Windows 10: Realtime protection will not turn on

Discus and support Realtime protection will not turn on in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Realtime protection on Defender will not turn on ' tried everything suggested ' my question is can I uninstall Defender and reinstall to fix'... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ADFICID, Aug 12, 2019.

1. ADFICID Win User

Realtime protection will not turn on

Realtime protection on Defender will not turn on ' tried everything suggested ' my question is can I uninstall Defender and reinstall to fix'

:)

ADFICID, Aug 12, 2019

2. Realtime Protection

When I do Windows Defender update, the realtime protection turns off. Why?

MichelleDraper, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Realtime protection couldn't be turned on

I just got a pop up notice saying that virus protection was turned off, so I clicked to investigate, and every time I try to turn it back on I get a notice saying "Realtime protection couldn't be turned on. This operation returned because the timeout period
    expired."

I don't even understand what that means.

The program is up to date. It just seems to have turned off on it's own and now is not working.

CarnealSimmons, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Realtime protection will not turn on

Realtime protection couldn't be turned on

eslammigdadi, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Realtime protection will not turn on

1. Realtime protection will not turn on - Similar Threads - Realtime protection turn

2. Temporarily turn off protection.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Temporarily turn off protection.: Hello. I've been trying to run an executable but receive a message stating that Windows has prevented the .exe because it's unknown. Is there a way to temporarily allow this .exe to run? The message comes within a blue square.[ATTACH]...
  3. turn off antivirus protection

turn off antivirus protection: How do I turn off virus and threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-antivirus-protection/02f78b71-a7fe-4857-8575-978200f555c6
  4. Turning on Real Time Protection

Turning on Real Time Protection: So I went to turn on the Real Time Protection with Windows Defender Security Centre, but the toggle switch was disabled. [ATTACH] So I scrolled down to see if I could find a way to turn it on and found this. [ATTACH] I then clicked Manage Controlled folder access,...
  5. Windows Defender Realtime Protection

Windows Defender Realtime Protection: I've downloaded a file, but windows defender detected a malware on that file.But the file is absolutely clean from any virus.I want to turn off the realtime protection but it can't.Please help....
  6. Turn on virus and threat protection

Turn on virus and threat protection: Hi, I do not have any third party antivirus application installed on my pc but whenever I'm trying to turn it on from the settings, I get a error message saying that " Your virus & threat protection is being managed by your organization " Please help.. With Regards,...
  7. About Realtime Protection or Windows Firewall

About Realtime Protection or Windows Firewall: I have a question that I hope someone will be able to answer for me. I am running Windows 7. I would love to be on Windows 10 but I have an old laptop that I was able to get for $40 and I was happy to get it as I am on a totally restricted and pathetic budget. (Things will...
  8. Turn on Real-time protection

Turn on Real-time protection: Can you help me, I can't Turn on Real-time protection in Windows defender security. I use Windows 10 version 1803. Thankyou alot![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/turn-on-real-time-protection/bb14c04d-95ce-46ae-bce2-843d02cfe001"
  9. System protection always turns on

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System protection always turns on: Whenever I turn if off, it is turned on after several days, and the mac usage will become 100%. I am running low of SSD storage. How to keep it disabled?*cry 112861
  10. System Protection Turned Off

in Windows 10 Support
    System Protection Turned Off: After the upgrade from 8.1 pro to 10, i noticed system protection was turned off. I went ahead and turned it back on and moved the slider back to ten percent. Any reason why the upgrade turned it off? Any reason not to turn it on? Thanks, Mike 9926