue I'm dealing with is that my new headphones are not being recognized as headphones but speakers on the Realtek HD Audio Manager. I do have a set of speakers connected to the back panel, and my headphones are connected to the front panel. Am I able to...
  8. Audio In Headphones and Speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio In Headphones and Speakers: For some reason, some sound is coming out of my speakers and I am hearing some sound in my headphones. For example, while chatting to a friend on discord, I can hear them perfectly find through my headphones, but then I booted up A Hat In Time. I still hear them through my...
  9. Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones

Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones: well i had this problem fixed but for some reason it's back and it won't go away no matter what i do i can't figure out how to fix it I can hear my microphone through my headphones and speakers i have listen to device unchecked but the weird part is when i try to record my...
  10. Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.: Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX ) - Windows 7 Help Forums I found this old thread but I couldn't get any help from it because my regedit index doesn't look the same as theirs. I don't have a "DevType_0888_SS147b1083" or "DevType_0885_SS18490890"...