Windows 10: Realtek speakers

Discus and support Realtek speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since a Windows 10 update my Realtek speakers have stopped working, I have not been able to get a test sound, I have tried troubleshooting without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaveTurner6, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Realtek speakers

Since a Windows 10 update my Realtek speakers have stopped working, I have not been able to get a test sound, I have tried troubleshooting without any luck.

When checking if the drivers are up to date it says they are and it also says the sound system is working correctly.

Any ideas.

:)

DaveTurner6, Sep 6, 2018

2. Realtek audio manager detect my rear speakers as side speaker.

Realtek can be goofy at times, okay okay, a lot of the time. You have to manually configure your speaker set up (should be a drop down list) despite setting it to auto detect feature that works 3 days a week and never on the weekends. Realtek doesnt like to save settings on reboot, so I'm sure some regedit wizardry is needed here too.

DeathtoGnomes, Sep 6, 2018
  3. [SOLVED] Windows 10 Realtek 'Speaker Fill' not working

Found a solution.

#1: Close Nehimic (setup does not auto-close it) and uninstall if it is installed.

#2: Uninstall Realtek drivers. Restart computer when prompted. When your computer comes back up, Realtek will be running off of Microsoft's generic HD Audio driver.

#3: Follow the directions here to prohibit Windows Update from reinstalling the Realtek driver.

#4: Open "Sounds" then "Playback Devices," select the device from the list and click on "Configure." Follow the prompts.

#5: Right click on the device and select "Properties," then "Enhancements," then check "Speaker Fill" and apply. If you do not see "Speaker Fill," repeat step #4 and make sure to pick a choice that has more than two speakers. "Apply" the changes.

#6: Start playing audio. You will have to restart the program if it was running in order for the change to take effect. Your stereo music should now be playing as Stereo Surround! *Big Grin Realtek speakers :D

FordGT90Concept, Sep 6, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Realtek speakers

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Realtek speakers

1. Realtek speakers - Similar Threads - Realtek speakers

2. Realtek Speaker Voice is too low.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Speaker Voice is too low.: I just bought a new laptop with the below mentioned specs, but the volume of speaker on some browsers is inaudiable and on some its so so, please kindly help me get the best optimum sound from my speaker throughout every app or browser.Windows 11 ProDevice name...
  3. Realtek Speaker Voice is too low.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Speaker Voice is too low.: I just bought a new laptop with the below mentioned specs, but the volume of speaker on some browsers is inaudiable and on some its so so, please kindly help me get the best optimum sound from my speaker throughout every app or browser.Windows 11 ProDevice name...
  4. Realtek Speakers are not connecting to G15 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Speakers are not connecting to G15 computer: I have a Dell G15 5520 that I've owned since mid 2023. The audio worked completely fine for about 6 months, but starting about a month ago the computer has randomly refused to connect to any audio devices that I try. This includes both the Realtek speakers that came with the...
  5. Realtek Speakers are not connecting to G15 computer

Realtek Speakers are not connecting to G15 computer: I have a Dell G15 5520 that I've owned since mid 2023. The audio worked completely fine for about 6 months, but starting about a month ago the computer has randomly refused to connect to any audio devices that I try. This includes both the Realtek speakers that came with the...
  6. Realtek audio not working for my speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio not working for my speakers: My speakers do not play and when i trouble shoot Audio real tek it says that the drivers are found but it has encountered problems installing them. It also says the system cannot find the file displayed. I then downloaded a windows 10 realtek r audio driver but this has not...
  7. Realtek audio not working for my speakers

Realtek audio not working for my speakers: My speakers do not play and when i trouble shoot Audio real tek it says that the drivers are found but it has encountered problems installing them. It also says the system cannot find the file displayed. I then downloaded a windows 10 realtek r audio driver but this has not...
  8. Realtek audio not working for my speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. I accidentally deleted my realtek speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my realtek speaker: I have an ASUS Vivobook S 14 Flip TP3402, and the audio stopped working randomly. I tried troubleshooting and it said it detected an issue with the audio that it could not fix. I tried to follow some youtube tutorials and noting fixed it, then suddenly it said I had no audio...
  10. I accidentally deleted my realtek speaker

I accidentally deleted my realtek speaker: I have an ASUS Vivobook S 14 Flip TP3402, and the audio stopped working randomly. I tried troubleshooting and it said it detected an issue with the audio that it could not fix. I tried to follow some youtube tutorials and noting fixed it, then suddenly it said I had no audio...