Windows 10: RealtekR Microphone gets overwritten by Headset when plugged in but Headset doesnt have a...

Discus and support RealtekR Microphone gets overwritten by Headset when plugged in but Headset doesnt have a... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Gday, I have recently gotten myself a laptop with that happens to have an inbuilt microphone. The microphone works well and is the only microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mitchell_E_Lewis, Jan 8, 2021.

1. RealtekR Microphone gets overwritten by Headset when plugged in but Headset doesnt have a...

Gday,

I have recently gotten myself a laptop with that happens to have an inbuilt microphone. The microphone works well and is the only microphone listed in recording devices as a RealtekR Audio Microphone besides Stereo Mix which I have disabled.

I would like to use my studio headset which does not have a microphone in conjunction with the inbuilt microphone, but because of what I assume is a combo jack, when plugging in the Headset it not only overwrites the RealtekR Audio Speakers but the RealtekR Audio Microphone as well.

I now have the problem of Realtek thinking that my headset has a microphone when it doesnt, and this all results in me unable to use the inbuilt microphone.

RealtekR Microphone gets overwritten by Headset when plugged in but Headset doesnt have a... 22f646c4-5179-4730-9fc1-d4438ccee797?upload=true.png

This screenshot is of when the Headset is plugged in it looks the same when unplugged.

Dont ask me to set defaults or disable stuff because there is literally no alternative recording devices listed.

:)

Mitchell_E_Lewis, Jan 8, 2021

2. microphone on the headset doesnt work

Original title: Laptop Microphone totally ignores headset microphone

I have a laptop with an integrated microphone, whilst having a headset with a microphone included.

The microphone on the headset doesnt work, only uses the laptop microphone which is really hard for me to chat with my buddies.

I can hear fine on the headset, the microphone doesnt do anything.

Can someone give me the resolution for this problem?

(My headset is a HyperX - I dont know what type but its a HyperX.)

jaredhale2004, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

The headset seems to have a TRRS plug. However, i did not think that would be a problem. I use the Alienware 17 laptop (planning to build a pc later this year), and it has 3 audio ports. They each have a diagram next to them. The diagrams (in order) are: A microphone, headphones, a headset (with the mic coming off of it). Because of the headset image, i would assume that it would be a TRRS port. That doesnt work though.

Aaeeschylus, Jan 8, 2021
  4. RealtekR Microphone gets overwritten by Headset when plugged in but Headset doesnt have a...

microphone on the headset doesnt work

I have same headset as well. But to be sure mine is the Kingston HX model # HX-HSCS-BK.

I can hear other players while in a online game, but I cannot talk to them.

How do I get the mic on my Kingston headset to work?

Mark Ridgley

MarkRidgley, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

RealtekR Microphone gets overwritten by Headset when plugged in but Headset doesnt have a...

1. RealtekR Microphone gets overwritten by Headset when plugged in but Headset doesnt have a... - Similar Threads - RealtekR Microphone gets

2. Headset Microphone not detected when plugged into onboard audio jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Microphone not detected when plugged into onboard audio jack: I recently did a completely fresh install of windows on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55, and I noticed that Windows does not pick up my Logitech headset microphone when the headset is plugged directly into the on board audio jack. Looking through the device manager and in sound...
  3. RealtekR Headset Microphone not being detected on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RealtekR Headset Microphone not being detected on Windows 10 PC: I have a headset that uses RealtekR and it used to work on my desktop, both the microphone and the audio at the same time. Now, out of nowhere, Windows does not detect that the microphone is plugged in, even when it does detect that the headset is plugged in. I tested the...
  4. RealtekR Headset Microphone not being detected on Windows 10 PC

RealtekR Headset Microphone not being detected on Windows 10 PC: I have a headset that uses RealtekR and it used to work on my desktop, both the microphone and the audio at the same time. Now, out of nowhere, Windows does not detect that the microphone is plugged in, even when it does detect that the headset is plugged in. I tested the...
  5. RealtekR Headset Microphone not being detected on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. my headset microphone is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headset microphone is not plugged in: I tried:1. updating driver software2. troubleshooting3. reinstalling my micOnly my headset mic is not working, other are working.sorry for bad english...
  7. my headset microphone is not plugged in

my headset microphone is not plugged in: I tried:1. updating driver software2. troubleshooting3. reinstalling my micOnly my headset mic is not working, other are working.sorry for bad english...
  8. my headset microphone is not plugged in

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Headset not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headset not working when plugged in: So i have this problem with my headset, when i plug it in, the sound does not transfer to my headphone, i have confirmed that this is my devices fault and not my headset, what i do to counter this is by going into About Your Pc, System Info, Advanced system settings, hardware...
  10. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...