Windows 10: Realtek Stereo Sound Issues

Discus and support Realtek Stereo Sound Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I started noticing that in games, some sounds aren't working properly. As an example, in 3D games such as Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands 2 and Dying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rebooter, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Rebooter Win User

Realtek Stereo Sound Issues

I started noticing that in games, some sounds aren't working properly. As an example, in 3D games such as Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands 2 and Dying Light, the positional audio for character dialog lowers in volume if you are not facing directly at the character. If I turn 180 degrees away from the character, the volume of the character's speech is almost zero.

I believe what is happening is that the games are incorrectly trying to render 5.1 or 7.1 audio, so when the player turns in relation to the character, it's trying to use side and rear speakers (which aren't there) to render the audio.

I have everything in Windows sound settings set to 'Stereo'. But in 'Sound Control Panel' in the properties for Realtek High Defintion Audio, the 'Levels' tab is still showing 'Side', 'Center', 'Subwoofer' and 'Rear' level settings. No matter what I do it looks like the driver is trying to render multichannel instead of stereo.

To confirm this I enabled 'Windows Sonic for Headphones' and the issue goes away, I believe because this mixes the multichannel audio down to stereo. I'm using Realtek HD Audio (I've tried three different drivers and currently have the 6.0.8799.1 installed).

Finally I uninstalled the Realtek driver and Windows installed its default sound driver and it does not have the issue. It also doesn't show the extra channels in its sound control panel.

I did see an article about a recent Windows update that affected multichannel sound in games, but it doesn't mention stereo sound or the issue I'm having.

Can anyone using stereo audio with Realtek drivers confirm this issue?

:)

Rebooter, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Rebooter Win User

I started noticing that in games, some sounds aren't working properly. As an example, in 3D games such as Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands 2 and Dying Light, the positional audio for character dialog lowers in volume if you are not facing directly at the character. If I turn 180 degrees away from the character, the volume of the character's speech is almost zero.

I believe what is happening is that the games are incorrectly trying to render 5.1 or 7.1 audio, so when the player turns in relation to the character, it's trying to use side and rear speakers (which aren't there) to render the audio.

I have everything in Windows sound settings set to 'Stereo'. But in 'Sound Control Panel' in the properties for Realtek High Defintion Audio, the 'Levels' tab is still showing 'Side', 'Center', 'Subwoofer' and 'Rear' level settings. No matter what I do it looks like the driver is trying to render multichannel instead of stereo.

To confirm this I enabled 'Windows Sonic for Headphones' and the issue goes away, I believe because this mixes the multichannel audio down to stereo. I'm using Realtek HD Audio (I've tried three different drivers and currently have the 6.0.8799.1 installed).

Finally I uninstalled the Realtek driver and Windows installed its default sound driver and it does not have the issue. It also doesn't show the extra channels in its sound control panel.

I did see an article about a recent Windows update that affected multichannel sound in games, but it doesn't mention stereo sound or the issue I'm having.

Can anyone using stereo audio with Realtek drivers confirm this issue?

Rebooter, Oct 6, 2019
  3. stathisus Win User
    realtek sound driver

windows 10 pro x64 build 10162

asus x99-a motherboard

intel 5820k

gtx980ti msi

problem with sound. driver 6.0.1.7535 realtek.

in stereo its ok. when i configure in 5.1 there is no sound.

• i clean install many times nothing happend.
    • tried older version .7525 same problem
    • tried version 8.1 windows .7344 same problem again.
    • tried troubleshooter, it says that everything is ok.

stathisus, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Realtek Stereo Sound Issues

Cannot active "Realtek Stereo Mix" on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Hello Deepan,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

• What happens when you try to record using Stereo Mix?

• Do you receive any error code or error message?
    Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: To enable Stereo Mix

• Right-click on the audio icon in the system tray and select
      Recording Devices to open the recording device settings.

• Then Right-click on the empty area in dialog box and select
      View and Show disconnected devices which would

• Show the Stereo Mix option.

• Right-click on Stereo Mixer and click on Enable.

Step 2: To upgrade the Stereo Mixer

Go to Device Manager. Under Audio Inputs and Sounds, locate Stereo Mixer.

* Right click and go to properties and chose to update drivers.

If the issue still persists, then update your sound card driver by the following steps.

1) Go to Device Manager.

2) Click Sound, video, and game controllers to expand.

3) Under Sound, video, and game controllers, double-click the entry for your sound card, and then click the
    Driver tab.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are happy to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Realtek Stereo Sound Issues - Similar Threads - Realtek Stereo Sound

2. Issue with realtek sound drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with realtek sound drivers: Hi,I purchased a new laptop MSI Alpha 15 AMD Advantage edition Windows 11 and it has this static noise from headphone jack only whenever I am about to use some application which has audio use from laptop. At the beginning of every app start, I get this Crack sound which is...
  3. Issue with realtek sound drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with realtek sound drivers: Hi,I purchased a new laptop MSI Alpha 15 AMD Advantage edition Windows 11 and it has this static noise from headphone jack only whenever I am about to use some application which has audio use from laptop. At the beginning of every app start, I get this Crack sound which is...
  4. Realtek Drivers Stereo mix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Drivers Stereo mix: HiI have tried everything and i dont know what to do.I want to my headphones and speakers to play simultaneously, i know i need Stereo Mix for that but when i install the Realtek Drivers to add Stereo Mix my headphones disappear from the playback menu and somehow sync in one...
  5. Issue with Bluetooth Headphones, Stereo Sound not working.

Issue with Bluetooth Headphones, Stereo Sound not working.: I'm having issues with my ComfortQ+ headphones not playing stereo sound. I've tried everything from restarting to disconnecting my headphones; to even removing the drivers manually using Device Manager. Also when I try to press 'Connect' on the dropdown menu it does nothing....
  6. REALTEK ISSUE ON SOUND PANEL ON "ENHANCEMENTS"

in Windows 10 Customization
    REALTEK ISSUE ON SOUND PANEL ON "ENHANCEMENTS": I got the enhancement tab but not as many options as this guy has How to Remove Buzzing and Static Noise From Microphone on Windows 10 Easy Method - YouTube does I only got “noise suppression” and “echo cancellation” while that guy has like Bean forming and more please help I...
  7. Realtek Driver Sound issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek Driver Sound issues: Hi All, I have a Dell Desktop with a Realtek Sound card. I use it primarily for recording music through a Guitar processor output to the Line IN jack on the back plate. I had an issue with it when it was new and Dell sent me links to drivers for the sound card and the...
  8. stereo mixer sound

stereo mixer sound: since last windows update i cant play sound in chat rooms. i had no problem before update, i update sound driver and ran troubleshooting sound, still nothing i do have sound, play music but once enable stereo mixer , its horrible, i rolled back driver etc done everything...
  9. [SOUND] Issues with the Stereo Mix.

[SOUND] Issues with the Stereo Mix.: The Stereo Mix is activated but it records no sounds. When i press "listen the device" and i choose a exit device i hear nothing. There is also no green bar at the left of the icon when playing media on the computer. All seems ok in the properties "This device works...
  10. REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE

REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE: To all who read this post, I apologize in advance for abandoning polite manners. However, I am done wasting my good manners on Microsoft; patience and polite approaches are pointless with Microsoft. You are ignored, handed a stale, ineffective "solution", and otherwise left...