Windows 10: Realtek Wifi adapter driver disappeared

Discus and support Realtek Wifi adapter driver disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My HP laptop runs on Windows 10 and was not connecting to the wifi network, displaying the "Cannot connect to this network" error. I found the usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eduardo Repilloza, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Realtek Wifi adapter driver disappeared

My HP laptop runs on Windows 10 and was not connecting to the wifi network, displaying the "Cannot connect to this network" error. I found the usual advice saying to "Forget" the network and re-enter the password, which didn't work. Then found another advice to type Start + X, go to the Device Manager and delete the driver Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11 bgn WiFi Adapter and after restarting, it would show up again but fixed. This didn't work either: it showed up again but the issue continued. I double-checked the password several times trying it in different devices, turned the router on and off. Last advice I found suggested to look for the driver on the Realtek or HP websites. I used another laptop to look for them. I found some in the Realtek and HP, copied them to my USB drive, then took them to the laptop. When I ran a particular driver I found in the Realtek website, the Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11 bgn WiFi Adaptercompletely disappeared, and I can't get it back on with any of the drivers I found nor restarting the PC, so now the wifi option doesn't even show up.

This is the laptop I use to work from home during the COVID-19 quarantine. PLEASE HELP!

:)

Eduardo Repilloza, Apr 12, 2020
  2. quiltam Win User

Realtek wifi adapter isn't working

This problem started a few days ago. Initially I thought it was due to a dead spot in our home. After a few days I realized that was not the case. The troubleshooter narrowed it down to the Realtek wifi adapter. I went to
    the Network adapters under Device Manager. There was an indicator there (the yellow triangle I think). I checked for driver update, there were none. Received a "message" that I had the driver recommended and/or up to date. I found info suggesting I roll back
    the driver. That option is not available. I found suggestion to uninstall the network adapter, restart and hopefully that reinstalls the driver. That didn't work. The Realtek adapter that I initially was dealing with is now gone. I had other messages in Device
    Manager saying the adapter couldn't start code 10 and couldn't be found. I currently have Realtek PCle FE Family Controller listed. I think that was there before but not the wifi adapter initially identified as this problem. This controller seems to be ok.
    I found information suggesting some type of installation or update could be the culpret. I had recently upgraded a program so did a system restore back to before the update. Initially this seemed to work but now the problem is back. I found information about
    generating a wlanreport but received "failed, error is 0x3A98." I found this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues. I don't believe the problem is the router, modem, etc. basic issues. Ethernet cable works
    but that was never the issue. I did not turn off firewall, antivirus protection, etc. as that seems irrelevant and I'm hesitant to do anything anymore. This only other thing on this list that I haven't done is the network reset. Again, hesitant to try anything
    else, especially when this article says "last resort." It appears to me that I have completely lost the ability to use wifi and that the realtek adapter needs to be turned back on or reinstalled and nothing else I've seen seems to offer that solution. I tried
    virtual assistant which led to some of the suggestions. I thought there was a chat available, can't find it. I don't see what the Skype option is supposed to do; it doesn't seem to "call" anyone.

Trying to find more Realtek info in history: Realtek RTL8821ae wireless lan 802.11ac may be the actual adapter that no longer shows up.

quiltam, Apr 12, 2020
  3. kentosan Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Thanks for replying.

@Spirit MS MVP - This is the reason wifi is disabled when the computer goes into sleep mode. When I untick the "Allow computer to turn off the device to save power" and place the computer into sleep mode, the wifi adapter disappears. If i recheck it, and
    put the computer to sleep, the wifi adapter does not get uninstalled.

@Andre - First solution does not work because the adapter does not exist and is not listed in the Device Manager.

Second solution doesnt work because the adapter is not listed in Troubleshooting. I tried troubleshooting all adapters and nothing was returned.

Third solution again does not work because the adapter is not there to uninstall.

The wireless driver/adapter disappears after restarting from sleep mode when the adapter's ""Allow computer to turn off device to save power" setting is unchecked.

kentosan, Apr 12, 2020
  4. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Realtek Wifi adapter driver disappeared

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

Thema:

Realtek Wifi adapter driver disappeared

1. Realtek Wifi adapter driver disappeared - Similar Threads - Realtek Wifi adapter

2. Wifi adapter disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter disappear: Hola, mi laptop esta tiene problemas como con el wifi es una Asus tuf gaming F15 con windows 11 las conexiones a internet las pierde aparte de que tengo que reiniciar la pc para que vuelva tener conectividad, el botón de internet de la interfaz de windows desaparece pero el...
  3. Wifi adapter disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter disappear: Hola, mi laptop esta tiene problemas como con el wifi es una Asus tuf gaming F15 con windows 11 las conexiones a internet las pierde aparte de que tengo que reiniciar la pc para que vuelva tener conectividad, el botón de internet de la interfaz de windows desaparece pero el...
  4. Wifi options, drivers and network adapters all disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi options, drivers and network adapters all disappears: I've been experiencing this problem for months now and I've searched and followed through multiple YouTube videos and articles and nothing has fixed this.This is a list of what I have tried.•Perform a clean install of windows.•Update WiFi drivers.•Roll back WiFi...
  5. Wifi options, drivers and network adapters all disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi options, drivers and network adapters all disappears: I've been experiencing this problem for months now and I've searched and followed through multiple YouTube videos and articles and nothing has fixed this.This is a list of what I have tried.•Perform a clean install of windows.•Update WiFi drivers.•Roll back WiFi...
  6. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter disappeared: Hello,My wifi adapter stopped working recently, after my computer completely froze. Device manager said Code 45. I followed advice given online: uninstalled the adapter, downloaded and installed updated drivers. But it did not make it work and now the adapter completely...
  7. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter disappeared: Hello,My wifi adapter stopped working recently, after my computer completely froze. Device manager said Code 45. I followed advice given online: uninstalled the adapter, downloaded and installed updated drivers. But it did not make it work and now the adapter completely...
  8. Wifi adapter disappeared

9. WiFi Adapter Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi Adapter Disappeared: Hi community, wifi adapter gone missing. I can't see it from device manager. [ATTACH] I tried different solutions from microsoft community help and also from hp community. But, nothing is fruitful. First time several restarts works and then, I also changed power...
  10. WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi

WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi: I have a HP Spectre laptop which has been working fine until a Windows 10 update happened. Now the WiFI adapter Intel 8265 is not installed gives Code 56 error when I view in Device Manager. There is a yellow exclamation mark in front of the device. I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek wlan driver missing

2. realtek wifi adapter disappeared

3. realtek wifi disappeared