Windows 10: RealtekR Audio, Microphone stopped working since the last update, it says "not plugged in"

Discus and support RealtekR Audio, Microphone stopped working since the last update, it says "not plugged in" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been with this problem since 2 weeks ago, after installing Realtek drivers in Windows Update, my microphone suddenly stopped working, so I decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Johan Fuentes, Nov 23, 2022.

1. RealtekR Audio, Microphone stopped working since the last update, it says "not plugged in"

I've been with this problem since 2 weeks ago, after installing Realtek drivers in Windows Update, my microphone suddenly stopped working, so I decided to search for solutions online, first I tried the troubleshooter, it didn't work, I tried a lot of possible solutions, but at the end, I just tried to install Realtek HD Audio Driver R2.81 and it worked, my microphone was detected, today other new drivers were automatically installed through Windows Update, my microphone stopped working again and it said "Not plugged in" like last time, I tried the same solution of installing the R2.81 drivers

:)

Johan Fuentes, Nov 23, 2022
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Nov 23, 2022
  3. Audio Issues: Microphones All Stop Working

Hello. I have a HP Pavillion 500-164 tower. An ancient system, but it has been running Windows 10 just fine. Everything is stock, except for upgraded Memory, PSU, and GPU. No issues after I installed that hardware.

About a week ago, the microphone inputs all stopped working. Playback works fine, any device. My computer has a IDT HD Audio in it. I have tried multiple microphones, front input jack, rear input jack, and even a USB sound card. No difference. The microphones still don't work, no matter which one, where, or what settings I use (Sound Settings).

I recently installed VB- Audio Cable software for some streaming I needed to do. I installed it about a week or two before these problems showed up, so the first thing I did was uninstall VB-Audio Cable. No effect.

Where should I start to trouble shoot this? I have tried all my microphones on another PC and it worked just fine, so I know that isn't the problem. I have tried plugging the USB sound card into different USB ports (that work just fine for every other USB thing I plug in). The USB card was Amazon recommended 4 out of 5 stars customer reviews.

Suggestions please! Thanks!

Blenderite, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Wyanston Win User

RealtekR Audio, Microphone stopped working since the last update, it says "not plugged in"

Microphone not working when plugged in

When I plug my headset into my computer running windows 10 home, the microphone doesn't work, however when it is unplugged the microphone does work. I've checked if the cable is broken, and it isn't as the microphone works on all my other devices. I've run
    the troubleshooter for the microphone, and it says that it can not find the issue. When the headset is plugged in and unplugged the computer still recognises both the microphone and speaker as "Realtek (R) Audio"

Does anyone have any suggestions that I can do to fix this?

Wyanston, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

RealtekR Audio, Microphone stopped working since the last update, it says "not plugged in"

1. RealtekR Audio, Microphone stopped working since the last update, it says "not plugged in" - Similar Threads - RealtekR Audio Microphone

2. RealtekR Audio built-in microphone is "not connected" suddenly and nothing works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RealtekR Audio built-in microphone is "not connected" suddenly and nothing works: Today, I was going to talk with a friend through google meet, and suddenly her microphone was not working. After checking the sound settings, I saw that the microphone sections was showing: Group of microhopones - Working That's the built-in webcamOutput MicrophoneMic - Not...
  3. RealtekR Audio built-in microphone is "not connected" suddenly and nothing works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RealtekR Audio built-in microphone is "not connected" suddenly and nothing works: Today, I was going to talk with a friend through google meet, and suddenly her microphone was not working. After checking the sound settings, I saw that the microphone sections was showing: Group of microhopones - Working That's the built-in webcamOutput MicrophoneMic - Not...
  4. Laptop's own microphone shows not plugged in RealtekR Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's own microphone shows not plugged in RealtekR Audio: I haven't done any remarkable changes to my laptop but suddenly the laptop's microphone stopped working out of no where. I tried to troubleshoot the problem but recording microphone was not visible under the other troubleshooter part in the system>Troubleshoot>other...
  5. Laptop's own microphone shows not plugged in RealtekR Audio

Laptop's own microphone shows not plugged in RealtekR Audio: I haven't done any remarkable changes to my laptop but suddenly the laptop's microphone stopped working out of no where. I tried to troubleshoot the problem but recording microphone was not visible under the other troubleshooter part in the system>Troubleshoot>other...
  6. Microphone won't work with RealtekR Audio driver. Please Help :

Microphone won't work with RealtekR Audio driver. Please Help :: For reference, i'm currently running a Windows 10, with a GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 rev. 1.x motherboard, and have been for roughly the past year or so. But ever since the latest version of realtek has overtaken my audio systems, basically everything's been screwed. My computer...
  7. RealtekR Audio, Microphone stopped working since the last update, it says "not plugged in"

RealtekR Audio, Microphone stopped working since the last update, it says "not plugged in": I've been with this problem since 2 weeks ago, after installing Realtek drivers in Windows Update, my microphone suddenly stopped working, so I decided to search for solutions online, first I tried the troubleshooter, it didn't work, I tried a lot of possible solutions, but...
  8. realtekR audio - microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    realtekR audio - microphone not working: Hi everybody.I'm having a problem with my microphone right now---first, my device is MSI GL65 9SDK 254VNcurrently my audio driver is realtekR audio. however, the microphone on my laptop, as well as on my headset, is not working. when i check with device manager it says the...
  9. realtekR audio - microphone not working

realtekR audio - microphone not working: Hi everybody.I'm having a problem with my microphone right now---first, my device is MSI GL65 9SDK 254VNcurrently my audio driver is realtekR audio. however, the microphone on my laptop, as well as on my headset, is not working. when i check with device manager it says the...
  10. RealtekR Audio built-in microphone device suddenly not working after update

RealtekR Audio built-in microphone device suddenly not working after update: My laptop is a Dell G7 7588 running Windows 10 Home version 20H2. After a recent forced restart and update, my built-in RealtekR Audio microphone appears nonexistent to the other programs on my laptop. While it does appear in the Device Manager under Sound, video and game...